Any Free souveniers on the dream?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Cond1108, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Cond1108

Cond1108 Earning My Ears

Are there any free souveniers you get on your cruise like magnets or something? Also will the employees notice anything if you take a towel for souvenier or any of the books or whatever is on the desk in your room?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

While the cruisefare is inclusive of a lot of things (meals, sodas at the drink station, shows) taking the towels and such are not part of what you already paid for. There will be extra charges for those things. If you're DVC, you'll get a magnet on your door. Sometimes (on Pirate night) we've gotten temporary tattoos from the DVC desk.

:cutie:

4. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

Folks even try to take the cloth laundry bag from the closet and are surprised when their shipboard account is charged $10.00. Don't take the towels, books or laundry bag, you will be charged. Inventory is taken after each guest leaves the cabin.

5. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

First, don't steal.

Second, even if you do, all you are getting is a plain white bath towel. Nothing special IIRC. The only book I remember in the room was the book with the room service menu and ship info. What would you even do with that? There were a few postcards in the drawer you can have.

Third, don't steal.

6. clten

clten DIS Veteran

The towels are purposely plain white with no cruise line logo on it -- because too many people would take that as souvenier. There is one book in the room but please leave it there -- it has the room service menu and other information and we have been in rooms where it was missing and it was difficult to get another copy. So while some family had a book they stashed away and probably never looked at (it's mostly ads anyway), we and I'm sure several families after us in the same staterooms didn't have the information that was in there.

There are a couple of postcards in the desk. If you really need something free -- take them. But generally, this is Disney. They don't like giving anything away.

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Really? You think a bunch of DCL lovers will condone stealing?

In the desk there are usually 2 postcards. There used to be a couple sheets of letter writing paper. You can have these....and any soap or shampoo/conditioner that is left in your container. As noted, DVC members will get a magnet on their door. Anyone can stop by the DVC desk on pirate night for a free temporary tattoo. And at the end of the cruise they will slide a free sheet of paper under your door, but it has a bunch of printing on it!

As others have noted, you will be charged for anything that is missing from your stateroom. The decorative pillow on your bed can be purchased in the gift shop for $200!

8. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

Postcards in the desk (which I really like...love the look of them), and on Pirate Night you will each receive a bandana. The bandanas are red, say "Pirates In The Caribbean" and have Pirate Mickey on them.

9. luvdamouse91

luvdamouse91 DIS Veteran

You are also given a tube of nice shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. They come with the room. Sometimes, if you ask nicely, you can extras from the stateroom host.

10. chrissydeon

chrissydeon Earning My Ears

EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

11. mcroadman

mcroadman Mouseketeer

Well.. What about the tv?:happytv::rotfl2::rotfl2:
    .. It's smaller than mine!
    :rotfl2:

12. zacaronius

zacaronius Earning My Ears

Agreed with everyone else... Don't steal anything from the room, it will cost you! On our first cruise the stateroom host gave us an extra tube of lotion during the middle of the cruise after it was mentioned how much my DW liked it, and on our last night she put a complete set of shampoo, conditioner and lotion on the bed for us to take home. It is really nice stuff!

13. starch139

starch139 aka starch1

You are free to take as many memories as you like but you must pay for everything else! Do guests come to your house and take things? If they do you need to find new guests!

14. BoosGram

BoosGram Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

There's usually a pen in the drawer that you can take, too. Oh, and for anyone who loved the adorable butter knife in Animator's Pallette, they're for sale now!

15. Cond1108

Cond1108 Earning My Ears

Well I'm not a bad guy that steals all the time but I do like using every dollar I pay for on vacation, but do they check your luggage when you leave like how do they know??

16. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

You paid for your room, meals and some entertainment. Not towels or anything else. They know because they do inventory at the end of each cruise.

17. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

They know what was in your stateroom when you came in....and if it isn't there when you leave, they apply the charge to your KTTW card account.

Using every dollar isn't the same thing as stealing property from the ship.

18. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

They inventory the room before you are allowed in it (after the guests leave who were in in before you to see if they left everything there that belonged in the room). Then, they inventory it again after you leave to make sure you didn't take anything you shouldn't have taken. If you take it (steal), you will pay for it. They will place a charge on your account for anything that is missing. It's your call...but I'd go with "Thou shalt not steal."

19. MND

MND DIS Veteran

I like to "stock up" on tea bags from the drink stations. You can also take home extra soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and even the remainder of your toilet paper and tissue box. Others have mentioned DCL pens, stationary, post cards that come in your room.

Enjoy your cruise!

20. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

Do as much as you can on the ship and you will have so many memories they will be able to fill your suitcase instead of pilfering items that shouldn't be taken.

21. Disneyholic

Disneyholic Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow

Go to the FREE Cooking classes. They give you a portion of whatever they are cooking and a small amount of wine and a FREE copy of the recipe. We love these classes and have made many of the recipes after we get home.