• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahaha! No upgrades! I'm excited about our little pool view. That way I don't feel pressured to sit there and stare at something that I don't feel like looking at just because I'm paying for it. :rotfl:

And honestly, I really don't know if I'll ever be able to book CL again...not to sound like a broken record but we just did not utilize it enough to justify doing it again...and at AKL, I think we'd be even less inclined to travel back to the resort to get the benefits out of CL....but you know with me, never say never. :goodvibes

Never say never. Truth for an RC'er. :thumbsup2

I do like to hear you on CL though. It helps keep me thinking. I would be dumping CL at YC but my hotels.com ressie is only costing me $70 more then the cheapest room available now so there really isn't any savings to lose it.

Unfortunately, I'm in a keep GF/Dolphin mood again. :rolleyes1

:wave2: to everyone!

miss, I think cooking the turkey correctly is the worst part of Thanksgiving :confused3 I say forget the bird and we should all do what DetTigsGal is doing. Let WDW do Thanksigivng!!!

DetTigsGal, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Isn't it great when the kids grow up and you can relax and enjoy the resort?! :thumbsup2
Thanks for checking in!

jenny, hope the Teacher's conferences go well. Can't help you on the teacher issue, I am so past that stage and what is appropriate...but if you want my 2 cents, it sounds over the top to me.

i heart, I will come visit no matter where you end up! And of course I have to see Miss! If you are both at the BC, I can come there!

pas, you know my vote, the GF. However, I have to say I love the Epcot area and SAB is fabulous. :beach: Here's hoping for good discounts!

Grumpy Grandma, Tuesday, 1/8, what kind of mischief are we going to get into?!

mousemommy, I give up...no resort for you on the RC list until you hold onto the room for a week!!!

Congrats to everyone of their children's report cards!!! Sounds like the kiddos are doing well :)

Having some health issues with the clinical trial, those side effects :scared:. Taking me off the drugs for the week :goodvibes and doing some tests. It's nice with the holiday to feel more like myself! :flower3:

Sarah so hope you feel better real soon .... but to look on the bright side as you always do .... at least you'll enjoy Thanksgiving!

As for mischief ... you created a monster ... before my last trip you told me how much you enjoy the breakfast at GF Cafe so I gave it a try ... well needless to say I am hooked! It's now my favorite breakfast. I know we have an ADR there later in the week but maybe we could also eat there on Tues???? Other than that I was thinking maybe we'd make it a laid back day .... you'll have had a busy week with your DD and I won't get to the resort Monday until after 11 pm after flying all day. Any ideas????

Hahahahahaha! No upgrades! I'm excited about our little pool view. That way I don't feel pressured to sit there and stare at something that I don't feel like looking at just because I'm paying for it. :rotfl:

And honestly, I really don't know if I'll ever be able to book CL again...not to sound like a broken record but we just did not utilize it enough to justify doing it again...and at AKL, I think we'd be even less inclined to travel back to the resort to get the benefits out of CL....but you know with me, never say never. :goodvibes

So I know I told you how much I enjoy having my morning coffee on the balcony watching the animals but as crazy as it sounds I love the pool view at AK Jambo. The lights on the water at night are just beautiful!!

Sarah so hope you feel better real soon .... but to look on the bright side as you always do .... at least you'll enjoy Thanksgiving!

As for mischief ... you created a monster ... before my last trip you told me how much you enjoy the breakfast at GF Cafe so I gave it a try ... well needless to say I am hooked! It's now my favorite breakfast. I know we have an ADR there later in the week but maybe we could also eat there on Tues???? Other than that I was thinking maybe we'd make it a laid back day .... you'll have had a busy week with your DD and I won't get to the resort Monday until after 11 pm after flying all day. Any ideas????

So I know I told you how much I enjoy having my morning coffee on the balcony watching the animals but as crazy as it sounds I love the pool view at AK Jambo. The lights on the water at night are just beautiful!!

I've seen pictures of the pool at AKL at night, and honestly it looks like a tropical oasis. :cloud9: Just beautiful.

Good Morning to All!:coffee:

Candace...so hoping you stick with AKL....and here's something to entice you a bit more :teeth:

DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5627.jpg

Jenny....so glad the conference went well and both girls are doing great:thumbsup2

Heather

You're at AKL now, for April??
Let's throw in some pool pictures shall we Marie...the Flamingo pond by the pool ..

IMG_1154.jpg

Ugh, sorry to hear it was a bust Boys love thier mommies and sometimes daddy just doesnt cut it. Maybe when he is a bit older you can sneak away. I left the kiddos with DH for a girls weekend up in MA one year and I was so worried I barely relaxed. I know my kiddos are a handful and not easy to deal with, especially when you arent used to the routines.

I am no help, never stayed at GF and DH has absolutely no interest in staying there. So I guess by default my vote is for YC, which we LOVE

We had a wonderful time, but I am sorry DH was so stressed on his boys' time :worried:

We are split on the decision this far...I received an offer from a travel company...gasp...I know, so I put in for a quote. It was for easter week so it wasn't a fantastic rate. I declined and said we'd be going in August....the rates are OVER 40% OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GF GV~me, DD5, DS11...yes,yes,yes

or YC/BC SV or SV CL~HRH CL of course..DD6 and DH want SAB :beach:

I can get CL at YC or BC for $20 more than GF GV...should be a no brainer right :faint:
So in my crazy life of, well lets just say crap, kiddos brought home thier report cards today....for the first time in a while we have ALL A's and B's

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Melissa
You had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, caught up while I lounge by the pool. This am was AK.. did Everest 2x with the safari in the middle, caught flights of wonder and we headed back. I'm hanging out...DH and DS15 went to the studios to do rock and roller..,DS 19 went over to MK to meet a friend from college before we all meet at Trails End for dinner.

DS15's report card came today..honors for him but a couple more B's than he likes, but he did like the A- in French 3 honors
Have a good rest of your day
pixiedust: So glad you are relaxing!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss I started my brine today!!!!!!!! We also usually end up with a turkeysicle :rotfl:

sarahSorry about the side effects :sad: but a drug free Thansgiving is a good thing ;) I am SO torn...I want GF, and the boat to MK....but YC..the kids would love SAB, and the snack room :faint:

And a TA.....:crazy2: but it's almost like getting 2 rooms for the price of one :thumbsup2

Where's janet???the voice of reason???:upsidedow
So....after all the build up to these parent/teacher meetings, all went....well! Both older girls are doing well, and the teacher in question only had good things to say and even invited me in to do volunteering! We touched on the scissor subject, and I see it from her point of view a bit better too. It's all good, sorry for the anti-climactic ending ladies!

Thanks for all the support though.
Anti-climatic is good!!!!!Jen I am glad it went well!!

:rotfl2: Oh you! I loved POR... that sounds like a wonderful compromise, especially with that savings. :thumbsup2
::yes:: I agree (and I am SO not the voice of reason)
Just got back from gymnastics and a birthday dinner for DD6!!! :p

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! She appreciates it!! ::yes::
:lovestruc:lovestruc
Hello ladies...finally called today & put a deposit on WL, woods vw for next August. My girls asked if that was where we were definitely staying for which I replied "yes....for now anyways" :rotfl2:
:hyper: Yay for WL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wanted to say that before I forgot...)

Never say never. Truth for an RC'er. :thumbsup2

I do like to hear you on CL though. It helps keep me thinking. I would be dumping CL at YC but my hotels.com ressie is only costing me $70 more then the cheapest room available now so there really isn't any savings to lose it.

Unfortunately, I'm in a keep GF/Dolphin mood again.
:lmao: Oh boy....

I've seen pictures of the pool at AKL at night, and honestly it looks like a tropical oasis. Just beautiful.
It is amazing Candace!!!

Heather

:wave2: Heather

An early Happy Thanksgiving to all the RC friends.

I am formulating our plan for 2013 (I gotta be planning something) and a split seems most likely. We both have three days park hoppers that are good till the end of Sept. I'm kinda thinking we'll do 3 nights AKL followed by 4 nights at the Yacht Club.
I can't add on days to these tickets, but I might buy a one day one park for us and visit the Animal Kingdom while we're near.
It would mean we'll miss food and wine next year, but that's ok. It will be there the year after. :rotfl:

Heather-Love the AKL pictures!:dance3:

JC-Hope you have a lovely, restful Thanksgiving.:goodvibes

MM-Will CRO have the rest of the week off, or will they be receiving a call?? :laughing:

Miss-I am having fun following along on your steps to a delicious turkey!:cool1:

Melissa-I totally agree with you about Yacht Club. It is fabulous! :yay:

Pas-It's always fun to follow along with the trip planning and changes with Pas and company. :thumbsup2

DetTigsGal-Enjoy your pool time, sounds wonderful!:cheer2:

That's about all from here. Waving :wave: hi to friends I missed, hope everyone has a great day!

Just wanted to stop by to wish my RC Family a Happy Thanksgiving :grouphug:

Just poppin' by to say...

In the spirit of tomorrow, I'm so very thankful for my RCing gals. :grouphug: All of you are tremendously wonderful women and I'm lucky to be a part of this thread. :worship:

I, too want to wish a Happy Thanksgiving!!! to all of my RC peeps!!!!

I am thankful that we have each other to keep ourselves sane and also I am thankful that our lives are such that WHAT RESORT TO STAY AT IN DISNEY is such a prime focus in life! ;)

Love you all!!! :grouphug:

NICE PIC PAS!!! I agree.....Candace, it's amazing no matter where you stay at AKL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it there....... :) You will too, I just know it!

I've been cooking and cleaning all day, but just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

I am very thankful for having found this amazing group!!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Happy thanksgiving!!! In nyc on a transport. Lights are beautiful weather perfect...

Oh and Aug 25 until Sept 1st gf gv

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter