Andrea & Randy July 2010~My mad Hatter Tea Party Lots of pictures!

Which Mickey Voice Should I Use Link to voices on pg 4

• Dave Prat

• Michael Robles

• Michael Bettis

• Dean

• Sonny

• Craig

• Anders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ann117

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone. I just love this board everyone is great and I am getting so many ideas already!

My name is Andrea and my DF's name is Randy. I met him 6 years ago when we both worked at a restaurant. I had to train him after working there for 3 years and found out they started him making more then me an hour. So I was not too happy the first day we met. But soon later we started to date he is a couple years older then me and was in college at the time. We went to my high school prom together and have now been together for 6 years. We have decided to get married and knew right away Disney was the place to do it. My family has been to Disney ever since I was young. My father loves Disney as well and one of my favorite things to do with him was planning our Disney trips. Just a few months after dating my df went on a family Disney trip with me and we have been going when ever we can ever since.

Next week I am going to be in Disney and I am going to be able to look at a few places. I really want to do the California grill but wish I could personalize the menu but I guess I have to decide what’s more important.

How do you put pictures on here all i can find is something that says the website what if its not off a website.

Well here are some of the dresses I am loooking at!!!! I just dont know what to choose. I am having a small wedding is Disney with around 30 people and then having a larger reception at home once we get back. So i will be wearing my dress twice so it has to be something I am comfortable in. It will also be July and really hot.

D5ED1F60-2A59-4615-B7C023FED0AE5585.jpg

disney_wedding_dress_giselle1.jpg

Disney%20jasmine.JPG

snowwhite_disneybridal_fall08.jpg

welcome and congrats- looking forward to hearing more of your plans. we plan on doing a VR in july 2010 for our 20th anniversary. :goodvibes The dresses are beautiful!! welcome and good luck with all your planning!

:welcome: I'm glad you were able to start your PJ. The Disney dresses are amazing; have you gotten a chance to try any on yet?

Looking forward to seeing your plans unfold.

Yay!! Another new PJ writer! I just started mine too! :banana:

I love the dresses you've picked out! So pretty and elegant. I can't wait to her more about your plans.. congrats on the engagement and good luck with planning!:goodvibes

I LOVE the disney dresses. I drove 4 hours to try on one of the Belle ones... However when I was there I saw the white Giselle one that you have pictured. I really really liked it. If I had more time I would have tried it on. I would go with that one as a first choice.

YAY!!! I haven't seen anyone else on this board with disney dresses. Its so weird one would think that everyone would want one just because of the label.

Anway just one little secret I learned. Once you decide which dress you want and the size you need call around to all of the stores and check ebay. Usually if someone has the dress in stock its soooooo much cheaper then ordering it and you get it so much faster. I couldn't find my dress in my size/color anywhere and wanted to try it on first so I kept shopping around. I ended up getting mine from a bridal store in CA new with tags for 80% off. It was the greatest bargain of the century.

So what are you looking at other than the California Grill? My feelings are that the view of the fireworks makes up for the lack of menu choice - but thats just me. I am excited we are doing a first night dinner there.

I LOVE the disney dresses. I drove 4 hours to try on one of the Belle ones... However when I was there I saw the white Giselle one that you have pictured. I really really liked it. If I had more time I would have tried it on. I would go with that one as a first choice.

YAY!!! I haven't seen anyone else on this board with disney dresses. Its so weird one would think that everyone would want one just because of the label.

Anway just one little secret I learned. Once you decide which dress you want and the size you need call around to all of the stores and check ebay. Usually if someone has the dress in stock its soooooo much cheaper then ordering it and you get it so much faster. I couldn't find my dress in my size/color anywhere and wanted to try it on first so I kept shopping around. I ended up getting mine from a bridal store in CA new with tags for 80% off. It was the greatest bargain of the century.

So what are you looking at other than the California Grill? My feelings are that the view of the fireworks makes up for the lack of menu choice - but thats just me. I am excited we are doing a first night dinner there.

if you take a peek at my pj- i took some photos of the view from the napa room at california grill- we was told this had the best view of the park- but i never saw the view from the restruant or the sonoma room- the sonoma room just looks out into the lakes for miles.

x

Hi I love all your dresses - I love those disney dresses sadly I've never found anywhere in the UK that stocks them. The second one is a little bit simmilar to my dress as it has flowers petals on the top and bottom :goodvibes

Hi I love all your dresses - I love those disney dresses sadly I've never found anywhere in the UK that stocks them. The second one is a little bit simmilar to my dress as it has flowers petals on the top and bottom :goodvibes

There are 3 stores in the UK -

Devizes Wilts, Cinders 011 44 1380739930 Bridal, Maidens, Flower Girls, Jewels
London, JS Couture 011 44 2079354242 Bridal, Maidens, Flower Girls, Jewels
Staffordshire, Ever After 011 44 1283565551 Bridal, Maidens, Jewels

I have not had a chance to try on the dresses yet but I am planning on doing that soon! So far the Giselle is my first choice. Thanks for the tips on finding it cheaper. 80% off that's amazing!! So I have found two save the dates I love I might find a way to use both.

First is an idea I am stealing from Bride-to-be. She has pictures in her PJ. Its so cute its a stuff mickey that when u squeeze him he talks about your wedding!!!

Second thing i just found is a flip book. I know I had a few of these from the disney store when i was younger and you can make your own. I was going to make one with my DF and I holding cards that show our wedding and and stuff.
Here is the website

http://disneyshopping.go.com/disney/store/Category_10002_10051_62995_-1_62995_____Disney-Moments

disney.jpg

I like them both so much i might have to do both. Ill think of some way to make them link together. Or maybe i can use the flip book as a thank you. I guess ill have to think about it.

Here are my center pieces. I love the Castles and wanted a way to include them in my decor. So I found these. I am going to put candles and rose petals around them to.

sbc_jimshore_sept2008.jpg

2476_1.jpg

Cindy_Castle_Shore.jpg

5en-4013250-castle.jpg

They are made by Jim Shore. I just love them!!

I am so glad you like my mickeys! I was telling Shelley from Impressions that the ultimate thing to do would be to have multiple characters and have them carry on a conversation. I wish I had had more time to explore that idea.

Anyhoo I also love the flip book! If I had known about it I would have done it too. I def think you should combine both of them. Have all of your details of your wedding on the back of the flip book or last page or something and use it as the save the date card.

I LOVE your center piece ideas. If we go with a castle ceremony I think that would be perfect - we could have each table themed after a different disney princess! Do you know if they make more then just the three? Even though hong kong looks the same as disneyland and tokyo is the same as WDW they are all slightly different. It would be so great if they had different ones for each..... Otherwise what do you do on the other tables? Do you just have a bunch of the castles that are the same?

I am going to have to go look at the jim shore website...

TTFN

Hi! I love your dresses; they are gorgeous! And the centerpieces are beautiful. :goodvibes

The one castle looks slightly familiar :goodvibes Sorry for the hijack; I just fell in love with it when I saw it at the MK during our planning session trip and had to buy it. I knew about the one for Disneyland, but not about Beauty & the Beast. I think I might need to have DH start a collection for me.
100_0596.jpg

Cake2.jpg

Code:
I am so glad you like my mickeys! I was telling Shelley from Impressions that the ultimate thing to do would be to have multiple characters and have them carry on a conversation. I wish I had had more time to explore that idea.

That would be so cool! I am so bad with technology though i do not think i could ever figure that out. From what i have found there are only three castles but the Beauty and the Beast one came out not to long ago so maybe hopefully he will come out with more. Right now I will have to have two of each for six tables. But jim shore has a lot of cool stuff he has a Cinderella carriage I may have to get it to put some where.

20-4007220.jpg

Also I got this off eBay cheap not sure what i am going to do with them yet but they are so cute.
fct_29d35cb70921849.jpg

Code:
The one castle looks slightly familiar

That is so funny because I have looked at your pictures and I am embarrassed to admit this I thought I was another cake. I said to myself that cake must have cost a lot to cut it out to look like the castle.lol... It looks greats with your real cakes though!! I am waiting to get my Cinderella castle it in the mail I cant wait for it it look so pretty.

I am leaving for DISNEY WORLD tomorrow!!!! I am going to meet with the wedding consultant on Wednesday and see some ideas for the wedding reception sites. I really want it at the California Grill but I guess I should have a back up just in cause. Where is a good place in the gf to have a small reception. There is not going to be any dancing or anything. Just a cocktail hour then dinner then cake with Mickey and Minnie. Any other suggestions for things I should ask her to show me? My wedding is not till next summer but i was going to be in disney so i figured i might as well check out some reception sites. I can't wait!!!

I had a lot of people that thought the castle was made out of chocolate or something too. Actually I was originally going to have the white chocolate one, but the Jim Shore one ended up being only $10 more. I would check out some of the shops at Magic Kingdom on Main Street for more Jim Shore. I found my castle originally in the one where there is jewelry on the same side as the candy shop and bakery :goodvibes

Have fun at Disney. I would suggest checking out White Hall at GF; I've seen a lot of smaller weddings here.
http://www.mouseweddings.com/wedlocwr.html

I am back from Disney and the warm weather. The day I left for Disney it was snowing in PA!! But anyway I got to talk to my consultant Diane. I saw the wp. I loved it!! I would love to have an outside wedding but i do not trust the weather. So the wp is the next best thing. Also I saw two locations for my dinner. One was the Califonia Grill Napa room. I really liked it. I love that you can see the castle from it and even walk outside. Then i looked at the white hall room that was also great but I think I will be going with the CG. I wish they were more flexible with the menue. I did eat dinner at the CG one night to see how the food was. It was really good! Also my consultant said i can reserve the room one year in advance since its not a ball room. That makes me really happy:woohoo:I also found more Jim shore things on main street. So over all it was a productive trip.

You have Diane Mahoney-Brown? If you do she's AMAZING!!!! That's who we had and I was and still am very happy with her and her work!! I still call her from time to time to ask her things she used to be a planner so she's very helpful!!! Congrats and welcome!:flower3:

Yes I have Diane Mahoney-Brown!!! She is amazing. I am glad to be working with her. Here are some ideas I want to do for my wedding.

First of all I want to have Mouse Ears For all the guest with there names on them i love the pictures other brides have on here with all thier guest wearing the mouse ears. I will also use it as thier place card for were they sit.
3012L.jpg

I also want to have a caricature artist there to draw peoples pictures. I think this will be something fun for everyone to do.
seaworld-caricature-artist.jpg

I also saw another Bride had the barbershop quartet sing at thier reception. I would love to do this. I still have to get ore info on it but hopefully it will work out.
disney31.jpg

Those are some of my ideas so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter