Angelrose's Journey

I catch up on this thread every once in a while, and Zalansky said it so well.

Thanks for posting the pix - I'll check your thread soon, too.

Hang in there.

My friends, I must tell you about the strange dream I had last night.

I had put on the air conditioner around 1am because I was so hot. I wanted to stay downstairs so I could turn it off before the pipe iced up. I sat in my recliner and looked at the clock. It was 5 after 1. I dreamed I heard Ron say, "now don't let it get too cold up here". He always said that at night. I screamed and said, "Is it really you?" He smiled and said "yes it really is" and he touched my arm. I woke up and realized it was only a dream. I looked at the clock. It was 10 after 1. All that in 5 minutes. I wished I could have had a longer dream. But I did see that wonderful smile of his and he touched my arm. This is the first time he's come to me. He looked happy and at peace. I wish I could have talked to him more. But I have to be happy with this.

Oh, how wonderful! I am so glad Ron came to you. Isn't it lovely? The first time my son came to me he kissed my cheek - it was so real, I put my hand to my cheek. My daughter had a very similar experience.

I read, in several books, that our loved ones come to us the most during the first few months/year as that is when we need them most - then they are busy doing what God called them home to do, but still visit us as needed. I find that a lovely thought and much comfort.

Tomorrow will be ten years since my son became an angel - it feels like yesterday some times and forever at other times. We will celebrated his life by going to lunch at his favorite place, where we all went together just before he left us.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. :hug:

Oh Mary, my eyes are full of tears and my body is all tingly! I told you he was with you. I'm so glad you finally got to see him!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

:goodvibes

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It looks like y'all had a wonderful time. How tall are you? For some reason I pictured you as being taller than me, but it doesn't look like you are.

Again, I'm so happy for you!!!

Speaking of Galaxy "mothering" the kitten, he wouldn't leave her side after she got back from getting fixed the other day. He wouldn't go more than 2 feet from her side until all of the drugs wore off.

Yes, you read that correctly - our kitten is a she, not a he. :eek: OOPS! The adoption lady kept apologizing. She swore she was a he. I told her that I understand that sometimes it is difficult to tell when they are this young.

She is doing well.

Thank you, Chell. :hug:

Isn't that sweet how Galaxy has been mothering the new kitten after her proceedure. Animals are wonderful (most of the time ;) )

Beautiful pictures Angelrose.

I am glad Ron stopped by to visit you somehow. Those dreams are so real.
He is with you, now and always.

Thank you, Chell. :hug:

Isn't that sweet how Galaxy has been mothering the new kitten after her proceedure. Animals are wonderful (most of the time ;) )

You are welcome. :hug:

It is funny, especially since Galaxy is a he. They are so funny. Yesterday she was trying to get milk out of Galaxy's side. It was too funny. If she does it again I may have to try to get video of it. I know it will make Mary laugh.

ry%3D400

I have to say that you both are so adorable in this picture! And that smile of yours is amazing!!!

Oh, do try to catch them on video! It will give us all a smile!

I love the pic you quoted from Mary's post too...aren't they just the cutest couple!

Mary, I do so enjoy seeing your photos and reading your updates...you are one special lady. :hug:

Thank you all. I dreamed about him again last night, but I can't remember anything except that he was there. It eases my heart to know for sure that he is here with me.

chell, I am 5 foot nothing on a good day. But I am the perfect weight for 7 foot, 10. :lmao:

My cousin Butch called today. All the cousins are getting together on Monday for a family dinner. We only seem to get together when there is a tragedy. Monday will be just a good, fun time for everyone. We are all getting up there and who knows how many years we all have left. We've already lost one cousin. Right now there will be 14 or 15 of us. Just depending on if Joans' husband can get off work in time. The rest of us are all retired. I'm really looking forward to it.

Christine, sending huggies to you. :hug:

chell, I guess you will have to think up a new name for your new little girl. How about Luna Lovegood? LOL

I am so glad to hear he came to you again last night. He has been there all along but I think now you are finally ready to see him. I'm happy for you.

Getting together with your cousins is a great idea. When we went to see family a few weekends ago we all said we need to do it more often because we usually only get together after a something bad as well. I hope you all have a wonderful time together. Are you going out for dinner or is someone cooking?

We went out for dinner tonight and I was thinking that if we had a large enough home I would love to have a lot of people over and cook dinner for them. Too bad we don't live close enough to one another so we could have you over for dinner.

You are 5 foot nothing, eh? Well then I DO have you beat! Yay, I am taller than someone! ;) I am 5 foot AND 1/4 inch. ;) You better believe I always throw in that 1/4 inch. ;) And I'm right there with you on the weight too.

What made you think of the name Luna? Have I mentioned that name? Or did you just think of it? I was asking Larry about that name last night. :eek:

wow.....I am a giant next to you two......all 5'4" 1/4 of me!!! That 1/4 means my pants are either too short or too long.

I thought of Luna because you have a little girl. And I thought Lovegood would be perfect for a kitten. Kittens are always a little crazy. Plus women are connected to the moon. I don't think you mentioned that name though.

We're having the family dinner at an Italian restaurant (of course). We are all Italian. I'm the only cousin that is only half Italian and half Irish. Butch called this afternoon to tell me the time is now 6:45 on Monday. I can't wait. I could use the laughs.

Today was another hot and humid day. I'm REALLY tired of this.

wow.....I am a giant next to you two......all 5'4" 1/4 of me!!! That 1/4 means my pants are either too short or too long.

:p You wouldn't believe how many petite pants I've had to have hemmed up. Being short and fat is a pain sometimes to find pants that fit. Luckily more people carry petite Women's pants now.

I thought of Luna because you have a little girl. And I thought Lovegood would be perfect for a kitten. Kittens are always a little crazy. Plus women are connected to the moon. I don't think you mentioned that name though.

We're having the family dinner at an Italian restaurant (of course). We are all Italian. I'm the only cousin that is only half Italian and half Irish. Butch called this afternoon to tell me the time is now 6:45 on Monday. I can't wait. I could use the laughs.

Today was another hot and humid day. I'm REALLY tired of this.

It was so odd that you said Luna. **Twilight Zone music** Like I said just the night before I had thought of that and asked Larry and I think that was the same night you posted it. :eek: I told you I knew you would help me with the name!

Her and Galaxy are running back and forth chasing one another right now. She still hasn't figured out Auggie. I wish she would because Auggie is such a sweet dog.

A big Italian dinner sounds like so much fun. I bet you will have many, many laughs at dinner. Do you go to a local restaurant or some chain? I love Buca di Beppo. YUM!

Half Italian and half Irish? I bet your house was full of lots of great food growing up.

Hopefully it won't be so hot and humid for too much longer. Is Bill supposed to be bringing any rain to your area?

Today we went out to my father's house (he lives in the country) and someone was already selling pumpkins. :goodvibes The fall is my favorite time of the year and I love pumpkins for some reason. I love to put them out on our porch. I don't care if we don't decorate with anything else all fall but I must have pumpkins outside. We didn't stop to buy any but we should have. We are going to have to go back out there soon to get some.

We are going to a local restaurant called Italian Gourmet. They do have good food there.

My mom was a good cook. But we didn't have that many Italian dinners. We had mostly regular food like roasts and chops, once in a while steak, chicken. For Easter, New Years and Mothers Day my mom would make spaghetti and meatballs. OMG that was so good. She made the best meatballs and sauce in the world. We would have turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas and her stuffing was the best. She also made the worlds best French fries. LOL She made enough for the three of us. Then my cousin Joan stayed with us while her parents went to Florida. She loved my mom's French fries. So ever after, when we had fries, so would make enough for Joan too. Then Joan's friend came at dinner time and she had to make enough for her too. They were crispy and not greasy at all. My mouth is watering right now. I can remember begging my mom to make spaghetti and meatballs for my birthday. She would always say it was too much work, but somehow when dinner time came, we had spaghetti and meatballs. I loved the way the house smelled. Great memories.

I always have to get my pants hemmed too. I keep hoping I'll grow a couple of inches taller. But the only inches I grow are around my tummy. sighhhhhhhh

Those fries sound great. When I make something like that I never can judge just the right amount to make.

Speaking of spaghetti that is what we had tonight. Larry has 3 dishes that he loves - my spaghetti, the Duck at San Angel and the Crispy Mahi Mahi at Yak & Yeti. I make my spaghetti with Italian Sausage. I used to make it with fresh Polish Sausage but you can't find it around here anymore. :sad2: That is my FAVORITE way to make it. But he never got to try it like that. Yesterday at the Farmer's Market there was a guy who sells meat and we bought the Italian Sausage from him. It was so good and much better than any we have ever gotten at the grocery store. I keep saying that I'm going to make meatballs, but we love it this way too much.

You and I keep growing the same way. ;) Friday morning I had to go to the doctor :rolleyes: and thankfully I hadn't gained any weight this time. I think I lost 1/2 a pound since my last visit. That's better than gaining any. Ugh.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time tomorrow at dinner!!!

:hug:

Luna says hello!

I went to the dinner last night. I was looking forward to it. I was driving there and it hit me that I was going alone. I would be the only one there without a spouse. I started crying and had to pull over until I got control of myself. I got there and everyone hugged me and asked how I was doing. I smiled and said OK, but the truth is I don't know how I'm doing. My cousin Butch (AKA partner in crime) was there and had some old pictures. I was able to tell him the year that some were taken. It was good to see all those old photos again. We sat down and I sat next to Butch and across from Don his partner. They both had me laughing. Joan and her brother didn't make it to the dinner. My cousin Rosalie's husband John was the life of the party as usual. He has a laugh that can be heard for miles! I ordered the veal parm. OMG when it came out it was a whole cow. I mean it literally covered the plate. I also ordered mashed potatoes instead of the linguini. They came out on a separate plate. It was two huge scoops. John said it looked like a well endowed woman's bra. LOL I ate about 1/4 of it and had them pack up the rest. Everyone had the rest of their dinner packed up.... except John who devoured his whole plate. Then I ordered cheesecake for dessert. When it came out John said I was allowed to have dessert because I didn't finish my dinner. I threatened bodily harm if he tried to take it from me. I scarfed that down and would have licked the plate if I was home. John has a permanent bruise on his leg from where Rosalie kicks him. LOL I reminded them of Butch's mom's funeral. We went to eat at this awful place. We waited for hours to get served. They had decided that it must take at least two hours to make a turkey on rye. I finally went into the kitchen and asked if I could make it. After another huge wait I finally got my sandwich. Turkey on Rye toast.....with no mayo or anything on it. I asked for some mayo and they literally threw it down on the table. The potato chips were so stale you could bend them. Well it got to be just plain funny being that bad. Ron started making all these comments and everyone would laugh and Rosalie would kick John. He kept telling her that it was Ron and she would believe him. Blaming that nice quiet man. Another kick. Now that made it even funnier and I finally had to tell her that it really was Ron being bad and not John. We all laughed again at that. I was getting tired so I got up to go. Everyone hugged me again and Butch was kind enough to walk me to my car and carry my packages. We laughed all the way to the car and he hugged me again. I drove home exhausted. I will have enough veal for several more meals. I'm glad I went but I kept looking at the empty chair next to me. Ron should have been there with me. It's so hard to carry on without him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter