• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

It's amazing how many of us are checking in on Nov 2, it's a regular DIS convention! Or I may just be noticing that day more, since it's my Welcome Home date! :rotfl2:

I just the site everyday. no luck yet....46 days to go...

This is our first trip as DVC members :)

Arriving November 3rd and I realized that since we are using CM tickets, we will not be able to participate in FP+, even if we do get MBs at some point. It's a little disapointing, but that's ok - not much of a planner anyway. Besides, I'd be happy with just a MB just for the Disney Infinity unlockable :cool2:

Anyhow, I was just wondering, since we wouldn't be able to participate in FP+ does that mean we wont have any chance at trying to book a BOG Lunch reservation? I've made it into the BOG site but since dates for November supposedly haven't been loaded yet, no times are listed for the week I'm there.

What is the BOG site to make FP+ Ressies? I am a November check in as well, but I just want to have all the info I need handy for when that day opens(hopefully)

PS. 54 days to go any no magic bands:headache:

We're going 11/9, and I haven't heard anything. We have the orbitz ticket vouchers, soI can't connect our tickets to the MDE site. Does this mean we can't do FP+? Does it also mean we can't get MBs?

We're going 11/9, and I haven't heard anything. We have the orbitz ticket vouchers, soI can't connect our tickets to the MDE site. Does this mean we can't do FP+? Does it also mean we can't get MBs?

You will be able to get MBs. As for FP+, you will be able to use it, but you won't be able to schedule them in advance. Once you get there and link your tickets you will have access to the system.

Have you tried calling IT to see if they can help you link your tickets?

SJS314 our check in is Nov 11 which is 55 days from today, but who is counting :rotfl2:

I first called on Friday then I just couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to double check that my request was in the system and was in line to get taken care of so I called again on Monday. Both CMs were polite and I didn't feel like I was being any bother. The only difference was the first CM told me a week and the second said about 3. At least I won't be climbing the walls this Friday waiting for an answer. I will keep you posted on any progress I have. Please do the same with your issue.

It's amazing how many of us are checking in on Nov 2, it's a regular DIS convention! Or I may just be noticing that day more, since it's my Welcome Home date! :rotfl2:

We arrive November 2 also, but we are at Sheraton Vistana until the 9th, then check into SSR until the 16th!!! :cool1: 2 weeks in Disney...I CANNOT wait!!

Barb

Thank you for this. I was also told "about a week" on Thursday but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Given other peoples reported wait times to get ticket issues resolved, it didn't seem likely that mine would be fixed in a week.

No problem. I was happy that the CM told me it would be 3 weeks since that seems much more realistic considering the issues they are having with MDE. I will keep you posted on any progress. The CM did say that the tickets will magically appear in MDE under My Reservations and I will get an email. I still check daily, you just never know :) :goodvibes

You will be able to get MBs. As for FP+, you will be able to use it, but you won't be able to schedule them in advance. Once you get there and link your tickets you will have access to the system.

Have you tried calling IT to see if they can help you link your tickets?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try calling - I thought we were up the creek without a paddle, but now there's hope :)

I just wanted to reassure you all that it looks to me like there is LOTS of availability for FP+ into early November. I did some modifying of ours today and could have had most any November ride time I wanted from evening to night on all the headliners.

The slots are there waiting for you as soon as the access comes on!!!:thumbsup2

We are a 10/31 check in at CSR (don't flame me for posting on this thread, please...) and I was just able to access FP+ three days ago.

Hopefully you all find that news somewhat encouraging.

Interesting observation, although it could mean absolutely nothing ... :rotfl2:

I'm one of the people who reported last week that when we click on the "make FP+ selections" link we were getting a row with two days, one for the current week of September and the other was for dates in November. The screen eventually fades and then a message appears saying that none of the guest's dates are within the eligible window, or something to that affect.

I was just playing on the MDE page this morning and noticed that the dates in the November row have changed. Last week they were for the second last week of November. Today they were for the last week of November. It is unlikely that anyone arriving on October 31 would stay for the entire month of November. Is it possible they are continuing to load November into the system for us poor November peeps?! Hopefully not just wishful thinking!

We are checking in on November 13th. No magic bands, but it does appear that we have the option to use FP+. However, we are traveling with another couple and it will not allow me to select them for FP+ - it says, "Only Guests participating in MyMagic+ are eligible for the Disney FastPass+ service." Based on a post I read here yesterday, I moved them to my "Family" so I could have the option to do this for them, but it still gives me this message. :confused3

Only thing I can think of is that DH and I are actually going in October for a few days to celebrate our 25th anniversary and have Magic Bands for that trip. Could that be why we're eligible and they're not?

What is the BOG site to make FP+ Ressies? I am a November check in as well, but I just want to have all the info I need handy for when that day opens(hopefully)

PS. 54 days to go any no magic bands:headache:

I don't think I've hit the minimum posts to post a link but I'm sure you can find it in one of the many BOG FP+ threads in the restaurant boards. ;)

We are checking in on November 13th. No magic bands, but it does appear that we have the option to use FP+. However, we are traveling with another couple and it will not allow me to select them for FP+ - it says, "Only Guests participating in MyMagic+ are eligible for the Disney FastPass+ service." Based on a post I read here yesterday, I moved them to my "Family" so I could have the option to do this for them, but it still gives me this message. :confused3

Only thing I can think of is that DH and I are actually going in October for a few days to celebrate our 25th anniversary and have Magic Bands for that trip. Could that be why we're eligible and they're not?

For guests visiting in November, or later, that have not already received a MB from a previous stay (September and October included), there are no FP+ options at all yet. DW has not opened November reservations yet.

For guests visiting in November, or later, that have not already received a MB from a previous stay (September and October included), there are no FP+ options at all yet. DW has not opened November reservations yet.

Well, there's really no point in me reserving FP+ if I can't do it for all four of us. :sad2:

Guess I'll join you all in watching and waiting . . .

SJS314 our check in is Nov 11 which is 55 days from today, but who is counting :rotfl2:

I first called on Friday then I just couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to double check that my request was in the system and was in line to get taken care of so I called again on Monday. Both CMs were polite and I didn't feel like I was being any bother. The only difference was the first CM told me a week and the second said about 3. At least I won't be climbing the walls this Friday waiting for an answer. I will keep you posted on any progress I have. Please do the same with your issue.

houseofmouse5 I felt I was talked down to on my second call by the way she spoke that it was my own fault since I bought from UT so I still haven't called back yet. I think if my MB pop up to customize I will be happy with just those.

I am new to all of this... just learning about MB/FP+... we are checking in Nov 30 - Dec 5 at Fort Wilderness...

If we get an invite... how does it come? email? letter?
Or do I keep checking on MDE... what will it say?

Thanks for any help!

I am new to all of this... just learning about MB/FP+... we are checking in Nov 30 - Dec 5 at Fort Wilderness...

If we get an invite... how does it come? email? letter?
Or do I keep checking on MDE... what will it say?

Thanks for any help!

You do not need to get an invite. All of the resorts will be live by then so you will be able to participate. November check-ins should go live soon...maybe a week or two. Keep checking your MDE account and these boards.

Once you are able to customize MBs the link will go from "Manage Magic Bands" to "Customize Magic Bands". For October check-ins there was a glitch where those who had already done on line check in did not get the "Customize MBs" link. They had to go into on line check in again, hit submit/done and then the link went live. That may happen for November check ins as well so just be aware.

Happy waiting! :)

If it should turn out that they do not become eligible (Disney decides not to extend the testing into November), can I just leave our Magic Bands at home and just use KTTW cards like our friends?

If everything is going the way it has been by the time November comes then yes. So far testers have been getting both magic bands and KTTW cards, so you could just use the cards in the regular fastpass machines. Also since its a test you can opt out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter