• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Announcement at 10:45 EST for 2014

WOW!! That's really late! We are moving to The Hague this summer, but the kids will be at the American School, so will get out June 19. We are hoping to be able to miss the last couple of days to catch the June 14th sailing from Barcelona.

Do you get longer breaks during the rest of the year to make up for the shorter summer?
Kids in elementary school over here generally get 12 weeks during a year.
(1 wk october, 2wks Christmas/NY, 1 wk feb, 2 wks may, 6 wks summer)

We went without kids (ours were in their twenties) and DH tells everyone it was his favorite trip. There weren't very many kids on the cruise with us at all. The characters were looking for someone to come take a picture with them.

That's funny!

Was REALLY hoping 2014 would have some solid offerings other than Alaska for West Coast cruisers. :(

- Dreams

NWmom said:
That's the date I am thinking of- Just because our weather here is cold and damp by then.

San Juan was fantastic in December. Would seriously love to move there during the winter.

Thank Scott for al his hard work on the blog.
Skye

Scott and Kevin could finally do that photo walk :)

(Yes. Hard work indeed - thank you. He spend every waking moment at the computer yesterday; he even ate dinner in his office! He'll be back there today fixing a few coding errors....Glad you like it!)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ACDSNY said:
For those wanting the Southern Caribbean, how many days do you think we should plan on before the cruise?

On DCL's sight it says we don't start the cruise until 7:00pm! If that's true, the day before is probably plenty of time. If you want to spend more time enjoying the city, up to you!

We'll be stopping there on our March Fantasy cruise!!! I can't wait to get a little taste!!!

For those wanting the Southern Caribbean, how many days do you think we should plan on before the cruise?

It really depends on what you like to do. If all you want is a tour of San Juan then the day before is fine. If you'd like to see more of PR then I'd give it 3 days.

fitnessmouse said:
No, there's one on July 26th from Barcelona that goes to Greece and Turkey.
I hadn't noticed this one before!

Really?? Oh I'm gonna be all over that thanks!

:goodvibes

Really?? Oh I'm gonna be all over that thanks!

:goodvibes

First - Hi Luke!! :wave2:

OK, folks - what am I doing wrong? I can't see any of the itineraries on the DCL website. Is it because I'm a day too early? I put in Europe and I choose Barcelona then it says pick a date...then whenever I try to select a month / year it cancels out and clears the other two and they're empty again. :headache: I can't even see any of the itineraries or dates. I want to see the one out of Venice too.:crazy2:

I saw somebody yesterday posted the "starting at" prices for a 12 night Med at $2,388 for an inside room. I just wanted to see what the date(s) were for that cruise and the exact itinerary!! OH, and can somebody tell me how much the current deposit % is for these cruises? I forget how much they run....we have a re-booking that I could possibly move but don't want to get into TOOOO MUCH of a deposit. I would love to snag a SPH room again....

I think what we REALLLLY want is one of these itineraries for 2015...

Scott and Kevin could finally do that photo walk :)

(Yes. Hard work indeed - thank you. He spend every waking moment at the computer yesterday; he even ate dinner in his office! He'll be back there today fixing a few coding errors....Glad you like it!)

He does a great job on his website. The way he organizes info makes it so easy to read/understand. Kudos to him!

Jodie

OK, folks - what am I doing wrong? I can't see any of the itineraries on the DCL website. Is it because I'm a day too early? I put in Europe and I choose Barcelona then it says pick a date...then whenever I try to select a month / year it cancels out and clears the other two and they're empty again. :headache: I can't even see any of the itineraries or dates. I want to see the one out of Venice too.:crazy2:

I saw somebody yesterday posted the "starting at" prices for a 12 night Med at $2,388 for an inside room. I just wanted to see what the date(s) were for that cruise and the exact itinerary!! OH, and can somebody tell me how much the current deposit % is for these cruises? I forget how much they run....we have a re-booking that I could possibly move but don't want to get into TOOOO MUCH of a deposit. I would love to snag a SPH room again....

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/

1. Click on Cruises & Destinations at the top of the screen
2. Click on Europe (or any other destination you want to view)
3. Click on Cruises that Visit Europe

Doing so won't give you prices, but you'll get dates and itineraries.

Funny - us too. It kills me to see those Venice itineraries in 2014 cause we can't go till 2015. Hopefully, they will repeat them.

So, to see specifics, you need to click on the "cruises and destinations" tab. Then pick "Europe" then "Cruises that visit Europe." Then you will be able to click on the specific itinerary you're interested in to see details. Not pricing though yet. There should be a "sticky" up soon where Gold/Platinum folks report in today on pricing. Hope that helps.

If you don't move an OBB, then the deposit is 20%.

Also, I've noticed that the SPR rooms sometimes run MORE than a cat 9 outside room on deck 2 with no obstruction. Make sure you check both.

Jodie

On DCL's sight it says we don't start the cruise until 7:00pm! If that's true, the day before is probably plenty of time. If you want to spend more time enjoying the city, up to you!

We'll be stopping there on our March Fantasy cruise!!! I can't wait to get a little taste!!!

Let us know what you liked in San Juan.

It really depends on what you like to do. If all you want is a tour of San Juan then the day before is fine. If you'd like to see more of PR then I'd give it 3 days.

Thanks I figured we might as well see some of San Juan before we board the ship.

The CM pull up the wrong (ship) cruise the first time, but we finally got the cabin we wanted for Oct. 11th.

Ugh!!! What to do??? Alaska 9 nighter (or even 7 would be ok) or the Med 12 night to Greece? I am not sold when it come to leaving from one port and ending up in another (Barcelona and Venice) so likely I would look at the Barcelona round trip.

Can someone tell me how does it work (like airfare etc) when you don't start and stop in the same place?

You can do a multi-city fare (check travelocity). I just looked yesterday cause I was curious if multi city (Venice to Barcelona) would cost more than round trip Venice. I checked summer 2013 pricing. From Dulles, they are about the same - $1,400ish.:scared1:

Jodie

Let us know what you liked in San Juan.

Thanks I figured we might as well see some of San Juan before we board the ship.

When we stopped in San Juan two weeks ago (Fantasy Eastern) we really enjoyed just exploring the old city. We walked across the street from the docks and caught the free park service tram and rode it up to El Morro. Spectacular! From there we walked back down to the ship through the old city. Very colorful.

Since we were on the ship I've got no suggestions about places to stay that night so that would probably have an impact on how you go about seeing San Juan.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/

1. Click on Cruises & Destinations at the top of the screen
2. Click on Europe (or any other destination you want to view)
3. Click on Cruises that Visit Europe

Doing so won't give you prices, but you'll get dates and itineraries.

Thanks. That's a little messed up that that is the only way to see the itineraries & dates.

Funny - us too. It kills me to see those Venice itineraries in 2014 cause we can't go till 2015. Hopefully, they will repeat them.

So, to see specifics, you need to click on the "cruises and destinations" tab. Then pick "Europe" then "Cruises that visit Europe." Then you will be able to click on the specific itinerary you're interested in to see details. Not pricing though yet. There should be a "sticky" up soon where Gold/Platinum folks report in today on pricing. Hope that helps.

If you don't move an OBB, then the deposit is 20%.

Also, I've noticed that the SPR rooms sometimes run MORE than a cat 9 outside room on deck 2 with no obstruction. Make sure you check both.

Jodie

Yeah - I really want to do this in 2015 - DS graduates from HS that spring. We're going to visit DL in CA for 4 nights and then 7 nights at the new DVC resort on Oahu plus a few nights on Maui this summer so it would be a little hard for us to do another really big trip again in 2014...plus with this trip planned for 2 weeks we won't be going to WDW in 2013. I had figured we'd probably do 2 trips to FL in 2014 and then cruise again in 2015. We also still haven't sailed on the Dream or the Fantasy yet 'cuz we tend to cruise for the itineraries. Seems like the Europe cruises are a better value (per night) than the Fantasy cruises. And of course the airfare is less to stay in the Caribbean...but the itineraries are not as exciting as EUROPE!! I hate that they do the better itineraries like the So. Caribbean during the school year. Is there a cruise that repos between Venice and Barcelona? Which date is that & how many nights is it? What to do...what do do.:confused3

If we would move our OBB to one of these European cruises then how much is the deposit? Is it less than 20%? I just bought airfare to CA & Hawaii a couple weeks ago and my washer died last weekend so I'm not really in a position to go dumping a lot more money on a deposit right now. At the moment the dummy cruise date we have is just on a 4-night Dream to keep the deposit reasonable...

ACDSNY said:
The CM pull up the wrong (ship) cruise the first time, but we finally got the cabin we wanted for Oct. 11th.

Did you grab a secret verandah? I'm hoping for one for that date..... Come on TA!!!!

Silverfox97 said:
Did you grab a secret verandah? I'm hoping for one for that date..... Come on TA!!!!

I got booked in a 7A but not a secret verandah. Still no idea on price....

Silverfox97 said:

Yes 7620

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter