And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

Hi Padawans!! Welcome back! You've got me yearning for a trip back to DL now too! I haven't been since 1990! I am definitely getting back there one of these yrs! it's the first place my DH took me on my first out-of-country /REAL vacation when we where dating! I fell in love then!
    :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Jeez I am so easily swayed!! Maybe May could end up CR...who knows!! MK is the one park we will be going to twice...:scratchin

4. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

Ok, so I am thinking of totally changing our trip up. The DH and I were talking and he said that the part he enjoyed the most on or last vacation was the night we spent at Pensacola Beach. We all loved the pool, b/c of the lazy river it had and three hot tubs. I am thinking of shortening our WDW part to 3 nights max and only going to the MK & Epcot, and then maybe staying in a CR TPV room. The main focus is getting to see the new Fantasyland anyway.

5. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Okay here is the link to the Flickr album. For whatever reason I noticed that when my iPhone takes pictures it makes them appear further away then they really are (and zooming lowers the quality). So keep in mind when looking at the CL and the balcony views, things were actually closer than they appear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyberger/sets/72157632167672097/

Melissa

6. letthewookiewin

Love the pics!! Thanks for sharing them.

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Hello Friends!

I have been lurking the past couple of days, trying to keep up. Been very busy this week. :tiptoe:

Tomorrow is D-Day for a couple of reasons. 1- I believe tomorrow we will find out whether we are getting our Christmas bonuses this year (this one in addition to the one I am definitely getting in January). So exciting!!! I really hope we get it. And 2- After the meeting where we find out about the bonuses, I will be going into my meeting with our director about the raise I am requesting. I'm nervous, I'm not gonna lie!

But, hopefully tomorrow I will be reporting double good news! Keep your fingers crossed for me, it could be quite the exciting day tomorrow!!!:cheer2:

8. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

My uncle lived in Tucson for 20+ years and we used to go visit. My parents even started looking at houses there because the cost of living was so much less than it was in New England. You definitely are a great area cost wise. I hope everything works out for you.

YOu could be obsessed with worse things than Disney :lmao: Glad you got to spend some time with DH today.

I have only stayed at CSR and it was a while back so I really cant comment, but I throughouly trust the opinions of the ladies on this board :goodvibes

The rooms are ultra modern with very clean lines and I think that is why DS likes it so much. I was really worried about missing a "theme" and resort feel, but the room and location really make up for those things. I think that will be a great graduation present!

I think CR is a love it or hate it, it definitely isnt the Poly or even POR, you dont have the same feeling of being in a Disney resort, walking around, etc. But the kids loved watching the monorail coming through the resort and having Contempo Cafe and all the shops right there in the Grand Concourse. As well as catching the monorail inside and not having to walk down to the bus stop (except for DHS and AK of course).

Well you cant get much closer to the New Fantasyland than CR ;) The resort in Pensacola sounds great!

9. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

DOUBLE GOOD LUCK pixiedust:

10. letthewookiewin

Very true. When he says it, he forgets his addiction to the online game Star Wars: the Old Republic and Monster energy drinks. At least a Disney addiction doesn't give you nasty burps, like those Monsters do him sometimes.:sick:

It was. We only stayed one night, but we loved it. We didn't even get to get into the gulf b/c they had red flags up on the beach. It was called Holiday Inn Resort. It's odd, I have no problem paying $330 a night for a room at WDW (as long as it's in the budget), but I just looked up a stay at that Holiday Inn Resort and that's what it would cost us per night for a Gulf view room. I was like :eek::crazy2:

11. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

Chimu You should go back. It's changed a lot since 1990. I would think it would be a less expensive trip for you than WDW.

I spent the day at ER with hubs. He has always been borderline diabetic, but has been able to control it with diet and excercise. He is in very good shape. He doesn't look like your typical diabetic, but it runs in his family. He started peeing a lot the last month. He went to his primary care, and his blood sugar was 514. The doc freaked out called me, and told me to have him admitted. I took him to a different hospital than the one I work at because I just didn't feel like dealing with people I know. They did nothing for him except give him a prescription for metformin. I just checked his BS again it was 303. He went running we shall see what it is after running a few miles. I think all the stress of the last 2 months, plus lack of gym, plus his mom's unhealthy cooking has done havoc with his health. I'm going to ask his primary care to put him on FMLA so we can get this under control. He has 1100 hours of sick time saved up he might as well use it.

Anyway I need another vacation like now.

It's a good thing CRO was down today I was definetely in the mood to change everything.

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

:hug: Sounds like you are doing an amazing job of looking after hubby. Hope it all comes under control for him. :flower3:

13. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Just when everything is going so smooth ..... :hug:

14. Grumpy Grandma

Sarah I hope this surgery helps with your health issues. Will it be a quick recovery??? Please take it easy and rest. So glad that the trip is back ON!!! I hear WL calling your name. :hug:

15. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

I know right. Happy Birthday to you by the way.:cheer2: Mine is next month, but I plan on skipping it. I refuse to get older.

16. Grumpy Grandma

That's an option???? :confused3 Why didn't someone tell me that 30 years ago???? :rotfl2:

17. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Oh no! I am so sorry! Sounds like a horrible day, but he is lucky to have you!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

It wasn't as much fun as being at Dl last week that's for sure.:) We will adapt and overcome.

19. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Oh yes! My motto in life is..."it is what it is"

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

20. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I finally just heard from hubby. He was wined and dined on Rodeo Drive all day, oh poor baby ;) For the first time he had relief in his voice so I am hoping this buyout is for the best!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. letthewookiewin

I hope it is as well.

I'll have to catch up on more tomorrow, but we have our trip figured out!! :dance3:

I'll post more later when it's not almost 1:20 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.