And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

I've tried skipping mine for at least 9 years....but the kids get me cake...so I celebrate :lmao:

Sorry hubs sugar is wacky :hug: Surprised they didn't take it down with IVF and a wee bit of Insulin...then oral hypoglycemics....at least he has a wonderful Nurse Wifey :goodvibes

DS4 had a meltdown at the glasses store..after the battle to get him buckled in the SUV...I blasted Motley Crue until he promised to stop screaming :scared: It worked..but not my finest mommy moment :sad2: Too bad he won't wear those specs...:mad:

:lmao:

LOVED the pics!! Thanks Melissa :hug:

As of last night we are YC CL :beach:

Pop preferred....save the extra $$$ for cab fare if that tootsie starts aching!!! I am biases as my BFF is the "Queen of Pop" ;) But I just can't love the mods...that's just me. Second choice would be WL :goodvibes

We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

:hug: Miss you Marie

:rotfl:

Poor thing :lmao:

popcorn::

Thinking of our Sarah...and hoping Candace gets her raise pixiedust:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

padawans - I hope your DH can get his sugar levels under control soon. Good luck with the FMLA stuff. He's lucky to have you around to help him :goodvibes

Mousemommy - I hope you are getting GREAT news today! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

babyberger - Your DH's trip sounds promising.I hope things works out quickly and favorably. :goodvibes

pas - YC CL! :woohoo:

The Disney hotels are back on Orbitz. :woohoo: Must have been related to the booking shut down :confused3 Anyway, I know what I will be doing during DD's nap :surfweb: :rolleyes1

4. pas130

:dance3:

I have been trying to price out January for myself (and DH) we could use a weekend away..and I can visit my friends...but so far I'm poor :rolleyes:

5. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Would this trip also include your mama? :confused3

6. pas130

But of course Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

7. Grumpy Grandma

Quick note ..... if anyone is still looking for an American Girl Doll the Today show has a large discount on their steals and deals section. I don't know which dolls but I thought I heard them say 60%.

8. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

i_heart - okay I can use the Orbitz promo code on my Feb CR res, and do better than the AP rate. Now have you used Fat Wallet before, I know of it, but never used it. Will I really get 7.5% back on the room rate, I am guessing it exculdes the taxes and fee portions. Have you done it before?

Melissa

9. Grumpy Grandma

I'm looking too ....... but I don't know anything about Fat Wallet .... :confused3

10. i_heart_the_mouse

I had never used it myself before but DH does sometimes. I got an email 2 days after I booked from fat wallet that says my cash back account will be credited with the cash back on 2/25. The amount is for for 7.5% before taxes. Make sure you click through fat wallet and get the pop up that says you will receive cash back for shopping at Orbitz.

I cannot really vouch for any of the process though as this is my first time trying it. So far everything has worked well. :confused3

11. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

They wouldnt let me into ed with the kids. They gave him fluids no insulin. Never rechecked bs before he left .They forgot to give us a script for strips, but charged us 500 dollars. Called nurse manager to complain. Not happy with pcp for not treating him I really I didnt thi.k he needed to go to ed in the first place. Pcp was completely freaked out by his bs and wouldnt do anything. I guess he has to cover his behind. Spent a lot of money for something could have been treated by pcp.

12. i_heart_the_mouse

You just sign up for a free account and click through them before shopping online. They have cash back for a lot of different places.

I should mention, although I got notice about my cash back from Orbitz, I have yet to recieve anything about my hotels.com ressie that I booked way before the Orbitz one.

I don't know if the different vendors submit at different times or something. :confused3 The email I did get said Orbitz contacted them to give them the cash back info so I'm guessing hotels.com has not yet done that.

13. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

iheart - I guess its worth a try, I am still trying to decide if I want to change it to an Orbitz booking. Do you remember if the hotel charge showed up on your statement from Orbitz or Disney? I am thinking I remember a few years ago it coming up as Orbitz.

14. Grumpy Grandma

Another question .... when you book thru Orbitz how do you do your ME?

15. i_heart_the_mouse

It comes up as Orbtiz.

I admit to being very skeptical of booking non direct myself. It feels scary. :rotfl2: Both of my ressies pull up when I enter them on mydisneyreservation.com so I feel pretty confident that they are ok, but still... :confused3

It came up right on my final booking page to add ME. Once booked, it then gives you a link to go straight to the ME site to fill out your info to finalize the ME reservation. I haven't received my packet yet, but I got a confirmation email from ME that I had a reservation.

16. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Yeah I am definitely skeptical about booking through Orbitz, I always have a problem when I book through a third party.

If I book thorugh Orbitz I save about $65 total, which is on the cusp of being worth the worry. But if FatWallet comes through that would be another $80 or so.

My other issue is that I had already bought Dis GC's to pay for the room, which I could use for food and then whatever is left over save for whenever our next trip will be. So do I feel like coming out of pocket for another $1200 right now, especially with Hanukkah starting this weekend and DH's job still iffy.

Ugh, no sleep and a head cold are not good for these kinds of decisions :headache:

17. i_heart_the_mouse

I don't know that I'd put the money out if you already have GCs. Hope you feel better soon :flower3:

18. pas130

Me either...you have to pay in full with Orbitz right??? :confused3

Ugh! Agreed PCP could've handled it..some outpt labs...etc...And to let him go without a recheck :guilty: I have no comment....:faint: Yes I do..that all stinks :snooty:

Sleep on it Melissa!!!!

Oh, and I booked our Beach visit the week before YC...Anna Maria Island, looks beautiful, we've never been there...now I am wondering ...drop CL (it would pay for Beach.....) :beach:

19. Grumpy Grandma

Did your DH actually get the % rebate. I noticed that it says up to 7.5%. I was also reading some reviews that stated the amount was a lot less ... of course they were all on airfare not hotels .... complaints were about Orbitz not Fat Wallet.

20. i_heart_the_mouse

He's never done cash back for a hotel just purchases from online stores, but he's always gotten what he was supposed to.

Airfare is not a 7.5% category, so whoever booked that probably didn't read the fine print. Here's what I copied from Fat Wallet about Orbitz.

Cash Back Amount
    $3.50 Cash Back available on Airfare
    $4.00 Cash Back available on Car Rentals
    3.30% Cash Back available on Retail Hotels (those paid for upon arrival at the hotel)
    7.50% Cash Back available on Merchant Hotels (those paid for before arriving at the hotel)
    4.00% Cash Back available on Packages
    5.00% Cash Back available on Activities
    $30.00 Cash Back available on Cruises

My cash back email shows the right amounts and percentages.

21. pas130

How crow...WL Deluxe room is on sale :idea:

Hang on...only 5%....but still

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.