Any 10-16-04 cruisers yet?

I always seem to miss the thread. I just look for my name as the thread starter. It seems easier that way.

Oh, to be on a warm cruise right now. We do leave 3 weeks from tomorrow for WDW! :Pinkbounc

Splash Mountain at 80! That is terrific!

Good morning everyone.

I know, I know. Stop crying. I know you must have missed me terribly. It is okay. I am here now. (loves a little drama)

Last day of soccer games today. I am soooo happy. Next is T-ball but that doesn't start until February. I have 3 months to recover from the weird parents screaming at their 5 year old to kick the ball. I wouldn't mind going to the games if my son knew which goal was his! At this stage in his life, does it really matter if your kid kicks the ball into the goal.....NOOOOOOO! Frustrating to watch parents get all riled up over something so trivial.

I am doing great. Thanks for asking. Looking forward to some pumpkin pie and juicy turkey.

Denise? Are you cooking this year? What time do you want us to come over to your house? 2 pm? What can I bring? I don't want to cook so make sure it is something I can buy at Acme!

Maureen, are you cooking this year or are you going to NY to visit with relatives? I think they should come down to see you where it is nice and warm.

It has been about 70 here. Gets cold out night though....60ish. (smiling mischieveously at everyone freezing their butts off).

Nordstrom's half yearly sale is going on. If you are size 4 or 6 you can get some great capris for next year. (Seems like those are the only sizes left online). Also, if you are a size 4 or 6, most women in America hate you!

Okay, I am done. Hope all is well. Will check in again. I hope you guys miss me. I love to feel wanted.

Rose, I am cooking Turkey this year (2nd year in a row). Frank' parents are here as well as some Aunt's and cousin's over on the west coast. Don't want to go to NY too cold!!!!!!! Brrrr!!!!!!
Not to mention all the clothing and coats I would need to purchase.

I went to Nordsrom's the other day. I didn't get one thing. Except my clinique bonus. I did better at JCP. They have been having awesome sales.

Our temps are still in the 80's. We are having georgeous weather.

Hey did anyone catch the lunar eclipse?

Thanksgiving: I work in the morning, then on to my parents for brunch with my brother and his family, then off to Jerry's parents for dinner, then home to collapse. I usually make something to take both places.

2 days after that we are on our way back to WDW!

Rose......dinner is at 4......bring your can opener, we have the Chef-Boy-R-Dee! Do you want beef ravioli or cheese? Oh, I am so excited.......company's coming! I told Joe we would get us some friends one of these day.

Tevagirl and Denine:

I am having the same problem with this thread? It never appears on the cruise line forum page?? The only way I retrieve it is through a bookmark. I wonder what's happening?

Maureen, We will be at the World for two weeks Dec through January 3rd...staying at OKW. Do you and the family have plans to be in the area during that time, if so we should hook up!

Doug

Oh thank goodness, Doug! I thought I was losing it....almost doubled up on the old medication. I don't know what's going on but I still can't find this thread without doing a search or book marking it. Anybody else know why?

I know why you can't find the thread , but I am not gonna tell you guys. Okay, I will tell you but you owe me big time.

There is now a "cruise meet" forum. Go to the regular Disney cruise line forum. At the very top of the threads there is a new forum called, "Cruise meets." You click on that and it will take you to all the cruise meeting threads. The cruise meeting threads are no longer on the main board. WE have been shuffled off to another forum.

You don't have to thank me now. Please wait until you meet me and then I would like my payment in drinks. Lots and Lots of drinkS!

Denise, I wanted Turkey Chef-boy-R-Dee. Actually, I think DH and I have other plans at 4pm on Thanksgiving Day. However, I will be sending the children. They would prefer CAptain Crunch without milk. They don't like anything wet on their food....no ketchup, no mayo, no milk!

Maureen, your in-laws are in Florida now? They are staying until Thanksgiving? They are staying with you? Wow, Maureen, you really are saint! If my mother-in-law was here NOw for Thanksgiving, I would either be drinking heavily or going to Walmart to buy a firearm....for me!

Rose: I agree with you about the in-law thing. I feel like drinking after only a couple of hours with them! :crazy:

Nothing much going on here.

As it stands right now Doug we will be around. No travel plans for us right now.

Rose, luckily for us my inlaws have their own place.

We are getting ready to book our cruise for next year. Just shopping around to see if there are any deals.

Takemeaway: Isn't that a hoot! Finding this thread was harder than finding the hidden mickey's at Artist Point!

Doug

My goodness, Rose, everything they have said about you is true...and you're smart, too! I will certainly buy you that drink when we are on the ship. I will not, however, feed your children on Thanksgiving. I have this feeling (and please correct me if I am wrong) that you might just "forget" exactly where you put the little darlings for the holidays. See, I have three children and even though they are grown now, I have not forgotten any of the survival tactics that you learn as a mother of small children. As a matter of fact, Joe and I have even tried the Thanksgiving one a few times over the years. It is amazing how fast the police can track a person down.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I have to go to bed now. We had a baby shower for my niece here over the weekend and I am pooped. Hard work opening up all those cans of Chef-Boy-R-Dee.
(And I bet you thought we only brought out the good stuff for the holidays!)

Hello All,
Just got back from the 11/08/2003 Western Cruise. Had so much fun we are doing the 10/16/2004 Eastern.

There are 6 of us. Myself (David), my DW (Alison) and our 4 children Mary(14), Tim(11), Matthew (6) and Andrew (5) (ages at cruise time).

There were about 150 of us Dis board folks on the 10/16 cruise. Had a meet the first night, a wine tasting, and a couple of other activities. We looked really sharp in our Lime Green group T-shirts.

I'm not one to plan this far out so I will be just lurking around till probably Feb or March next year. We just moved into a new house and got a ton of unpacking to do, hang pictures, etc. Then comes the holidays. With 4 kids its always a little crazy between Thanksgiving and New Year. Usually takes me most of January to recouperate.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

ttfn
david

First let me welcome David to the this wonderful group. I don't mind you "lurking around". Actually, I think there is someone that lurks outside our bedroom window at night but that is probably a whole other thread....heck that is probably a whole other board. My name is Rose and I am traveling with my DH and 2 DS's...unless I can sell any of them on ebay for a good price.

Denise, you already invited us to Thanksgiving dinner. You CANNOT take back an invitation . I promise to pick the kids up before Christmas and I will supply the Capt Crunch.

Denise, a while back you said your daughter was 31. I know for a fact that you are not a day over 40 which means you had to have your daughter at age 9. Isn't that illegal in most states? I can't wait to hear this story.

Raises her wine glass to Denine and says, "Here is to our in-laws"

Maureen, have you found out any information about your cruise? I saw that RCCL has a rock climbing wall and an ice skating rink. Does the ship that you want to sail on have those things? I would love that!!!!!

Parent/Teacher conference tomorrow. It is always the same old thing. Rose, your child is perfect, just like his mother....blah, blah, blah.

Have a great day everyone. AND Please, don't take anything I say seriously unless I am asking for money!!!

Hello, Denine.
Hello, Julie.....how are the baby names coming along?
Hello, Rose.....you're right...I am not a day over 40. I have not been a day over 40 for 11 years now. Next time you see the lurker.....yell out "Hey Joe" and see if he answers. I am very interested in where my husband goes at night and, after all, that is how I met him.

Well, the bill has come in with the deposit charges for the cruise next year. I have to pay that and my car insurance this week so I am already officially broke (and we haven't even gotten paid yet). I don't think I can afford Thanksgiving this year. I said, ROSE, I don't think I can afford Thanksgiving this year. I guess I'll have to cancel dinner. I was so looking forward to it this year, what with Rose and her family coming and all. I've heard her children are just darling. Oh well, there's always next year.

My youngest son is on his way over to borrow money because he's hungry and there's nothing in his house to eat and he has no money. I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone.

Gotta go.....Bye

Rose,
RCCL Mariner of the seas has the rock climbing wall and ice rink. We booked the other day and I am so excited. Booked 2 rooms. One for us and one for the kids. We invited some family members and so far My BIL and his DW booked.

Had the parent/teacher conference thing yesterday. Had to wait too long!!! She had several people booked at the same time.

David, welcome to our group!

I love to sign on just to see what Rose and Denise have to say. You guys are good for a laugh!

Just trying to get ready for the holidays and WDW. We must be completely loaded since we are having turkey and the works for Thankgiving. Of course, MIL is cooking, so that is the price I pay. A day with the in-laws :duck:

Maureen: You will have to tell how you enjoy your RCCL cruise.

Poor Rupert.....the tribe has spoken and he got the axe. He was getting a little scary, don't you think? A couple of french fries short of a Happy Meal if you ask me. He was kind of normal in the beginning. Must have been the sleep deprivation. Or Jon. I'd like to machete his coconut and I'm not even stuck on an island with him.

Have to go to bed....Good night.

Just thought I would check in. I know you guys missed me. It is hard for me to be humble when I am loved by soooo many. Me and Brittany...yep, we got it going on!

Denise, I was very sorry to hear about your money issues this Thanksgiving. I was heartbroken when I heard you were going to have to cancel dinner. WEll, Denise, I have a surprise for YOU!!!!!!!!! Are you ready?

I have decided to bring the groceries with me when I drop the children off for dinner. Yes, it is a Thanksgiving Miracle. Ohhhh, you don't have to thank me. No, No, NO....it is a pleasure to feed the hungry this time of year. Tell your son he can come too. I will bring enough Captain Crunch and milk so that everyone can enjoy! I am such a giver....give , give , give. I bet you didn't know that my middle name is Giver!

Maureen, I have been checking out that Mariner of the Seas ship on the RCCL website. It looks fantastic. You have to pick me up some information when you go (i.e. kids clubs, excursions). WE are definitely sailing with them next time. I think the Mariner is going to give Disney a run for its money. We noticed a lot of similarities between Disney and the Mariner.

I am making my list for Santa. You think diamonds instead of cubic zirconia is too much to ask for this year? I have been very good...considering!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Denise, I will see you at noon. Besides my family and health, I am thankful for oreo cookies and muzzles for children (those are okay to use, right?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter