Annual pass changes coming........

Thank you, great news!!
I just upgraded mine on Thursday. I can see and download all pics that are linked with our account (even those taken in August).

Interesting story, though. I went to the ticket center to do my upgrade, which really through everyone there for a loop (had to call in two other people). They kept quoting me a price of $209 to upgrade from the regular AP to the regular platinum, insead of the $106 that everyone else here was quoting.. After checking several times and not budging, I said that was OK. I wasn't paying that much for the pictures. As I'm walking away, they called me back and said they would do it. I was very appreciative, and handed them my Visa rewards card. We were in a hurry to catch our FP time, so I didn't pay much attention as I just wanted them to hurry at this point. Come to find out that they gave me the upgrade for free! Nothing was taken off of my rewards card:) So, I'm really going to enjoy my photopass pics this year!!!

After speaking with guest relations via phone, I renewed my passes in person. Handed them the postcard and they gave me the new passes at the old rates. Overall, saved me over $200 and I may enjoy the Photopass benefit. Anyway, just another confirmation that if you can go in person and have your postcard in hand, they are honoring the guaranteed price (how could they not, really?). The fact that I couldn't do it online was obnoxious though since I don't live super close. I did ask the CM for parking reimbursement (which he gave me) and fast passes (since I could not book those in advance due to my passes expiring) and he did give me 3 fp to use on anything in MK so that was helpful. Also, my passes started new on that date and did not backdate to my previous renewal date (which was about 3 weeks prior) so that was good too. Overall, I was satisfied with how everything worked out but I may not renew next year or may downgrade my platinum to a gold or silver depending on how much I like the photopass benefit.

Here's the remaining prices missing from my previous post with the FLA only tickets. Parking is an added benefit of all these tickets.

Seasonal Pass -> Silver Pass (Fla resident ONLY) -> $389 (Increase of $60/18.2%) Same blackouts
Seasonal Pass renewal -> Silver Pass renewal (Fla resident ONLY) -> $330 (Increase of $51/18.3%) Same blackouts
Weekday Select (no name change) (Fla resident Only) -> $259 (Increase of $34/15.1%) Same blackouts
Weekday Select renewal (no name change) (Fla resident Only) -> $220 (Increase of $31/16.4%) Same blackouts
Epcot After 4 (no name change) (Fla resident only) -> $249 (Increase of $50/25.1%)
Epcot After 4 renewal (no name change) (Fla resident only) -> $211 (Increase of $42/25.1%)

Bottom line: hardly anything is available for non-Florida residents and non-DVC members, which is most of us. The sole AP for us is pretty damn pricey. Very disappointing. I was considering buying an AP in order to make two trips in successive years without bleeding to death financially. That's the thanks we get for our loyalty over the years, through one price hike after another...

maybe I'm just bad at the math, but Can you explain this?
I thought the break even was $750 to make worth it..
The break even point is $750, but they meant the total discount, taking into account what you spent on the card. So:

$750 spent on food. 20% discount on the food means you saved $150 on food. (750 x .2 = 150)
$150 spent on TiW card. $150 saved, $150 spent on the card, 0% discount at this point.

$1500 spent on food. 20% discount on food saves $300. (1500 x .2 = 300)
$150 spent on the TiW card means subtracting the card price from the savings (300 - 150 = 150) you've saved $150 on food. $150 is 10% of $1500.

If you spent $3000 on food, it is $600 saved on food - $150 spent on card, $450 net savings. $450 is 15% of $3000, so you are up to a 15% discount on food.

I hope that helps! So it's not that you aren't saving money after $750, but that overall it's less than 20% because of the price of the card.

I read whole thread -- thanks all for the intel!!

I have a Premium Annual Pass (expires in February, nonDVC, nonFLA). I am headed to WDW next week. I would usually pre-buy MM for discount. Weighing option of PAP upgrade to Platinum Plus to get photos without needing MM. Two Questions:
(1) How much will that upgrade cost (so I can be confident at GR they are right)?
(2) Will I lose Quest (which is not a big deal, but would have liked to say goodbye)?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter