Any Free souveniers on the dream?

I won't divulge nationality because I don't want that whole debate to start. But she was not from North or South America. And apparently in other cultures it's perfectly normal. Maybe that's why in other countries you have to check out items that are typically just left for your convenience in the Americas. Who knows????

I've been to Japan and they do leave many things in the hotel for you. Toothbrushes, tooth paste, hair brushes, hair accessories for women, razors in addition to the normal toiletries we are used to. If I opened a toothbrush they would replace it right away. There are also slippers you can take.
A stack of towels is not on the list of things it is ok take. I have a very hard time believing it is perfectly normal in any country to take a stack of towels home with you. I have a very easy time believing you saw a woman putting them in her suitcase and when she saw you she made up a story that it is ok where she is from to hid the fact that she was trying to steal them.

If you're on some of the special cruises.. they give you a lithograph... and sometimes a gift...

I've been to Japan and they do leave many things in the hotel for you. Toothbrushes, tooth paste, hair brushes, hair accessories for women, razors in addition to the normal toiletries we are used to. If I opened a toothbrush they would replace it right away. There are also slippers you can take.
A stack of towels is not on the list of things it is ok take. I have a very hard time believing it is perfectly normal in any country to take a stack of towels home with you. I have a very easy time believing you saw a woman putting them in her suitcase and when she saw you she made up a story that it is ok where she is from to hid the fact that she was trying to steal them.

Stand corrected, you are completely correct and I am completely wrong for thinking the best of intentions by a fellow cruiser rather than thinking them dishonest. I apologize.

You can have pillowcases signed. You pay for pillowcases, pens to use to sign, & some gift like candies for the cast members. That's my favorite souvenir of my DCL cruise.

As mentioned, go to the DVC presentation & you will get some nice DVC things. I'll bet they would give you the DVC pin, it's very nice! & free. Now if you buy into DVC, that's not free!:rotfl2:

For me, the Navigators are a free souvenier. I try to get a set of them that remailn unwrinkled. A couple of weeks ago we got to the sail away party as it was ending, one of the bar waiters offered us 2 for 1 on the DoD in the nice glass. So one glass ended up free. Since I am amost always in the same room, the luggage tags never change, but having one umblemished one was nice. I also put the key ring from the CC gift into my scrapbook. There are some fun free things to do on the ships, THe Art of Entertaining is often cooking demos and the recipes are handed out at the end for free. Towel folding comes with printed instructions. Scrapbook class usually has 2 papers per person as well and some cute supplies to use. I keep all my Port Adventure ticket stubs. THere are a lot of free things on the ships, you just have to look for them. Towels, books, no, not free and not something I would want. The laundry bag is nice and I may buy one on my next cruise.

One interesting thing, we had a note, preprinted, left on the bed on the second to last night of the cruise. it said Please be mindful of the items in your stateroom. Any items removed will be charged to your shipbard account. SO they are keeping track. Sad to say, I did keep the note!

For me, the Navigators are a free souvenier. I try to get a set of them that remailn unwrinkled. A couple of weeks ago we got to the sail away party as it was ending, one of the bar waiters offered us 2 for 1 on the DoD in the nice glass. So one glass ended up free. Since I am amost always in the same room, the luggage tags never change, but having one umblemished one was nice. I also put the key ring from the CC gift into my scrapbook. There are some fun free things to do on the ships, THe Art of Entertaining is often cooking demos and the recipes are handed out at the end for free. Towel folding comes with printed instructions. Scrapbook class usually has 2 papers per person as well and some cute supplies to use. I keep all my Port Adventure ticket stubs. THere are a lot of free things on the ships, you just have to look for them. Towels, books, no, not free and not something I would want. The laundry bag is nice and I may buy one on my next cruise.

One interesting thing, we had a note, preprinted, left on the bed on the second to last night of the cruise. it said Please be mindful of the items in your stateroom. Any items removed will be charged to your shipbard account. SO they are keeping track. Sad to say, I did keep the note!

I was just about to mention pretty much everything you mentioned. There are plenty of free stuff on the cruise if guests pay attention. I love the scrapbooking class. Last cruise had a tote bag decorating class but I never made it to that class.

I did take the laundry bag my first cruise expecting to pay for it but I was never charged. And no I never called guest services asking them to charge me when I realized their mistake months later. Yep I'm bad like that.

I did take the laundry bag my first cruise expecting to pay for it but I was never charged. And no I never called guest services asking them to charge me when I realized their mistake months later. Yep I'm bad like that.

I think they charged us for it.

There was no laundry bag in our stateroom, however we were charged for one a few weeks after our cruise.

And yes, I did call and have the charge removed.

I have lots of free Souveniers from a cruise.

1] Bandanas from Pirate Night
2] Fish extender gifts
3] Navigators
4] DVC portfolio from DVC presentation
5] a few napkins with the DCL logo on it
6] Luggage tags
7] Some of the Spa products they leave in the stateroom

And above all else, thousands of pictures I take of my family having the time of their lives. I too want to get my money's worth, but I don't plan on stealing to do it.

so far my best momento of our cruises have been the photo books I put together once we got back.. if you keep an eye out for coupons, you can do a really nice book at Shutterfly for a very reasonable price.

A little ot, but where do you get pictures to do the scrspbooking?

Not quite sure what you mean. I use pictures that I take, ot that the CMs take with my camera. I usually buy a few of the pro pictures and use them. I cut up navigators, the DVC meeting invites, the future cruise brochure (well usually not, the pictures in there are not what I need), there are also pictures and post cards for sale in the gift shops, and often a couple of postcards in your room desk. Any notes that come to the room, if they have nice envelopes, or if they are printed on nice card stock, I will use them. I also see pictures here or on FB and ALWAYS ask the owner if I can use them. Most people will share, that is another great wayof getting pictures of somehing you missed taking.

There are no pictures in the scrapbooking class, you usually are making a layout for yor own use later.

My kids got free Pluto pillowcases at the Pluto pj party. We also got free pins during one of our excursions on Castaway Cay. There are postcards and stationary in the desk drawer. H2o products are replaced daily and they are amazing. You get your artwork back at Animators with a special seal adhered to it.

At castaway I the postcards add 2$ and up to send a postcard so it may be easier to use the ones in your stateroom and have them ready - they cab stamp them for you at the PO three on the island.

Not a lot of freebies but lots of included activities and treats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter