Andrea & Randy July 2010~My mad Hatter Tea Party Lots of pictures!

Which Mickey Voice Should I Use Link to voices on pg 4

• Dave Prat

• Michael Robles

• Michael Bettis

• Dean

• Sonny

• Craig

• Anders

Results are only viewable after voting.
These are some great ideas. I think your guests would enjoy all these little touches. I know we had wanted to add in some more entertainment, but alas the budget wasn't available :upsidedow The caricatures would be such fun keepsakes for your guests.

These are some great ideas. I think your guests would enjoy all these little touches. I know we had wanted to add in some more entertainment, but alas the budget wasn't available :upsidedow The caricatures would be such fun keepsakes for your guests.

Thanks. I do not have a large budget but I am having a small wedding and I am trying to do things that I can only do at a Disney Wedding. So I will not be having lots of flowers or spending tons on food.

figmentfan814 i just looked through your PJ. I am getting all kinds of wedding ideas from it. Your wedding was wonderful!!!! Hope you dont mind if i steal a few of your ideas. I am going to try to make my own mickey rice crisy treats soon!

My Dad told me if we are having a Disney wedding Mickey and Minnie will have to come. My brother is a huge Goofy fan and wants to pay the extra amount to have him there to. So there should be enough going on to keep everyone entertained because there will not be any dancing. I am having a reception in my home town to so the dancing will take place then.

Wow! All of your plans sound amazing so far! It will definitely be a wedding your guests will always remember! I'm now hooked on your PJ, can't wait to read more. Glad your trip to Disney was a success!

Congrats on the engagement..and poop for the higher salary of Randy, haha. I love all those Disney dresses. I'd love to get one, but I'd have to get a Snow White and none of them were my favorite...I went with David's Bridals. I love the castle center pieces. I totally want to steal Figment Fan's use of snow globes, but I like the castles too.

The flipbooks are cool...they don't work for me though because I'm a lefty and I can never do it righty!!

Congrats on looking at venues. I want to do a planning session to badly. Are you going to do another one later on as well?

Since the I started looking at this board I love Misty Miotto Photography. I have been emailing her and I just asked her if she had the date open I want and she does!!!!:banana:So I am going to book her soon. From everything I have read on her she seems to be wonderful so I am excited.

I have also been looking at flowers. I think I have decided to go with silk. This way I can have flowers in Florida and my reception I am having at home. They are cheaper then getting real ones through Disney too. I think I am going to order then through hibiscusflorals.com
I have been emailing them and they seem wonderful. Here are the flowers i want.
http://www.hibiscusflorals.com/larger_image.asp?PID=332

tropical-roses-and-callas-wedding-b.jpg

this for the guys
http://www.hibiscusflorals.com/larger_image.asp?PID=366
orange-floramatique-calla-lily-bout.jpg

My theme for my reception at home is a tropical one so I think these flowers will work out great. Orange my not work the best with my center pieces for Disney but ill figure something out I think maybe put orange rose petals around then with candles.

Also I am having a lot of luck with my guest being excited about a destination wedding. I have asked 16 so far and 14 are coming for sure and the other two are thinking about it. One of my friends got married a couple of years ago and wanted to get married on a cruise ship. She ended up not doing this and says she regrets it. So I am happy that no one has seemed upset about it.

Congrats on the engagement..and poop for the higher salary of Randy, haha. I love all those Disney dresses. I'd love to get one, but I'd have to get a Snow White and none of them were my favorite...I went with David's Bridals. I love the castle center pieces. I totally want to steal Figment Fan's use of snow globes, but I like the castles too.

The flipbooks are cool...they don't work for me though because I'm a lefty and I can never do it righty!!

Congrats on looking at venues. I want to do a planning session to badly. Are you going to do another one later on as well?

Thanks!! I have not tried on any dresses yet I need to do that but I also plan on trying some David bridals dresses there are a few there I like. I actually got the castle idea from seeing Figment Fan's use of snow globes. I was looking for snow globes to buy and came across these castles turns out she had one of the castles at her wedding to lol. My parents go to Florida all the time and they always go in February so i am hoping to tag a long next febuary to have another planning session. But I am looking for a new job now so hopefully Ill find a place that will let me go.

OK I posted another post about this but i thought i would put it in here as well. What do you all think I should do about timing my wedding consultant says to get married at the wedding pavilion at the 5:00 time and then a 20 minute ceremony then be to the Reception at 6:00. That's only like 40 minutes to take pictures. I want to take lots and maybe even go to a couple hotels before to take pictures. Do you think it would be to long to get married at the 2 ceremony or it may be 2:30? I can not start the reception till 6 at the California Grill. I am having a small ceremony and I do not think it will bother the few people who will be there to wait till from 3 to 6. I mean if I am going to Disney to get married I might as well take tons of pictures right?

Since the I started looking at this board I love Misty Miotto Photography. I have been emailing her and I just asked her if she had the date open I want and she does!!!!:banana:So I am going to book her soon. From everything I have read on her she seems to be wonderful so I am excited.

I have also been looking at flowers. I think I have decided to go with silk. This way I can have flowers in Florida and my reception I am having at home. They are cheaper then getting real ones through Disney too. I think I am going to order then through hibiscusflorals.com
I have been emailing them and they seem wonderful. Here are the flowers i want.
http://www.hibiscusflorals.com/larger_image.asp?PID=332

this for the guys
http://www.hibiscusflorals.com/larger_image.asp?PID=366

My theme for my reception at home is a tropical one so I think these flowers will work out great. Orange my not work the best with my center pieces for Disney but ill figure something out I think maybe put orange rose petals around then with candles.

Also I am having a lot of luck with my guest being excited about a destination wedding. I have asked 16 so far and 14 are coming for sure and the other two are thinking about it. One of my friends got married a couple of years ago and wanted to get married on a cruise ship. She ended up not doing this and says she regrets it. So I am happy that no one has seemed upset about it.

Congrats on Misty!!! OMG I love that floral website!!!

OK so here is what I think I have decided to do the ceremony at 5 and not show up to the California Grill till closer to 7 but have the room ready and open at 6 so the few guest who are not in the wedding party can go hang out their if they want and they can also look around the Contemporary hotel too. Hopefully that will work out ok.

That's a good idea to have the room open and you could have appetizers available as a type of pre-reception menu.

My future sister in law has a step daughter. She was very excited about bringing her to Disney for the first time but the girl’s biological mother will not let her come. She is 11 and the mother says it’s too far for her and what if something happens. The girls’ father will be there!!! But I do understand it’s her daughter I just feel bad because the girl will most likely not have another chance to go to Disney. Which I think every child who can go should go. THe girl didn’t even know what exactly Disney was. My FSIL had to go online and show her what Disney is. What child does not know what Disney is? I just hope its not jealousy that is keeping the mother from letting her go.

Does the father have any custody? Does he want to bring her? If he has partial custody, isn't he allowed to take her on vacation? I get it's her daughter, but it's also HIS daughter as well.

Does the father have any custody? Does he want to bring her? If he has partial custody, isn't he allowed to take her on vacation? I get it's her daughter, but it's also HIS daughter as well.

He has custody. They have her every other weekend. I think they have something in their agreement that the mom has to ok anytime they take her out of state. I know it is his daughter to!!

Ever since I first saw these cakes I have wanted to use them. I love the idea of everyone getting their own cake. I will have a small cake for DF and me to cut to. I think I am going to order an extra one for us to have on our one year like other people have the top of their cake. They are $22 each but I have to have them!!!!!! My wedding colors are orange and blue so I may get just orange or blue and orange. I wish I could get a Mad Hatter Cake to but I guess I cant have everything.

Miniature-MickeyHat.jpg

I went to a craft store the other day to price scrap book stickers to make my will you be my bridesmaids cards. The stickers are usually around $5 each but it was my lucky day they were all on sale. I bought tons of Disney stickers for scrap booking to I got them for 2.50 to .49!!! So I made the cards yesterday.

cameraapril13009.jpg

cameraapril13001.jpg

cameraapril13003.jpg

cameraapril13006.jpg

cameraapril13004.jpg

I love the cards!!! I totally want to make ones as well! Of course I have to figure out who is going to be in my party...right now I have like 5 or 6, haha. And my brother is being my Man of honor so I want to make a him a REALLY girly card, haha.

The mini-cakes are cute! Are they actually cheaper than a 2 tier mad hatter- I like it's like $500. I think the mini-cakes are cuter. What flavors can you get?

I love the cards!!! I totally want to make ones as well! Of course I have to figure out who is going to be in my party...right now I have like 5 or 6, haha. And my brother is being my Man of honor so I want to make a him a REALLY girly card, haha.

The mini-cakes are cute! Are they actually cheaper than a 2 tier mad hatter- I like it's like $500. I think the mini-cakes are cuter. What flavors can you get?

That is so cute having your brother as man of honor!! And yeah I don't think a princes card will work for him..lol

Depending on how many people end up coming to the wedding the mini cakes might end up being a little more but I have to have them. If 30 people come and they are $22= $660 but I have to have them. I do not know about the flavors yet I am guessing they will do almost any flavor but I do not know for sure.

So I have not written anything about my home reception yet so I thought i would. I am going to have it a few weeks after Florida that way I can make a slide show of pictures from Florida to show everyone. The theme is tropical. I am going to play steel drum music at the cocktail hour and just make it a relaxing fun day. The colors are blue and Orange.

Here is what i have gotten so far for it.
cameraapril13090.jpg

I am going to have a bucket full or orange and blue flip flops so people can dance all night even if the shoes they can with hurt their feet.
cameraapril13093.jpg

I am going to hang paper lanterns from the ceiling.
cameraapril13092.jpg

These are the favors only $1 each
cameraapril13091.jpg

I am also going to have a candy Bar
cameraapril13094.jpg

Hopefully the candy bar will end up looking something like this
Picture13.png

very vibrant and fun colors and very tropical too! you have a lot of great ideas.... looking forward to hearing more. love the candy bar idea. good luck:goodvibes

I love the colors for your at-home reception. We had a candy bar at ours too and our guests loved it! :thumbsup2

I also love the cute cards you made for your bridal party.

I had fallen in love with some of the small cakes too, but they weren't practical for the group size we had for our wedding. (at least budget wise) I would definitely try them before you make a final decision, our coordinator told us that they are sometimes really dry. I don't know if that's true because we never ended up trying them. What a great idea to get an extra to save for your anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter