Any 10-16-04 cruisers yet?

Wow Denise, you live in Cape May? (gets down on her hands and knees and says), "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy". That is a beautiful place. You are very lucky.

I went to the online "cruise chat" party last night which basically says that I need to get a life. I didn't stay long. I just wanted to go because they can't kick you out. Most parties I go to, people won't let me in.

Kids go back to school tomorrow. They had two weeks off for a "modified school year". My son's 1st grade teacher basically doesn't know what she is doing. She taught kindergarten for 13 years and had to start teaching 1st grade this year or leave. WEll, my son has watched Barney videos, Care Bear Videos and a 90-minute Thumbelina video. I can feel the stress building already. I think I need a spa massage....help meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Have a great day!

Rose

Rose,

You can get up off your knees. I live 5 minutes from Cape May(North Cape May is my mailing address). I can't afford to live right in Cape May but you are right it is a beautiful place. A little crowded in the summer but oh those glorious fall days!!! It's the best time to come. That is if you aren't a beach person.

Have to go to the food store.....my husband and mother (who lives with us) gets cranky when there's no food in the house. I happen to be the only one who seems to be able to find the way to the Acme market. Funny though 'cause we live right across the street from it. Hmmmm.....I wonder if they're trying to pull a fast one on me? Nah, they wouldn't do that....they love me.

Denise:

I want to thank you for inviting me to your home this fall. I would love to come and stay with you. I will be emailing you my grocery list so you can go to Acme and have everything ready for me. I also want to bring the kids and hubby. So, I was thinking Denise. You, your mom and husband can watch the kiddies while DH and I go out and see the sights. You are really too kind. Thanks again.

I can't stand changing the clocks back. I have been up since 5am causing havoc and chaos. I think I need to move to Arizona. They don't mess with their clocks!

Rose,
Your welcome. I have to tell you though, if you go out to see the sights you're taking my mother and husband with you. I will watch the kids but you will be getting the short end of the stick. Trust me. My mother is 81 and hard of hearing. I SAID.. SHE IS HARD OF HEARING....Oh, sorry, so used to repeating everything.
Then there's my husband. God bless him, but man, is he annoying. When my daughter see's him driving down her street to come and visit her she locks the door and pulls the shades. Doesn't stop him though, he just uses his key...he knows they are in there. They can't trick him, no sir. I'm not allowed to let him answer the phone when ever the kids call. He always does his Elmer Fudd impression and they don't really think that's funny any more. But lucky, lucky, all of you! Come October 16, 2004 you are all going to meet him and spend some quality time together! As big as the Magic is......oh well, you'll see.

By the way, I still haven't went to the Acme.

By the way.....hello to everyone else on the board! And don't worry.....just because Joe (my husband) and Rose are going to be bonding on our cruise, he'll still get to spend some time with all of you!

I was just reading about some of the changes on the Magic after drydock. They sound interesting, but they will all be old hat by the time we get on board. I wish we could cruise sooner, plus this cruise.
Geez, I just got home from vacation and I am already looking longingly for the next ones.

Good morning from Smokey San Diego:

Kids have off today. No, it isn't a snow day, it is a California fire day. Air quality is awful.

Denise, first let me say that you are very funny. You are ALMOST as funny as me!

Second, I am half Italian, so yelling at your mother so she can hear me would be nothing out of the ordinary. We yell at the dinner table just to make sure someone passes the salt.

Finally, I have no problem bonding with Joe on the cruise. However, he is going to have to follow the same rules as the rest of the family. If you could start working with him now about the rules, perhaps by next October he will be able to follow directions in public. Also, if the rules are not followed, he will be tossed overboard. (I was just about to toss my oldest son overboard last cruise when the stateroom host came in and told me they will fine me if I throw anything overboard...even a child). I am not paying anymore for him than I have to.

Rules:

Rule 1: NO EXCESSIVE WHINING. I determine excess whining and when it becomes too much you will be tossed overboard.

Rule 2: NO SCRATCHING, SNIFFING, BURPING OR OTHER BODILY SOUNDS AT THE DINNER TABLE.

Rule 3: If you see Mickey Mouse do not scream at the younger children that he is just a man in a costume.

Rule 4: Everything is about ME, ME, ME....not you , you , you.

Those are just the starter rules. Work with Joe on those and then we I will add more.

;)

Hello Everyone!

Denine...the minute you come back from a vacation that vacation becomes null and void and no longer counts. So it is okay to look forward to your next vacation even though you are still on the plane coming home from the first one.

I can't really make any comments about the changes on the Magic since this was our first cruise. As a matter of fact I didn't know there was a coffee cafe on board until I read about it when I came home. I would have liked that. Oh well, next year I'll be checking that out.

Julie....how are you and that baby doing? I am over my daughter's house right now watching my new grandbaby, Andrew. He's sound asleep, swinging away.

Rose.....Joe doesn't follow rules very well. When our kids were little I would take them to WDW every year. My girlfriend and her daughter would go with us. Joe always stayed home. We did this year after year for about 15 years. Never did we lose any of the kids nor each other. And that is because we all followed the rules. One year Joe decided to go with us. We lost him in the first park. For 5 hours. I wanted to throw him off the monorail but those Disney people frown at that too.

Well, my daughter is back so I am going to go home and yell at Joe. He won't know what for but he's used to that.

Talk to you all later! Denise

Good Morning!

Just getting ready to start another fun day at work.

I am still trying to get use to the new names on this board.
It will be fun meeting new people. We will have to set up a
meeting time and place.

Started decorating for Christmas last night. It usually takes 2
weeks to get all the decorations up. Phew! I went to the florist and order a table arrangement. Now if I could just finish my shopping.

Barb:smooth:

You guys are too funny. I get interesting pictures in my head reading your posts. :teeth:

Barb: We won't be putting up the tree until we are back from our trip in December. Then I don't know how I am going to keep Kaleigh away from it. She is starting to think about taking a step by herself, so she will probably be walking by Christmas.

Hi Denine:

I was talking to Maureen, (we know her from a recent cruise) and she said she knows you from a cruise. She said, you, Jerry and "your beautiful" daughter Kaleigh are great people. She also said that I have to be nice to you so I will try my best.

How old is Kaleigh? I know some people put gates around their Christmas trees so the toddlers can't get to the ornaments. Funny, I remember I couldn't wait for my sons to walk and talk and now I am always saying, "Sit down and be quiet." How things change.

Barb, you are very efficient with those Christmas decorations. I could use you around here. And Barb, make sure you tell me where the "meeting place" is on the ship. People invite me to parties all the time but never give me their address. I can't imagine why that happens so frequently.

WEll, another fire day today. Kids are loving this no school stuff. I am ready for things to get back to normal. The air quality is so bad that the kids can't go out and play which means they are inside making their crazy mother crazier! :crazy:

Rose

Rose: I hope you aren't affected by the fires too much!

Yes, we do know Maureen. We just met up again at Mickey's Halloween party on the 16th. They were also gracious hosts to us in January and on Memorial Day where Kaleigh got to go swimming for the 1st time. I asume then, that you also met Beano and Kamy. We've cruise with Beano twice and Kamy once.

Kaleigh is 13 months and into everything. I just can't come up with a good way to gate the tree.

Get ready to Rumble!!!!

Yes we will be cruising together for a third time!!! Christy will be excited to hear that we are hooking up again for another cruise. Boardwalk4me and matty204 are also signed up

Can't wait to meet Kaleigh!

This is great news....

Doug, Christy, Cori and Connor

Hi Denine:

I did cruise with Kamy and Beano. I didn't really get to sit down and chat with them because my children were always around. Fortunately, I did get to chat with Maureen for a little while. She is such a sweetheart. She speaks very highly of you and your family. I tried to pay her big bucks to say the same nice things about me but she refuses. And, most importantly, I did see Tim without his shirt on doing the YMCA...just like hundreds of other cruisers. He said it was his 5th time. I think he should get one big medal for having the courage to do it 5 times.

Seems like a lot of the people on this cruise already know each other. It should be a fun time to get together with your old DIS friends and make some new ones.

HI everyone! Just checking in. Been busy with Halloween coming up and Makenzie and her school. SHe has her school Halloween party on Friday. It is cute. They all wear their costumes and sing and tell stories.

I had my doctor's appointment today. I'm doing fine, just a little tired, I had my 1 hour glucose test come back abnormal so I had to go for a 3 hour test. That one came back normal. Go figure! My doctor said that the first hour reading came back high, but the 2 and 3 hour came back normal. Heart beat is good and strong and now I see him every 3 weeks. He also told me that if the baby doesn't "make an apppearance" by Jan 7th, he will induce me so that the baby will be born then. He said that since I had 2 births that went smooth and problem free, he will let me go on the 7th. SOOOO, that was good news. Let's see when this baby wants to come into the world. Now if only I had names!!!! So far we only have a few girl names and 1 boys name. SOOOOOOO that leads me to believe that it is going to be a boy.

HI to all the new faces on the thread! Looking forward to meeting everyone! this sounds like a great crew!

Have a great day!

Julie, Jan 7th is a good date....that's my birthday!

I am going to have to get all the new names straight before the cruise....I just got the ones from our last cruise to where I know who is who....

There will be over 20 just in our family alone....sure is going to be a fun time for all......

Our weather is still holding out here in Colorado....it was in the 70's yesterday and when I went to bed it was still 68. They keep saying a change is coming.....it is very dry and now we have two big fires going up by Denver. We can't see anything but they can see the smoke in Denver.....

Today is movie day with my grandaughter...it is her day off and then Survivor tonight. Can't wait to see what they are going to do with all the members that was voted off.

Good Morning!

I was a slacker yesterday. I was busy with some reports I was creating. Ugh!

Made reservations for Candlelight this December. I didn't get the day I wanted because it was already booked but at least we did get in. PHEW!!

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. :hyper:

Barb:smooth:

Doug: Glad to see you checking in!

I have Tim sans shirt from the DVD Beano made after last years cruise! Yes, he should get a prize!

Sally: Since you already know your 20 people, then all you have to remember are the new names and you already know me and Julie.

It is nice to hear good things from Maureen! We got along quite well with her and her family.

Hi Doug:

My name is Rose and my family and myself cruised with Maureen and Frank this year. AS of now, Maureen and Frank are thinking about going on the RCCL next year. She wanted to go for her birthday in July but the price was twice as much as an October date. I told her to come on this cruise with all the "fun" people but I think she is leaning towards the other cruise line.

Looking forward to meeting you and I hope I didn't bud in. I had just pm'd Maureen last week and she told me of her plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter