And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen, I am sorry to hear of Nana's passing. HUGS!!! I am glad that DH and the family was with her.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:grouphug:
If you get a chance, I would love to hear about a special memory you have of Nana, Jenny.

Wow. Thanks Kook. She was a special and independant lady. DH's grandfather died when he was two of a heart attack, so she was a widow for 38 years. She lived in the same house for ever, she loved to have a draft beer, and eat at Swiss Chalet. She was very down to earth and didn't mince words, but she was a kind person. My DH held a special place in her heart, as they lived with her after his grandfather passed for about 2 years.

She lived by herself until about maybe 8 years ago when she started to show signs of dementia. She thought there was a bad man living in her basement, and would call her daughters in fright. They tried to have her live part time with each daughter, but that ended badly, (to say the least) and she was put in the home. It was a very high end facility where the workers really did look after her well, and cared for her. She was legally blind but when the girls would come she would always try to reach out for their shapes and hug them.

Even near the end, my DH's voice saying to her "Hi Nana, it's Lee, I love you" would bring a smile to her face. He would then say "Give me a kiss" and she would try to put her little lips together.

DH's aunt has devoted everything to looking after her mom, and was her eyes, ears and advocate. She will now have to adjust to a life where she is not looking after mom everyday. It is going to be very hard for her.

Thanks for this....I was lucky to know her. A special lady.

Jen

Wow. Thanks Kook. She was a special and independant lady. DH's grandfather died when he was two of a heart attack, so she was a widow for 38 years. She lived in the same house for ever, she loved to have a draft beer, and eat at Swiss Chalet. She was very down to earth and didn't mince words, but she was a kind person. My DH held a special place in her heart, as they lived with her after his grandfather passed for about 2 years.

She lived by herself until about maybe 8 years ago when she started to show signs of dementia. She thought there was a bad man living in her basement, and would call her daughters in fright. They tried to have her live part time with each daughter, but that ended badly, (to say the least) and she was put in the home. It was a very high end facility where the workers really did look after her well, and cared for her. She was legally blind but when the girls would come she would always try to reach out for their shapes and hug them.

Even near the end, my DH's voice saying to her "Hi Nana, it's Lee, I love you" would bring a smile to her face. He would then say "Give me a kiss" and she would try to put her little lips together.

DH's aunt has devoted everything to looking after her mom, and was her eyes, ears and advocate. She will now have to adjust to a life where she is not looking after mom everyday. It is going to be very hard for her.

Thanks for this....I was lucky to know her. A special lady.

Jen
Jen, that was beautiful, Nana was beautiful. She sounds like she was a spunky gal who knew how to have a good time and enjoy life. I like her spirit and her spirit will be a part of your family forever. Dementia can take a lot away, but Nana still knew when Lee was around and I'm sure that comforted her. Thank you for sharing a bit of Nana with all of us, Jen:grouphug:

Here's to Nana!:drinking1

Jen Sorry to hear about Nana :hug: She sounds like a strong lady! Please give a little :hug: to your DH and DDs from all of us :grouphug:

That is sad. :(

But at least her family was surrounding her and she went with love.

So sorry to hear.

Jen, I am sorry to hear of Nana's passing. HUGS!!! I am glad that DH and the family was with her.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jen, that was beautiful, Nana was beautiful. She sounds like she was a spunky gal who knew how to have a good time and enjoy life. I like her spirit and her spirit will be a part of your family forever. Dementia can take a lot away, but Nana still knew when Lee was around and I'm sure that comforted her. Thank you for sharing a bit of Nana with all of us, Jen:grouphug:

Here's to Nana!:drinking1

Jen Sorry to hear about Nana :hug: She sounds like a strong lady! Please give a little :hug: to your DH and DDs from all of us :grouphug:

Here here!!!:drinking1

DH just read all of your wonderful comments and you brought another tear to his eye. Thank you all.:grouphug:

Jenny so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Big hugs to you.

Kook I've been so busy with the holidays, the new branch, the kids, doctor appointments, etc. You know how it is, :rolleyes2

Sis Looking forward to time with you in our happy place. :woohoo:

I now have a decision facing me. Do I scale back our August trip by 4 nights and do our Disney cruise in October? Skip the cruise? I don't know what to do. If we do the cruise we will fly in Friday, spend the night at Pop, maybe spend some time at MK and do dinner there, then board the ship Saturday. When we return the following Saturday we would head back to Disney for 3 nights so we can do MNSSHP, F&W, and probably DHS. What say you?

Jenny so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Big hugs to you.

Kook I've been so busy with the holidays, the new branch, the kids, doctor appointments, etc. You know how it is, :rolleyes2

Sis Looking forward to time with you in our happy place. :woohoo:

I now have a decision facing me. Do I scale back our August trip by 4 nights and do our Disney cruise in October? Skip the cruise? I don't know what to do. If we do the cruise we will fly in Friday, spend the night at Pop, maybe spend some time at MK and do dinner there, then board the ship Saturday. When we return the following Saturday we would head back to Disney for 3 nights so we can do MNSSHP, F&W, and probably DHS. What say you?

Do the cruise!!!!If you were to give my kids a choice between WDW, DL, Universal or DCL. DCL would win hands down. We have taken some pretty extravagant WDW vacations, but the cruises are still my favorite. I would definitely scale back the August trip. Two vacations is better than one. Right?

padawans said:
Do the cruise!!!!If you were to give my kids a choice between WDW, DL, Universal or DCL. DCL would win hands down. We have taken some pretty extravagant WDW vacations, but the cruises are still my favorite. I would definitely scale back the August trip. Two vacations is better than one. Right?

I totally agree!!!! Cruises are amazing!!! And you would get 2 trips!!! Without a question, scale back Aug and keep Oct!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jen, so sorry to hear of your Nana's passing :angel: may your memories bring you comfort and bring a smile to your heart, may peace surround you when you think of her and remember the joy she brought to your family. :hug:'s to you and your family

Just wanted to stop by to say Hi! :wave: I read back a few pages but no hopes of catching up I am so far behind :(

Went out to breakfast the other morning and Disney came up... Fast forward to yesterday I started pricing out rooms since we are thinking F&W and no DP this time.

Anyway I said to Bob "what would it take to get you to stay at the Poly?" and......he said " Just Ask". :banana:

I have to start doing some serious research BWI would be the better choice for F&W but he agreed to stay at the Poly which might not happen again. I am so confused, maybe a split stay? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter