Angelrose's Journey

Mary I almost forgot to tell you I have an update for you!!! My dreams have taken a turn! The bad guy is now being nice to me in my dreams. She is working!!!!!

Well ladies I have to head to bed now. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. We are going on a road trip this weekend and I haven't done one of those in years. This will be Larry's first so it will be interesting to see what he thinks. We will be going to Atlanta tomorrow night. Saturday we head to Oak Ridge, TN. We will be staying with a friend in TN so that will be fun. We are going to cook together so I'm very excited about that! Sunday we are going to Asheville, NC before coming home. Monday I will be SO tired.

I hope you both have a wonderful weekend!

:hug:

It all depends on what the biopsy shows. If it is just basal cells, then just removing it will be all that's necessary. The spot has stopped oozing now. I keep some ointment on it and a bandaid. I got the two prescriptions and of course there was no generic for them. Cost $85! Just for two tubes of cream. DANG! I've put on the two coats today. So far I don't have any redness of anything. I'm just doing my chest first for a few days to see how it goes. Then I'll do my forehead. I'm going to Walmart and Kohls tomorrow to see if I can find a couple of button down blouses. All I have are tanks for the summer and if I start to look like raw meat, I don't want anyone else to have to look at it. The cream directions said to wash your hands thoroughly even if wearing gloves to apply it. EEEEK I did wear gloves. Not taking any chances on that.

I didn't get to make the appointment for the gyno yet. I will do it for sure next week. I don't want to take any chances on that either.

That cream must be STRONG!:scared1:
Does it make your skin sore?
Yes, please get it all checked out..ok?
Says me who is 2 years overdue on a Mammogram oh dear...do as I say? Not as I do?

OH YES MA'AM! I will make the appointment next week. I promise! But I would love to have you come up here to say HI. LOL

We may have to plan that for Larry's spring break next year. ;) But you better go to the gyno by then. My friends joke that I don't have kids but I'm the one who mothers everyone. :confused3 I'm also the "mother" at the office. If I didn't care I wouldn't do it. :hug:

Minnie56 - Am I going to have to get after you too? ;)

That cream must be STRONG!:scared1:
Does it make your skin sore?
Yes, please get it all checked out..ok?
Says me who is 2 years overdue on a Mammogram oh dear...do as I say? Not as I do?

:faint: WHAT? Tomorrow morning you need to call! Why haven't you done this? Do you have insurance? Are you just too stubborn? Go get those things squished! I had my first one this year and it was a horrible experience. I don't ever want to do it again, but I know I have to.

Please make your appointment tomorrow. Too many people in my family have had breast cancer and too many of them died because they didn't get checked like they should.

We may have to plan that for Larry's spring break next year. ;) But you better go to the gyno by then. My friends joke that I don't have kids but I'm the one who mothers everyone. :confused3 I'm also the "mother" at the office. If I didn't care I wouldn't do it. :hug:

Minnie56 - Am I going to have to get after you too? ;)

Yes..
But I am starting to think it's time..Dr is away for 2 weeks then the 'plan' is (after Disney in Sept) to get the requisition from the Dr and do it!!!

Ugh...

Yes..
But I am starting to think it's time..Dr is away for 2 weeks then the 'plan' is (after Disney in Sept) to get the requisition from the Dr and do it!!!

Ugh...

Okay. I just now realized you are in Canada.

Yes the cream is very strong. It's supposed to make all the pre cancerous spots show up. Even the ones you don't see. I have to use it for 10 days to two weeks. But the soreness and redness may stick around for another two weeks. That's what I have the steroid cream for to help counteract that. I will see how it works on me and then use the steroid cream to tone things down. I go back in three weeks.

chell, I am SOOOO happy that your dreams are starting to change. The Angels always know where to go to help.

:faint: WHAT? Tomorrow morning you need to call! Why haven't you done this? Do you have insurance? Are you just too stubborn? Go get those things squished! I had my first one this year and it was a horrible experience. I don't ever want to do it again, but I know I have to.

Please make your appointment tomorrow. Too many people in my family have had breast cancer and too many of them died because they didn't get checked like they should.

I am getting ready to do it by shutting them in the fridge door in anticipation!:scared1:

I live in Canada, so insurance isn't an issue..I don't know why I am overdue? I go with a friend who is a Dr (can you beleive that???) and she is terrible about going! So misery loves company and I keep letting it slip..

We went Sept 07 and I said to her about 3 weeks ago--we must go! She said "why"? Dear me...and now the GP is away for 2 weeks then I go to WDW ...but I will get the form as soon as she gets back and for sure at least book the appt. Promise. Now we wait on Angelrose booking her appt too!!!!

There really is no reason for neglecting us is there?

Yes the cream is very strong. It's supposed to make all the pre cancerous spots show up. Even the ones you don't see. I have to use it for 10 days to two weeks. But the soreness and redness may stick around for another two weeks. That's what I have the steroid cream for to help counteract that. I will see how it works on me and then use the steroid cream to tone things down. I go back in three weeks.

You just might glow in the dark!! Well at least this will show up all the nasty stuff and you can deal with them. Hang in there, sounds like it might get worse before it gets better.

I am off to bed ..nite nite..sleep well

chell I didn't answer your question about Walmart. I wanted to get the prescriptions in a hurry and didn't want to take the time to go to Walmart. I have a prescription plan and it's usually pretty good because I always get generics. This time I wasn't so lucky and had to get the name brand.

Have a great road trip chell. I know you will have fun.

minnie56 so far I am not glowing. LOL In fact I don't see any changes at all yet. I guess it takes a few days. This is only my second day.

Today I went to Walmart and got three blouses to wear when I start to glow. They were $15 each. A bit more than I was hoping to spend, but that was all I could find. I got an emerald green, a white, and a kind of red and black plaid. All very comfy.

I did look in the phone book and got the phone number of the gyno. This Sunday when I visit the kids, I will ask where he is. I know the address, but I have to know how to get there. Then I will make an appointment. I also have to make a dental appointment. ICCKKK I hate to go to the dentist as much as I hate to go to all the other drs. And sooner or later I will have to get my eyes checked. It's been about 4 years now. Maybe I will wait until January to get that done.

Hi Angelrose...

How was your day? Hope it was a good one..
I guess Chell is off on her road trip..hope she has a nice time!

Well you might have a nice glow soon then! I have a friend that is having laser in the Fall and using some sort of cream now to prepare her skin..it sloughs off the outer layers and resurfaces it. She seems pretty happy already with the change!!! Maybe the cream is enough and she'll not need the surgical procedure.

I am sure those blouses you bought will do just fine and keep you all covered!! Hope there's not too many spots they must deal with...you will be a whole new woman after it's all done!

What plans have you this weekend?
I might have missed what you have mentioned..

Take Care of you..
:hug:

It was a rainy morning but it cleared up this afternoon. I still have no reaction from the cream. I started it on my forehead today.

I'm going to do my grocery shopping tomorrow and then run over to the kids for a little visit. Just going to talk about our Disney trip plans and see the family video. That ought to be good for some laughs.

Today I kept having these thoughts that I let my DH die for no reason. Maybe he would have come back to me in time, no matter what the doctors said. Maybe I didn't give him enough time to recover. I know what the tests showed and I know he wouldn't want to have lived like he was. It's just I can't help but think that maybe.....

Just a bad day I guess.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry you're feeling like this & having these kinds of thoughts. I guess people will always second guess themselves, but you know in your heart that it wouldn't have been good. I'm sorry, I don't have words to help. My heart goes out to you.:grouphug:

Today I kept having these thoughts that I let my DH die for no reason. Maybe he would have come back to me in time, no matter what the doctors said. Maybe I didn't give him enough time to recover. I know what the tests showed and I know he wouldn't want to have lived like he was. It's just I can't help but think that maybe.....

Just a bad day I guess.

Oh, now you need to stop that kind of thought! There is never a perfect time to let go (I know, easy for me to say). You have to believe that the doctors were being frank & honest. I'm sorry you're struggling with this, along with just plain missin' him.

I pray that you have more good days than bad.

Thanks Philagoofy. I know in my heart that it was the right and only thing to do. It's just in my head that these thoughts come every once in a while. I guess it's because I miss him so much. I still can't even think about him without crying. Sometimes I can remember things and smile, but most times the memories are too painful.

Just feeling gloomy today.

Thank you minniecarousel. I do have good days when I know I did the right thing. He spelled it out in detail in his living will. He wouldn't have wanted to be anything other than 100%. It's just that he was so strong and healthy. It wasn't his time.

Oh I am sorry. This is just a bad night. I will be better tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter