Annual pass changes coming........

Sounds the same (they could also see my son's Platinum AP) - it is slightly comforting to know others are having the same problem and it's not just us. They also assured me as long as I could see the pics that were taken (which I can) that they'd be there for 365 days and it should be solved soon. Post if you hear anything (or call or get that email) and I'll do the same! (Feel free to PM me if that's easier!). I did start a separate thread about this on Monday but didn't sound like many other people had the same problem - guess we're just special! ;)

Sounds good. What's the link to the thread you started? I'm following a thread. Not sure it's the same one.

I would like to see someone post that they are actually able to renew for the price on their postcard. If I make it to WDW by 10/26/15, I'm going to give it a try!

Does your postcard actually list an exact renewal price? Mine only said I can save 15% so I'm not sure what means. I would like to renew when I go tonight so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.

We never recieve anything, no Mickey Monitor, postcards....nada!!

At least I'm not alone.
It's these inconsistencies that drive me crazy.
So basically, if you've received a postcard with the old renewal rate, they'll honour it. But if you don't receive anything, you're SOL. Nice.

Years ago, there was an option to go green and get your Mickey Monitor and corespondance online. Not sure if that option is still there, but if it is, check if that box is checked.

A postcard that doesn't list an exact price will get you a renewal at the current prices. Only the ones with a listed dollar amount are being honored for old prices, and my understanding is that Florida law basically forces them to do that within a certain amount of time.

Years ago, there was an option to go green and get your Mickey Monitor and corespondance online. Not sure if that option is still there, but if it is, check if that box is checked.
Thanks for the heads up. I did double check my account. It looks as though I should receive special pass holder offers when/if they are available, but I never have. I've never received anything by mail either. It's never been a concern or issue before because I get all my info. from the dis anyways.

But now that this price increase was sprung on everyone overnight, I wish I had that postcard.

Does your postcard actually list an exact renewal price? Mine only said I can save 15% so I'm not sure what means. I would like to renew when I go tonight so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.
Yes, $478.19.

A postcard that doesn't list an exact price will get you a renewal at the current prices. Only the ones with a listed dollar amount are being honored for old prices, and my understanding is that Florida law basically forces them to do that within a certain amount of time.
Good, I just hope I make it there by 10/26/15 to renew for $478.19(price on postcard) with no blackout dates!

Sounds good. What's the link to the thread you started? I'm following a thread. Not sure it's the same one.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/anyone-have-a-new-platinum-ap-able-to-download-pics.3453100/

What's the one you're watching? I'll follow it too and maybe someone, somewhere will figure this out! Incidentally, if I do log into his MDE on the phone app I can view only the pics from the 4th (activation date) and can save or email those to my phone. But not on my computer or through the browser.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/anyone-have-a-new-platinum-ap-able-to-download-pics.3453100/

What's the one you're watching? I'll follow it too and maybe someone, somewhere will figure this out! Incidentally, if I do log into his MDE on the phone app I can view only the pics from the 4th (activation date) and can save or email those to my phone. But not on my computer or through the browser.

That's interesting. On my phone or laptop it wants to charge me $14.95/picture download. I'm seeing mnsshp and Monday's pictures.

This is the thread I'm following http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-ap-photopass-downloads.3453351/

I have searched everywhere to check or uncheck a box so I can get some sort of annual passholder communications, but I can never find anything. I have no problem using my AP in the parks, or getting room discounts online through MDE, but I never receive any other correspondence, whether it be email or snail mail. It's just frustrating when you know other people are getting it and your not:(

I have searched everywhere to check or uncheck a box so I can get some sort of annual passholder communications, but I can never find anything. I have no problem using my AP in the parks, or getting room discounts online through MDE, but I never receive any other correspondence, whether it be email or snail mail. It's just frustrating when you know other people are getting it and your not:(

The only thing I see now, is under Communication Preferences. I have my email address listed and a box checked to receive updates, special offers and other info. That's different than what I remember from years ago there was an option to receive the Mickey Monitor by mail or online.

Back in June we got snail mail about renewing our passes. My son did not get them for his renewal when his pass was up in August.

1. Log into MDE
2. Go to My Profile (under My Account)
3. Scroll down and click Communication Preferences
4. Say yes to Marketing Permissions

1. Log into MDE
2. Go to My Profile (under My Account)
3. Scroll down and click Communication Preferences
4. Say yes to Marketing Permissions
Yep, did that 2 years ago when we became APs.......I have never gotten anything, other than AP magic bands, in the mail. And most definitely never an email.

It looks like, for my family at least, we're not really seeing any price increase as FL residents. Last year we purchased 1 regular annual and 2 seasonal passes. The regular annual was purchased solely for the parking benefit - we never go during the block out dates. I checked my receipt from last year, and I paid $1,008 before tax. If I renew all 3 at the Silver level, my cost is going to be $990 before tax.

I realize we are technically losing benefits on the 1 annual we had since it didn't have block out dates before, but for us and how we use the passes, we're actually saving money... and now my husband can take the kids without me and still get the free parking if he wants. Win-win.

I have a postcard with the renewal rate for the DVC Premium Annual Pass renewal with a good thru date of 10/28/2015 and DVC ticketing and the main ticket number are refusing to honor the rate. :furious:. I can afford to pay the difference in price, but it's the matter of principal. :headache:

I have a postcard with the renewal rate for the DVC Premium Annual Pass renewal with a good thru date of 10/28/2015 and DVC ticketing and the main ticket number are refusing to honor the rate. :furious:. I can afford to pay the difference in price, but it's the matter of principal. :headache:
That's not right. I'd be mad too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter