ANOTHER Duggar is on the way..and it's......

Josh Duggar was raised to be a real man and he is doing what he's supposed to do: get married and have children. Many of Josh's peers remain boys until they are 35 and then wake up one day decide they want to try on manhood for size.

So you're only a "real man" if you get married and have children? :rotfl2:

No... they should have turned down taxpayer money and paid for their medical bills with their TV income.

They've had 160 episodes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19_Kids_and_Counting_episodes)

They make between 25,000 - 40,000 per episode... that's between 4 million to 6.4 million... before all the freebies they get.

There is no reason for someone making that much money to take public assistance.

People like this is one reason public health care costs are out of control.

Yes... she made a choice to get pregnant when told there would be health issues and she made a choice to have the tax payers pay for her choice.

I didn't have a choice to subsidize her taxpayer funded money maker.

Just pointing out that these are not poor people just scraping by who need government assistance.

She didn't make the laws. Michelle did not know that there would be medical problems when she got pregnant. The woman has a lot of kids. That doesn't mean she has a crystal ball. If she was basing her pregnancy on previous pregnancies, she had no problems so would not have expected any when she got pregnant with Josie. The law of averages was on her side.

If they have a medical problem and Medicaid steps in, that is what it is there for. They are getting the support legally. It is people who misuse the system that I have a problem with.

That is not why medicaid is there. Medicaid was created to covered low income people that could not afford health care... not cover millionaires medical bills.

I'm astounded that ALL medicaid is not means tested... no wonder the program is broke.

Nobody said they were not getting it legally.

But when that girl won the lottery and 'legally' still collected food stamps the outrage was international and the loophole was closed in that state.

Little outrage over the Duggers getting taxpayer medical care when they can afford to pay it themselves.

It is people who misuse the system that I have a problem with.

Like the Duggers?

I don't think that having 3 kids, each 18 months apart is too many, too fast. 18 months is about average spacing for most people with multiple kids that I know.

Frankly, how many kids they have and how far apart they are spaced is not any of my business as long as my tax dollars are not supporting them with welfare or whatever. If they are happy and the kids are well cared for, good for them.

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted my kids that close together, nor would have wanted that many (three would be too many for me, I wouldn't want DH and I to be outnumbered :rotfl2:). Since I didn't want that, I didn't do that. My life my choice, their life their choice.

Yes that is the case. In this instance the family should have stepped up and said we are grateful for the support our government provides us for the care of our micro preemie. Instead they still tout the line they take no aid. (Oh and we want more children)

The fact is their buy used save the difference jargon went out the window when the TLC money came rolling in. They enjoy the handouts, free trips and publicity that makes up their lifestyle.

One day the show will be canceled and the money will stop. They will have several uneducated adult children living at home living off the family dole until it runs out. They only have so many used car lots, towing businesses, and real estate properties they can pass on to their (male) children to make them look like productive members of society.

Bolding mine. They homeschool. Are you saying homeschool children are uneducated? I know plenty of homeschoolers that received a better education than their public school counterparts.

So, if a woman does not work is she not a productive member of society? It is okay to be a stay at home parent (male or female).

I flip to the Duggar's show every now and then. Recently, Michelle had mentioned that adoption might be a possibility to expand their family, if the Lord led them that way. So it appears they might have more kids.

One thing that fascinates me, is how their family bond shines through. If you take a few minutes to watch their show, that's the first thing you notice. The love and support they have as a family unit is unlike any I've seen.

But sure, they are quirky in their own way, but who isn't? And I don't necessarily agree with how many kids they have, but that's not for me to judge. They're making up for those of us who are childless, like me and DH! :thumbsup2

That is not why medicaid is there. Medicaid was created to covered low income people that could not afford health care... not cover millionaires medical bills.

I'm astounded that ALL medicaid is not means tested... no wonder the program is broke.

Nobody said they were not getting it legally.

But when that girl won the lottery and 'legally' still collected food stamps the outrage was international and the loophole was closed in that state.

Little outrage over the Duggers getting taxpayer medical care when they can afford to pay it themselves.

Like the Duggers?

The difference is the lottery winner committed fraud. The Duggers didn't. If you have a problem with the way Medicaid is funded, write to your reps/senators.

Bolding mine. They homeschool. Are you saying homeschool children are uneducated? I know plenty of homeschoolers that received a better education than their public school counterparts.
So, if a woman does not work is she not a productive member of society? It is okay to be a stay at home parent (male or female).

:thumbsup2

To all those people who say its not for them to judge the Duggar's, do you judge other people on reality shows( like Snookie, or those hoarders, or those 600 lb people, etc), do you ever judge anyone in RL, or is it just the Duggar's that get a pass?

To me, if you put your life on tv, you're putting yourself out there to be judged. That's what people usually do when watching a tv show, they judge it one way or another.

No, I know lots of educated homeschooled children, who have gone on to get wonderful college educations. I'm saying they are uneducated. I've seen the materials they use and what they teach. One of the older girls oversees the education of the little ones.

Currently they have six kids over the age of 18 living at home who no longer attend school, only one has a job. The girls are all waiting for daddy to pick them a husband. A stay at home mother manages a household and her children. As stay at home daughter does what?? raising their siblings for their parents?

My mom only had my brother & I. We are 11 yrs apart. Much too far apart.

nothing wrong with 18 months apart.

I hadn't heard the adoption part of their story yet. I think they have no business adopting a healty easy to place baby.

But if they are thinking of adopting a child who was hard to place and had few other alternatives, then the child would be lucky to be placed there.

I'll judge them. I'm feeling cranky today and they put themselves into the media spotlight deliberately. I think putting children in the position of raising other children is unfair. I think any expectation that it is a woman's role to be little more than a baby factory is very distasteful. Also, after seeing their zoo of children in other contexts, such as when they guest star on different shows (Say Yes to the Dress comes to mind, as well as some tv interviews), I don't think their kids are overly well behaved, either. I also think that the way the newly married ones are handling the media is a little scary. From proposal, to marriage, to pregnancy announcement, everything is for the cameras.

All that said, my dislike of them will have absolutely zero effect on anything. They would likely have some opinions about my child-free lifestyle, too... Sadly, no one seems to want to pay me a lot of money to be on tv and show off my life to everyone...

No, I know lots of educated homeschooled children, who have gone on to get wonderful college educations. I'm saying they are uneducated. I've seen the materials they use and what they teach. One of the older girls oversees the education of the little ones.

Currently they have six kids over the age of 18 living at home who no longer attend school, only one has a job. The girls are all waiting for daddy to pick them a husband. A stay at home mother manages a household and her children. As stay at home daughter does what?? raising their siblings for their parents?

But if that is what they choose; why does it matter? I have heard them speak and they certainly sound educated.

I hadn't heard the adoption part of their story yet. I think they have no business adopting a healty easy to place baby.

But if they are thinking of adopting a child who was hard to place and had few other alternatives, then the child would be lucky to be placed there.

Who has a "business" adopting a healthy easy to place baby then? Only hard to place and children having "few other alternatives" would be lucky to be placed there???

There are families out there who believe their purpose is not necessarily to attain the highest level of education and make the most money possible but rather to serve God. The Duggars are one of them.

It could all be a show for the camera but when they speak they are all respectful and speak eloquently. Of those other reality shows the PP mentioned, I just cringe. They are the ones that sound educated. They seem to constantly yell at each other.

Who has a "business" adopting a healthy easy to place baby then? Only hard to place and children having "few other alternatives" would be lucky to be placed there???

There are families out there who believe their purpose is not necessarily to attain the highest level of education and make the most money possible but rather to serve God. The Duggars are one of them.

It could all be a show for the camera but when they speak they are all respectful and speak eloquently. Of those other reality shows the PP mentioned, I just cringe. They are the ones that sound educated. They seem to constantly yell at each other.

Parents without 19 other kids? Parents would could provide mre one on one attention to a baby?

Would God not be served by them providing a home to a hard to place baby?

I'll judge them. I'm feeling cranky today and they put themselves into the media spotlight deliberately. I think putting children in the position of raising other children is unfair. I think any expectation that it is a woman's role to be little more than a baby factory is very distasteful. Also, after seeing their zoo of children in other contexts, such as when they guest star on different shows (Say Yes to the Dress comes to mind, as well as some tv interviews), I don't think their kids are overly well behaved, either. I also think that the way the newly married ones are handling the media is a little scary. From proposal, to marriage, to pregnancy announcement, everything is for the cameras.

All that said, my dislike of them will have absolutely zero effect on anything. They would likely have some opinions about my child-free lifestyle, too... Sadly, no one seems to want to pay me a lot of money to be on tv and show off my life to everyone...

Far be it for me to defend the Duggars, but you make it sound like they are the only family who does this.

My DD knows two "kids;" one is 18 and the other is 19. Both have graduated high school. They do nothing. Absolutely nothing. They don't work, volunteer, have a job, go to school, and they don't have a load of younger siblings to take care of. One is an only child. The mom of that teen just posted on FB the other day, "I am so proud of ______. She is the future of America." I almost fell over. That is not what I want our future to look like!

Is that what I want for my kids or what you want for yours? No! But because they have some adult kids who live at home and aren't working or going to school is hardly an anomaly today.

As a homeschool mom, please share with me the materials you have seen them use to teach their children. I'd love to know how it differs from what we chose. Thx.

You can think whatever you want or need to think, but I do wonder why you think there kids are bad behaved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter