• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Andrea & Randy July 2010~My mad Hatter Tea Party Lots of pictures!

Which Mickey Voice Should I Use Link to voices on pg 4

• Dave Prat

• Michael Robles

• Michael Bettis

• Dean

• Sonny

• Craig

• Anders

Results are only viewable after voting.
So here is my budget so far for thirty people.

Budget Disney

Ceremony
Wedding pavilion 3,000
Flowers for Table 150

Transportation
Monorail 0

Reception
Food 30X60= 1,800
Sorbet 30X20= 600
Bar 30X30= 900
Cake 30X22= 660
Center pieces 250

Entertainment
Mickey & Minnie 1,200
Caricature 600
Barbershop quartet 1,500

Favors
Mickey Hats 22X30= 660

Photography
Magic Kingdom photo shot 1,000
Misty Moitto 2,000

Flowers
Wedding Party flowers 1,000
And parent flowers

Other
Welcome bags ?????
Tea Party ?????
Rehearsal Dinner ?????

SO I got an email from my wedding consultant the other day saying she had written down two dates for my wedding and wanted to know which one was the right one. Turns out both of the dates were wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOpefuly she has it write now. I am going to call her tomorrow to make sure everything is ok.

I am going dress shopping Saturday. Hopefully I will find some I like.

Don't forget to factor in all the taxes and gratuity because that can add up a lot. Little things like floral moving fees all add up too. I know its so easy to not caculate these into things and then you get hit with several thousand extra $ at the end.

I'm sure your coordinator will work out everything for you with the dates :goodvibes

Are you allowed to use the monorail as the transportation for your party?

The budget looks pretty good. We're getting tempted in getting characters as well.

I think it depends on where all of your guests are staying. For our plan B we were told that if everyone stayed at the boardwalk then they could all walk to the international gateway and be met by a group person there and that we could avoid all of the bus stuff. I think transportation just comes into play if you have multiple hotels that aren't on the monorail or an easy walk from the venue. But then again who knows.

Don't forget to factor in all the taxes and gratuity because that can add up a lot. Little things like floral moving fees all add up too. I know its so easy to not caculate these into things and then you get hit with several thousand extra $ at the end.

I'm sure your coordinator will work out everything for you with the dates :goodvibes

Yes that is a very good point. I just have no idea how much to calculate for the taxes and fees yet but I have warned my dad they are there. But I believe I am right in saying that the taxes and fees are not added in the 12,000 I have to spend so I was just trying to get to 12,000 and I will see later how much the taxes are fees are. From what I have read it is a bit ridiculous like 2,000.

Are you allowed to use the monorail as the transportation for your party?

The budget looks pretty good. We're getting tempted in getting characters as well.

I asked about the monorail she said that its fine to use. I am not doing anything in the parks so I am not required to get a bus. The monorail will get the people from the ceremony at GF to the reception in the contemporary. I am being cheap and having the guest get from their hotel to the wedding themselves. I think they would rather do this and have a Caricature then a bus pick them up. Disney has great free transportation there and my mom will have her van there so we could take a couple trips and bus people there ourselves. Since I am on a tight budget I belive this is something easy to cut.

Personally I think the monorail is far more fun than a bus or a boat.

If we do the castle wedding then I can't meet the carriage/coach until I am in the MK - so I think I would plan to just take the monorail to the MK and skip the limo stuff.

Plus if you have a photographer follow you, you could get some really great artistic pictures on the monorail - maybe they would even let you sit up front :goodvibes

I just came across your pj. I gotta say that I love your centerpieces and the stuff that you have for your at home reception :goodvibes

im late as always...but dress one is extremely beautiful

I think your party favors are the cutest ideas in the world...so consider the idea officially stolen:happytv:

;)I should have read through the entire journal...but I think your BM dresses are cute number 3 is my fav...

Personally I think the monorail is far more fun than a bus or a boat.

If we do the castle wedding then I can't meet the carriage/coach until I am in the MK - so I think I would plan to just take the monorail to the MK and skip the limo stuff.

Plus if you have a photographer follow you, you could get some really great artistic pictures on the monorail - maybe they would even let you sit up front :goodvibes

I totally agree!! You can rent a limo anywhere. Not to many other places you can take a Monorail. Hopefully we can get some cool pictures

So I came up with an idea for my at home reception. I am going to ask everyone who is married in the invitation to send me a copy of their weddingpictures by email or mail. I am then going to make a slide show using the pictures. I am going to set them the song Love is a Beautiful Thing by Phil Vassar. I am just hoping enough people will participate. I guess a lot of the people I can go to their house and get a picture to scan in myself. I am going to play the video right before we eat. I think it will make everyone feel involved in the wedding and will honor those already married.

Here are the lyrics to the song

Looks like everybody’s here
Had to put some foldin’ chairs in the vestibule
Yeah, it’s gettin’ full
Even old Aunt Ruby came
Her first time on an airplane
It’s her sister’s girl
She wouldn’t miss it for the world

And all them kids jumpin’ in the pews
And Mr. Charlie in his lime-green suit
‘Is a handsome man’
Remarks Widow Callahan
Uncle Joe and Uncle Jake
Haven’t spoken since ‘98
Just said, ‘Hello’
It’s a good day to let it go

So let the angels gather
Let the music play
Let the preacher get to preachin’ all the “do you take”’s
Looove is a beautiful thing
Throw the rice in the air
Let the church bells ring
Tie the cans to the back of that limosine
Loooove is a beautiful thing

Daddy’s waitin’ with the bride
Yeah, she helps him with his tie
She sees a tear
He says, ‘Man, it’s hot in here’, humm
He hugs his little girl and asks,
‘How did you grow up so fast?
God, I wish your Momma could be here for this’

And everybody stands and smiles
As she goes walkin’ down the aisle
In her Momma’s gown
And Daddy breaks on down
Gran and Gramps in the second row
Stood right there fifty years ago
And said their vows
Yeah, I guess it’s workin’ out

So let the angels gather
Let the music play
Let the preacher get to preachin’ all the “do you take”’s
Loooove is a beautiful thing

A little table full’a gifts
Catering’s covered dish
And the wedding band
Well, that’s on her hand
And Tommy’s teasin’ Lorelei
He pushed her down and made her cry
And neither one knows
A day will come

When the angels gather
And the music plays
And the preacher gets to preachin’ all the “do you take”’s
Looove
Two people in looove is a beautiful thing

I finally went and looked at some dresses. I am not photogenic at all so its hard to tell which ones look good. But here are some I looked at. There are still more places I want to go and look.

this is the dress I am going to wear to take pictures in the park the day after the wedding with my wedding party. I am not wearing my wedding dress so they can not yell at me. Also there are two of my BM tryig on some of the different dresses.
AnniesWedding017.jpg

Dress 1:Here is a dress i do like. I have never been a lace person but i think I really want lace. Also this is the BM dress that Tara wants to get the girl on the right. She has a huge chest and the other dresses made them look even bigger.
AnniesWedding020.jpg

Dress 2: I really like this one but everyone else said its to plain and my grandma said it looks more like something I would wear on the wedding night. (don't mind the weird face I am making)
AnniesWedding025.jpg

Dress 3: Here is the dress From David's Bridal everyone liked best I liked it to but it looked much better in person. And that is the dress Brandy wants the most so far but it will be in orange.
AnniesWedding024.jpg

Here is the back of the one above. I love the back
AnniesWedding023.jpg

The same dress again
AnniesWedding026.jpg

We also went to Alfred Angelo. The people were not as nice there.

Dress 4: Its really pretty but it was to big on me so hard to tell
AnniesWedding031.jpg

Here is what the dress looks like on the rack looks much better on it. Also the mother of the bride dress next to it is what my mom wants to wear.
AnniesWedding061.jpg

Dress 5: Its not bad the bow is a bit much but they said it can be taken off.

AnniesWedding050.jpg

Dress 6: I like it but once again it was big and hard to tell
AnniesWedding033.jpg

Dress 7:
AnniesWedding034.jpg

Dress 8: the band can just be white I do not want any color on my dress

AnniesWedding058.jpg

My MOH made flowers for the BMs using flowers from Micheals they turned out good here is what they look like with the dresses. Dont mind my grandma.

AnniesWedding028.jpg

good luck finding your gown! I love the colors of the BM dresses and the bouquet looks fantastic with the dress shown...:goodvibes

I agree with Tammy - I love the BM's flowers with the orange dress!

All of your dresses choices look great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter