Annual pass changes coming........

I have a postcard with the renewal rate for the DVC Premium Annual Pass renewal with a good thru date of 10/28/2015 and DVC ticketing and the main ticket number are refusing to honor the rate. :furious:. I can afford to pay the difference in price, but it's the matter of principal. :headache:
I'd be frustrated too-I did read earlier in this thread they were only honoring them in person with the actual postcard (not a picture on a phone) which they then keep. That's fine for people traveling before the expiration date but really stinks for those that aren't and were planning to renew by phone :(

I have a postcard with the renewal rate for the DVC Premium Annual Pass renewal with a good thru date of 10/28/2015 and DVC ticketing and the main ticket number are refusing to honor the rate. :furious:. I can afford to pay the difference in price, but it's the matter of principal. :headache:
They will honor it in person at Guest Services :thumbsup2

I only got the letter that says "save up to 15%". But fortunately I already made my purchase through MS before the price increase took affect.

I think you are not getting to the right person.

Okay let me get this straight
1.) I have an annual pass wedding voucher. When I redeem it will I be on the new system WITH photopass?
2.) I have heard reports about current AP being able to download photos. Is this the case? Do we anticipate it changing?

1.) I have an annual pass wedding voucher. When I redeem it will I be on the new system WITH photopass?
2.) I have heard reports about current AP being able to download photos. Is this the case? Do we anticipate it changing?

#1 is what has consistently been reported by people who have actually done this -- you should be issued Platinum AP without blackout dates and with PP DD.

I'm Not sure about #2.

Which means if you spend $1500.00 on food with TIW the true discount is only 10%. I can't make that work. And some places don't take TIW. Wow.

maybe I'm just bad at the math, but Can you explain this?
I thought the break even was $750 to make worth it..

Does anyone know the pricing of the new platinum and platinum plus APs for military? I'm seeing a few different numbers around online.

Was just there. I could PAY to "upgrade" my PAP to the new Platinum Plus and therefore have ability to download photos. The cost to upgrade was too much with my pass expiring in Feb so I said no.

Have we had any reports of people upgrading and being able to download pictures scanned onto bands of other people linked to them?

Have we had any reports of people upgrading and being able to download pictures scanned onto bands of other people linked to them?

I hope someone reports back if this is possible, my husband will be the only one with the new AP on our next trip.

I hope someone reports back if this is possible, my husband will be the only one with the new AP on our next trip.
Yes, I am able to. Only my son has the platinum pass but as long as I click the See All button (on the app) or make sure any other family and friends have their settings so he can see their pics on the computer, I can save and download any within his account.

Yes, I am able to. Only my son has the platinum pass but as long as I click the See All button (on the app) or make sure any other family and friends have their settings so he can see their pics on the computer, I can save and download any within his account.
Awesome! I just want to upgrade one of our passes but I know the photographers always seem to end up scanning the kids' bands because the kids think it is fun.

For anyone that has an annual pass renewal that overlapped the new prices increases, I was able to renew my annual pass to a new platinum pass today for the price on my renewal postcards and letters ($478.19). I spoke to a woman over the phone, had to send her a picture of my postcard, and then she gave me a reference code to take to guest services. She would not honor it over the phone. So, you can renew at the old rate if you are lucky enough to be able to do it in person. She said you are out of luck if you are not local or able to get here in person.

Thank you, great news!!

For those that want to know.. My family has the Weekday Passes since we live just 45 mins away. We usually go two to three times a month. Anyway we renewed our passes on Oct 3rd, the day before the Oct 4th announcement, since our passes expires Oct 15th. We did this at Downtown Disney, ehh Disney Springs. When the CM handed us our cards it had the Black Strip on it (meaning No Parking included). After the 4th announcement we were wondering if our passes would now include the parking. So we drive to Springs yesterday which would now be in the new pass year and asked the CM. They took the old Black Strip cards and after a few minutes handed us the new designed cards; no Black or Orange Strips at all. No additional costs..

Anyone redeem a new DVC AP pass purchased prior to Oct 2015? Was it upgrade to Platinum?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter