Announcement at 10:45 EST for 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bats, Feb 12, 2013.

1. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

Per my previous post, there is a Double Dip on 9/26 and 10/1

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

It looks like the rest of 2014 is eastern itineraries that go to San Juan, and alternate between St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

4. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

I am blind. I could not find that.

I did see that for the CC one it is listed as 8:30 to 4:45 both days. I guess they are kicking you off the island both days at 4:45.

5. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

That's my guess! But how cool to sit there at CC overnight still!

I'm wondering if they are working on something with going back to Miami at the end of 2014? I can't imagine a dry dock lasting 2 1/2 months. :confused3

6. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

Ugh!!! What to do??? Alaska 9 nighter (or even 7 would be ok) or the Med 12 night to Greece? I am not sold when it come to leaving from one port and ending up in another (Barcelona and Venice) so likely I would look at the Barcelona round trip.

Can someone tell me how does it work (like airfare etc) when you don't start and stop in the same place?

7. tufbuf

tufbuf Disney Addict!

You have to book using multi-city designating a different entry and exit airports. We do it all the time since we do ABDs where the tour ends in a different city from where you entered. The price is not much different from a round trip.

8. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

I'd say the price can be similar. It's not always. I'd try to run a few searches using 2013 dates, since that is what's currently available, and see what the prices are doing for this year. It should give you some idea what to expect. Obviously there are no guarantees.

9. sdmom3boys

sdmom3boys Earning My Ears

Any one have exact dates for the 4 and 5 night San Diego to Vancouver repositioning cruises? We live in San Diego and this would be so convenient.

Thanks!

10. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

I am trying to decide if we should do the cruise in the Med 2014 or ABD in Greece? :confused3 Considering you have done both, what are your thoughts? I am leaning towards the cruise just because we are guaranteed to be in the same room. ABD we would be split but I don't know if that is a good reason to base my decision on. :confused3 I keep going back and forth and I don't want to miss out on the cruise if that is the way to go. Both are expensive so this will be a "once in a lifetime...or at least a once every 10 years" type of trip. Dragging 4 kids across Europe is pricy! Might have to plan the next one after a few are away in college. :rotfl: Also the cruise seems longer than ABD which can only be a good thing, right?

11. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

WOW. I know this post wasn't for me, but I did it anyway. WOW. Is that what those crusies started at? :scared1:

12. cris0809

The Med options? The 12 night options started at about $2500pp in an inside room up to about about $5200pp in a standard balcony. Try http://www.cruisefish.net to see some history for a specific sailing.

13. cris0809

I believe one is May 19th 2014.

14. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

Awesome thanks.

15. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

I'm bummed.

16. mommy2tati

mommy2tati DIS Veteran

I'm bummed the southern Carib cruises are during the school year! :guilty::mad:

I can't take my daughter out of school. If it was just one or two days I would be ok with it but not an entire week. *sigh* I guess we'll do the western Carib on the Fantasy followed by 8-10 days in California.

17. sippican

sippican Mouseketeer

Thank you, that was exactly what I was hoping to hear. :santa:

18. lark

lark DIS Veteran

I don't love the practice of having the cruises that end in Venice with a night in port. This is mostly done for Disney's convenience to have the time in port, and the extra cost to be able to say it's a "9-night" or a "12-night" is a bit lame for what's basically a hotel room in a not-so-convenient part of town.

Overnights in the middle of a cruise make sense, but at the end of the cruise, it would be far cheaper just to get a hotel room and stay a couple of days at the end of the cruise.

19. kpaulson

kpaulson Mouseketeer

No Hawaii? :(

20. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

No Hawaii ::yes::

21. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

Submitted for Alaska 2014. :cool1:

Don't tell my wife if you see her on the Fantasy in a couple days.:thumbsup2

It's a surprise.pixiedust: