• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any 10-16-04 cruisers yet?

Hi Everyone!

We loved our cruise, it has to be the best vacation ever! I am so happy that we have next year to look forward to because I would be soooo bummed out right now that it's over! We had great weather except for a little monsoon rain in Grand Cayman but that didn't last long. No one got seasick which was another good thing. We were in cabin 6545 in a cat 11. I must say that even with four of us in the cabin it wasn't bad at all. My husband, grandson, and nephew went swimming with the dolphins on Cozumel and with the stingrays on Grand Cayman. They loved it!
Our favorite was Castaway Cay...we could have stayed there for a few days! The ship is beautiful and everyone was so nice. Palo was wonderful....oh what I would give to have another chocolate souffle!

Julie....My 2 year old granddaughter happens to be named Makayla so I also love that name! I also think Alec and Andrew (my grandsons) are pretty nice too!
Denise

Good Morning!

Welcome back Denise! Glad you had good weather and a great time. Last year our Disney Cruise was the best vacation I have ever had too!!::yes::

How are you feeling Julie??

Barb:smooth:

Hi Barb! I'm feeling pretty good! I had to go in on saturday to do a 3 hour glucose test since the one hour came back abnormal. I was there in the hospital lab from 7am til 11am. It was a long morning. I had to fast from 5pm friday on. I was so glad when I was done. Garry and the kids took me out for brunch when I got home. I also had a dozen BEAUTIFUL long stem red roses and a sweetiest day card from Garry! I was so surprised!

I got word today from my obgyn that my 3 hour blood test came back A-OK! It was NORMAL!!! So I don't have gestational (sp) diabetes. I was very happy to hear that! I had it with Makenzie but not with the Big Guy. I was worried that if I had it with this one, that it might put a "damper" on the up coming dec. trip, but it won't!!!!!

Denine should be posting again real soon! SHe is home from disney and I can't wait to hear all about their trip!

Denise, glad to hear from you! Thanks for the names! We have added them to our name collection. If youcan think of any more, please let me know! I am so glad you had a great time on your trip too! Believe me, your next trip in Oct with all of us will be even better! Believe it or not!

Have a good day all!

So glad to hear you are ok Julie......how is the weather in Ohio? It has been so beautiful and hot here.....we are sitting records in the 80's but I hear it is all going to change this weekend. Our trees are turning but all they do is get yellow....I miss the beautiful reds and oranges in Ohio....I lived there for 36 years so I was spoiled when it comes to fall colors.

Good morning from Southern CAlifornia:

My name is Rose. I have a wonderful husband (hope he reads this because I want diamonds for Christmas...not the cubic zirconia stuff again) and two loud but adorable boys, Frank 7 and Mark 4 1/2. We will be traveling with you guys next year. We just got back from a 4-day Wonder cruise and rebooked for the 7-day Eastern.

I am looking forward to planning this cruise. MY oldest son and I are going to do the parasailing on CAstaway Cay...anyone ever do this? I also have a name of some guy that does Day Charters on St John. He is supposed to be very good. Is it too early to plan excursions or am I just very anal retentive?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for listening. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Julie, I see you are expecting in January...your 3rd child. You are a very courageous woman!!! IF I had given birth to a girl, I was going to name her Aimee. Instead I had two boys that refuse to dress-up as Belle for Halloween. And, believe me, I have tried! Oh well, I guess there is always grandchildren.

Welcome Welcome Welcome Rose!!

I laughed when I read your post. I am already looking forward to meeting you. Julie is such a terrific organizer she will have us set up to meet in no time!

Julie- I am sosososo glad everything is well with you and the baby. Don't forget I get to hold her/him on the cruise.

Welcome back Denine. Can't wait to hear about how the trip went!

Hi Rose,

Don't count on the grandkids....my daughter just had a baby boy one month ago today. His name is Andrew and he was a bit of a surprise. They also have an 11 year old son named Alec who was suppose to be an only child. Alec refuses to be a princess and Andrew doesn't have enough hair to be one. Now my son on the other hand has a beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter (Makayla) who looks just like a princess but she's going to be an elephant instead. See, you just can't win.

Julie.....glad your blood test was negative....keep up the good work!

Denise

I am back from our wonderful trip to WDW!

Welcome Rose and family!

Julie: Glad to hear the GTT went fine.

You guys did a fine job keeping this thread alive!

Denise:

Where in Jersey are you from or what is your exit? I used to live in Toms River, Exit 82A. We moved out to California when I was 14 but I still have some fond memories of Seaside Heights and Point Pleasant beaches. We would always rent a bungalow down there. My grandma lived in Linden and I still have relatives in Westfield..but don't hold that against me.

Denise, do you have the big Jersey hair? C'mon you can tell me. I always loved the big hair! Awwww, sweet east coast memories. ;)

Welcome aboard Rose!:boat: We are a fun crowd!

Sally, you have a pm from me about the christmas exchange. Let me know you got it.

Gotta go everyone. Will check back in tomorrow!

Yes, Julie I got your pm......

welcome to all the new gals.....this is a great bunch of gals....well they all aren't on this board yet.

I just got back from a l7 day Panama cruise.....I was the baby cruiser....this was my 4th cruise and one couple was on their 54, another their 6th this year. People would say this is their 30th, l5th, l8th, 20th.....

Between my son, husband and I we took over l200 pictures...now to sort them and get them in an album. I love to scrapbook and to teach. I have a workshop set up in my lst level. Do any of you new gals scrapbook? I am working on last two Disney cruises and park visits.

Hi from Minnesota,
Checkin in for this cruise. We just got off the 10/11/03 OctoberfestII Magic Cruise. What a great time. We re-booked for this one due to school scheduling issues and we wanted to the Eastern again. On this past cruise there were over 800 people that had been on Disney cruises before, what does that say about Disney cruises?

Anyway, there is my DH Jeff, dd Alisa - 11, and dd Lia - 20.
I do know of 2 other families from the 10/11/03 that have re-booked for this cruise also. So they will probably eventually show up here.

On this past OctoberfestII cruise, we had a list going and it was great. It really helped to keep track of families, children, etc. So if anyone is interested in starting one of these let me know and I can forward the draft to you.

I be checkin in and will try to keep this thread going also.

We are looking forward to be spoiled again next year, but I have to get through the winter here first. Good thing I still have that warm and fuzzy feeling from the Disney Magic Cruise.

Nancy aka Boardwalk4me

Welcome Welcome Welcome Nancy!!

Great to have you "On Board"! The list sounds great!! Do
you know of others from that cruise that will be joining us??

Welcome Nancy! Another DVC'r in our midst. Did you have OKWMeister on your cruise (Doug and Christy)? We sailed with them twice.

I kept a list last year for our cruise, but I would gladly hand the job off to someone else!

Welcome Nancy....

I actually saw the Magic the day you got in...we docked next to it on the Holland-America. We had been on a l7 day cruise through the Panama Canal....I took a picture of it for Barb as she loves that ship. I have sailed on it once and once on the Wonder.

I know they are about the same but I think my favorite is the Magic.....I heard they are having two more ships built...wonder what they will call them.

Denine,
Yes we sailed with Doug & Christy! They are great people! They live about 3 miles from our house. We got together before the cruise with other another Minnesota family in August so all could meet. I think we have all rebooked for this cruise again at least that was the last word on the ship. I think that some children were not told about this cruise so not to bug the parents for the next year. We also sailed with Matty204 and his family, from Minnesota. We all did the Palo's brunch together, great time.

We decided to sail on this cruise again because the rebooking discounted points were so good through DVC. We couldn't pass it up. For 2 adults we saved 52 points.

Nancy aka Boardwalk4me

Hello Everyone! Happy Friday!

takemeaway.....I am from exit 0. Good old Cape May. Great place if you can find parking! Sorry, no big hair here.....gives me a headache! But you should have seen me back in the 60's!! Come to think of it......everyone had big hair in the 60's.

boardwalk4me....we were on the 10/11 cruise also. It was our first and we had a WONDERFUL time!! Can't wait til next year. Infact we just got our cruise contract to sign in the mail from our travel agent today.

Have to go think about dinner. Okay, actually, I just have to decide where to get the pizza from. I hate cooking!

Talk to you all later, Denise.

I can tell, this is going to be a fun cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter