Any Free souveniers on the dream?

Some couples take home a "little souvenir" from the cruise. They're even advertised in a t.v. commercial. They take about 9 mos for delivery.

jdb in AZ said:
Some couples take home a "little souvenir" from the cruise. They're even advertised in a t.v. commercial. They take about 9 mos for delivery.

Brought one home from the Polynesian about 3 years ago :). And trust me - very expensive due to being the female version ;)

Are there any free souveniers you get on your cruise like magnets or something? Also will the employees notice anything if you take a towel for souvenier or any of the books or whatever is on the desk in your room?

Need to take the towels??????

Your thought process began with "I". Though the boards are all about opinions, try to realize not everyone has had the same life you've had and socially judging them does not serve to change the behavior with which you disagree.

Chateau...can you explain the life experience where you will pay for a Disney cruise $$$$ but be willing to try to steal towels??

I like to "stock up" on tea bags from the drink stations. You can also take home extra soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and even the remainder of your toilet paper and tissue box. Others have mentioned DCL pens, stationary, post cards that come in your room.

Enjoy your cruise!

Can't say I've ever thought of taking the tissue box or toilet paper! :rotfl:

Can't say I've ever thought of taking the tissue box or toilet paper! :rotfl:

Guilty! I'm not proud, but I took a half-empty box of tissues from a hotel once when I had a cold. We were on a car trip and they sure came in handy. I especially like the fact that the tissues are a different color when the box is running out.

Now I feel bad. But it's a good thing I don't know how to dismantle the tissue dispenser on the Dream. I might be tempted to bring home a souvenir box of DCL tissues.......

Chateau...can you explain the life experience where you will pay for a Disney cruise $$$$ but be willing to try to steal towels??

You would have to be a study in psychology, combined with an understanding of someone's life, through communicating from them... too long to explain in a short thread. In a nutshell, as I stated prior, it's not necessarily about ''affording.'' Winona Rider is a potential example (not knowing details of her theft case, but knowing she could afford clothing). But that's not what the OP's question was, nor this thread was about. Everyone remained respectful in a thread that may have become a hot topic, and potentially closed or penalties passed out (I didn't see anyone's comments disappear). THAT is great!!!

You would have to be a study in psychology, combined with an understanding of someone's life, through communicating from them... too long to explain in a short thread. In a nutshell, as I stated prior, it's not necessarily about ''affording.'' Winona Rider is a potential example (not knowing details of her theft case, but knowing she could afford clothing). But that's not what the OP's question was, nor this thread was about. Everyone remained respectful in a thread that may have become a hot topic, and potentially closed or penalties passed out (I didn't see anyone's comments disappear). THAT is great!!!

I see where you are coming from now. And it sort of helps me see how the OP would not look at taking a towel or two as stealing. You have a very good point.
To the OP, or any one else, I made a great shadow box after our cruise and included things like the pin we got from the wine tastings, the just married buttons they gave us, our KTTW cards and other "free" things. I think my favorite souvenirs were things that were "free". There are things that are no extra cost if you look for them. They just don't include the towels.

We were on the MV of the Dream and took the laundry bag but was fully aware we'd be charged for it. Funnily enough it's sat gathering dust since then.
Turning the question around a little ..... If you were ALLOWED to take one thing from the ship, what would it be? Rule is, it must fit into a standard suitcase so no choosing statues!! For me, it'd be the body butter still .. I know it's lotion now so I'd change it back to butter and take boxes of the stuff!!

We went to the dvc meeting and got a nice organizer!! Leather style. and a free bag with a picture of walt and his wife. and stickers from dvc. there were also nice posters of pirate mickey! and we had a painting of the ship signed by the captain! And mickey and friends. we were in the fish extender group. there were gifts stolen! I don't understand why people pay a lot of money for a cruise and then just steal from others also! I asked the waiter if i could take the menu from pirates night he said you can i won't stop you... but i chickened out haha.. just made some close up pictures of it.

My free souvenirs... The smiles on the kids faces, my husband actually relaxing for a few days, me not yelling at the kids, asking those around us to write down a special memory from the cruise and where they are from in our autograph book. We saved the kids menus from the restaurants that they drew on as well. There's so much that you can take away and never forget.

Everyone else, relax. The OP wasn't asking about stealing things.

My free souvenirs... The smiles on the kids faces, my husband actually relaxing for a few days, me not yelling at the kids, asking those around us to write down a special memory from the cruise and where they are from in our autograph book. We saved the kids menus from the restaurants that they drew on as well. There's so much that you can take away and never forget.

Everyone else, relax. The OP wasn't asking about stealing things.

They asked about taking towels or books from the room. That IS stealing.

They asked about taking towels or books from the room. That IS stealing.

Not a problem. I do understand how people take things differently. What I got from it was "is it expected??". If you've never been on a cruise or travel much before you don't know what the expectations are. Those of us that travel a lot know the expectations. I do think it is a harmless question. They asked, now they know. If they choose to do the wrong thing now that they now, well shame one them or anyone else for that matter.

The last night of the cruise I was on deck late at night enjoying the last few minutes of peace before all Heck broke loose the next morning with disembarkation. An older women came up with a suitcase and filled up her bag with pool towels. The ones that don't have the logo. I politely told her those are not for taking home. She put them back in the bin, we talked for about half an hour about cultural differences, the cruise, etc. and she left.

It is what it is.

The last night of the cruise I was on deck late at night enjoying the last few minutes of peace before all Heck broke loose the next morning with disembarkation. An older women came up with a suitcase and filled up her bag with pool towels. The ones that don't have the logo. I politely told her those are not for taking home. She put them back in the bin, we talked for about half an hour about cultural differences, the cruise, etc. and she left.

It is what it is.

Gotta ask...what culture was she a part of where that is acceptable?? My grandparents were depression children and my grandmother is all about free samples and gifts (she always takes the shampoo, etc after using a hotel room, or takes a salt/sugar packet if she doesn't use all the ones she was given at a restaurant), but even she would NEVER take something like towels that are clearly cleaned and reused for all the guests.

Oh wow. Timely confession: yesterday I found a spoon from Cabanas in the little tote I carry around the ship. How did that happen?
So I guess it's possible to accidentally take something or forget you picked it up! I'll have to book another cruise so I can return it! ;)

Gotta ask...what culture was she a part of where that is acceptable?? My grandparents were depression children and my grandmother is all about free samples and gifts (she always takes the shampoo, etc after using a hotel room, or takes a salt/sugar packet if she doesn't use all the ones she was given at a restaurant), but even she would NEVER take something like towels that are clearly cleaned and reused for all the guests.

I won't divulge nationality because I don't want that whole debate to start. But she was not from North or South America. And apparently in other cultures it's perfectly normal. Maybe that's why in other countries you have to check out items that are typically just left for your convenience in the Americas. Who knows????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter