And at Last I See the Light...Or at Least the Tangled Bathrooms! **COMPLETED 2/8**

Love the update. We go to the Polynesian resort and get dole whip, it is self service so we have a contest, who can make the tallest dole whip. I never win but I get more there then I do at WDW.

I just read the last like, 4 updates. I loveeeee splash mountain! I actually had a dream I rode it last night (its the Disney planning...lol) except it was like, more of a water slide in my dream haha!

That sounds like one heck of a good dream! Disney dreaming is always the best. I suppose it makes sense that Splash Mountain was a water slide, considering it's a water ride. I just don't know how you'd maneuver yourself during the parts where there's a lacking in drops!

Love the update. We go to the Polynesian resort and get dole whip, it is self service so we have a contest, who can make the tallest dole whip. I never win but I get more there then I do at WDW.

Thank you! Next time we're in Disney World, we'll definitely have to make our own Dole Whips at the Polynesian; that sounds like so much fun! The more Dole Whip, the better!

June 13th (Part Eleven)-"Like a bolt out of the blue!"

WARNING: This update might have an emotional tendency, due to the fact that it is basically all about Wishes.
And that's quite a tear-inducing show.

Last we left off, we had just secured ourselves a splendid spot for the Magic Kingdom nighttime shows.
To give you an idea of our location, here's a picture of the castle we were in front of.

ry%3D400

We were a ways beyond the Partners Statue, but also a ways in front of the shops on Main Street. It was quite a lovely area, despite the high population-density of sweaty people. That factor made a big contribution to the heat; the rest of my family was a little sour about that, but we were in the process of waiting for Wishes, so it was okay with me. I mean, it had been ridiculously scorching all day, I could deal with that for a little while longer.
The castle was changing colors before our eyes!

ry%3D400

So gorgeous. Even while just waiting for the shows to start, I started to get a bit teary-eyed. It was bitter-sweet; I was in the Magic Kingdom and having an absolute BLAST and Disney is just perfect to an infinite power; but my dear friends whom I watching Wishes with in April and whom I love very very much were lacking in presence at that moment. Our Celebrate the Magic/Wishes viewing in April was a very feely experience and I won't turn this into a hysterical sob story, but it was very special and I was missing them BIG TIME.

Before I knew it, Celebrate the Magic had begun and it was as adorable as ever! But that Tangled portion. Oh boy. That's always what gets me. It's probably partly because my love for that movie is GINORMOUS and partly because the version of "I See the Light" that they use is so beautiful and the lanterns on the castle is just an image of complete flawlessness.

ry%3D400

So yeah. At that point, the tears taking refuge in my eyes leaked their way out a slight amount.
And then.
Then Wishes started.
That's an even more immaculate show than Celebrate the Magic.
I could barely handle it.
It was definitely feels-central; my tears were then flowing freely.

ry%3D400

There are no words that exist in the English dictionary to accurately describe how stunning and inspirational this show is. Combine the visuals with the history of how it came to be, and it's just--WOW. This sensation overcomes you and it's part melancholy, part euphoric. I don't even know. It's crazy.

ry%3D400

Jiminy Cricket is one insightful insect.

ry%3D400

On a less emotionally-taxing note, there was a group of guys, probably college-aged, near us and they were being semi-obnoxious. They were cheering very loudly during both shows and it was irritating. I understand that people cheer for these amazing spectaculars because, obviously, they're magnificent. Even if I can't make coherent noises because of all the emotions I'm feeling, others can. But these people were just taking it too far by shouting once almost every fifteen seconds and doing it VERY loudly and not exactly respectfully. It was bothersome. Sorry for the rant.
But it didn't ruin my experience, so that's a good thing!

ry%3D400

Before the show concluded, I did as dreamers do and wished upon a star (or firework, I guess).
Then it was over and we headed back down Main Street. Thankfully there were TONS of people, so I was able to control the leak in my eyes (I should really get that looked at) before we had to personally encounter any people.

ry%3D400

Before we ended our wonderful day, there was one thing still left on our agenda: the Main Street Confectionery!

ry%3D400

These character caramel apples looked SO GOOD. I love how in Downtown Disney at Disneyland, you can look through a window and watch them being created!

ry%3D400

Unfortunately, this was not the treat I bought.

This was:

ry%3D400

A vanilla Mickey cake pop! I first discovered this delectable, sugary concoction two years ago and it's one of my favorites! I just wish it would be bigger because, you know, food. FOOD IS THE BEST.

Nick got a chocolate Mickey cake pop, in the color of blue. He also loved his! But I forgot to take a picture of that one.

Then we headed on that dreaded journey out of the Magic Kingdom. But don't worry--our fabulous Disney adventure had only just begun! We still had about four more days in the happiest place on earth!

We hiked it all the way down to bus stop number seventeen.

ry%3D400

When we got there, the amount of people waiting was not unlike the amount we found at the bus stop in the morning. Eventually, a huge bus came; it looked like this.

ry%3D400

IT WAS NOT AN OFFICIAL DISNEY BUS.
I was not-so-secretly hoping that we wouldn't fit on it, so we could get the next bus that was bound to be a real Disney bus.
My family just wanted to sit down and get to Pop Century.

BUT MY WISHES WERE GRANTED (thanks Jiminy) AND THE STRANGE, BORING BUS REACHED FULL CAPACITY BEFORE WE GOT TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE.
The next bus that came was indeed a Disney bus and we got on this one!

ry%3D400

I was extremely happy, even though I did have to stand. Honestly, I don't mind doing that at all. When you've been on your feet all day, it doesn't make a difference if you stand for a few more minutes.

We arrived at Pop Century and walked the long distance to our room, took showers, and, around midnight, greeted sleep like an old friend.

Next Post

I know just what you're saying about Wishes. I love that show. I don't care how many times I see it, it still gets to me everytime! I think those caramel apples are adorable too. The question is, does anyone ever buy them? I've never actually bought one; I've never seen anyone actually buy one; and in all the trip reports I've read I have never seen anyone actually buy one either. (Though everyone does seem to take pictures of them.) It is a mystery to me because obviously they get bought or else they wouldn't keep selling them. But who buys them? Who?:rotfl:

I know just what you're saying about Wishes. I love that show. I don't care how many times I see it, it still gets to me everytime! I think those caramel apples are adorable too. The question is, does anyone ever buy them? I've never actually bought one; I've never seen anyone actually buy one; and in all the trip reports I've read I have never seen anyone actually buy one either. (Though everyone does seem to take pictures of them.) It is a mystery to me because obviously they get bought or else they wouldn't keep selling them. But who buys them? Who?:rotfl:

Oh, Wishes. I love how Dissers just GET Disney and all of it's emotional magic.
I actually bought a Mickey caramel apple two years ago from Goofy's Candy Co. in Downtown Disney. It was really really good! Maybe it's just that they're so ginormous that people don't want to carry them around everywhere?

I do love Wishes but not in that crowd of people. Nope not happening, we have stayed at Bay Lake Tower and go to the Top of the World and sit and relax. Have a drink or a appetizer or both while we are waiting to see Wishes.

The lanterns scene in the movie makes me cry EVERY time! So I am anticipating my first viewing of Celebrate the Magic next month complete with lanterns scene will do the same. :rotfl: I always cry during Wishes too, so I'm with ya on that one. It just all gets to me that I'm in such an amazing place that I love SO much, and seeing something that is just so perfectly DISNEY to me that it results in lots of emotion coming through.

I have been seeing more and more people post about these cake pops, and now I'm determined that I need to have one myself!

I :lmao: at your bus story!

I do love Wishes but not in that crowd of people. Nope not happening, we have stayed at Bay Lake Tower and go to the Top of the World and sit and relax. Have a drink or a appetizer or both while we are waiting to see Wishes.

Oh my goodness, that sounds SO relaxing. I've always wanted to stay at Bay lake Tower or the Contemporary (that's my dream resort) just for the view of Magic Kingdom. From the pictures I've seen, I've drawn the conclusion that it is absolutely breathtaking. To be there in person would just be amazing.

The lanterns scene in the movie makes me cry EVERY time! So I am anticipating my first viewing of Celebrate the Magic next month complete with lanterns scene will do the same. :rotfl: I always cry during Wishes too, so I'm with ya on that one. It just all gets to me that I'm in such an amazing place that I love SO much, and seeing something that is just so perfectly DISNEY to me that it results in lots of emotion coming through.

I have been seeing more and more people post about these cake pops, and now I'm determined that I need to have one myself!

I :lmao: at your bus story!

Aww, I hope you have a magical time on your trip next month!
You'll definitely fall in love with Celebrate the Magic. It's beautiful and enhances the build up to Wishes so much.
And I completely understand what you said about Wishes. There's really nothing else like it in the entire world.
Mmmmm those cake pops are delicious!

Thank you for your wonderful trip report and all the beautiful photographs! I am a huge Tangled fan too, and would love to hear about anything else 'Tangled' from your trip :)

Thank you for your wonderful trip report and all the beautiful photographs! I am a huge Tangled fan too, and would love to hear about anything else 'Tangled' from your trip :)

Aww, you're welcome!
And thank you for that wonderful comment! :)
No worries, there's another Tangled bathroom visit coming up, PLUS a meet and greet with Rapunzel herself!

June 14th (Part One)-An early Epcot morning!

After getting a good night's sleep, we got up bright and early!
We all did our usual morning routines and left our room around 7:40.

ry%3D400

Upon arrival at the bus stop, I found this probably-unintentional Hidden Mickey!

ry%3D400

While we were waiting for an Epcot bus to show up, a woman near us in line told me she thought my dress was adorable and asked where I bought it. It was the one I had gotten yesterday in Adventureland, so I told her that! But you can practically buy it anywhere; I've seen it in so many different places!

Also, one of the newly remodeled buses pulled up for another park while we were in line and my dad, ever so hilarious, said, "Look, it's the Cirque du Soleil show: La New-bus!"
Oh, father. You'll see that his bad jokes were a reoccurring theme this day.

The bus finally came and I took a family picture to document our time on this sacred vehicle.

ry%3D400

Then we arrived at Epcot!
My mom and I went through bag check while the boys went on ahead, and then we waited in line for the park to open.

ry%3D400

We got to use these fancy things as we made our way through!

ry%3D400

And then, obviously, the ever-so-photogenic Epcot ball was sufficiently photographed by me.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.
Anyway, once that was over, we journeyed farther into the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!

ry%3D400

My mother adores this fountain like no other.

ry%3D400

So. The question is this: which ride were we headed to first?

The answer is...

TEST TRACK!

The line was posted as forty minutes, so my mom got us Fastpasses while the rest of us stood in the stand-by line.

This was our place when we first queued up:

ry%3D400

I think it was this long only because they hadn't opened the whole maze of the line yet. It moved pretty quickly.

EMPTY MISSION: SPACE COURTYARD.

ry%3D400

I was the only person in my family who had ridden the new Test Track, due to the band trip in April, and I LOVED it.
The rest of my family was BEYOND excited to experience it for themselves!

ry%3D400

YAY WE MADE IT INSIDE!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My parents made a car together, which I didn't get a picture of. Nick and I made one together and after much contemplation, it ended up like this:

ry%3D400

Solid.

We just went crazy with it, choosing random accessories, and hoped for the best!

Then we made it to the loading area!

ry%3D400

We all buckled up and took off!

ry%3D400

Here's our ride photo (with the addition of two random strangers who were seated with us):

ry%3D400

Everybody absolutely LOVED this ride! It's so much fun and very Tron-esque.
We were all thankful we had Fastpasses so we could go on a second time!

At the end, there's a room that tells you how well your car did during all of the tests combined, and the car Nick and I designed had the top score of the day!

ry%3D400

We were so excited!

Then we journeyed closer to the exit and Nick found this car-racing game he wanted to try out.

ry%3D400

Since we had about half an hour before our Fastpasses for Test Track were valid, we decided to travel on over to Mission Space!

Next Post

Subbing in! I love how detailed your posts are; it'll help tide me over until my trip in November! I also love your report title- it even fits into the song perfectly! Tangled and Rapunzel are my favorite movie and princess (as you can tell by my avatar pic- that's me in a dress and wig I made for myself last year for a convention). I'm SUPER excited to finally see the new bathroom area; it was still under construction when we were there for Christmas last year.

Can't wait for the next update!

I love all the pictures of the Epcot ball! That is one long line into Test Track! I'm glad you like the new version of the ride. I didn't like it as much as the old version. For me it was too Tron. LOL I did like the making your own car thing though. That was fun.

Subbing in! I love how detailed your posts are; it'll help tide me over until my trip in November! I also love your report title- it even fits into the song perfectly! Tangled and Rapunzel are my favorite movie and princess (as you can tell by my avatar pic- that's me in a dress and wig I made for myself last year for a convention). I'm SUPER excited to finally see the new bathroom area; it was still under construction when we were there for Christmas last year.

Can't wait for the next update!

Aww, thank you! Glad to have you here!
You made the wig and dress for yourself?! That's SO COOL. They look perfect!
You're going to love the bathrooms! They're so incredibly detailed. It's insane.

I love all the pictures of the Epcot ball! That is one long line into Test Track! I'm glad you like the new version of the ride. I didn't like it as much as the old version. For me it was too Tron. LOL I did like the making your own car thing though. That was fun.

Thanks! The Epcot ball is just so stunning--especially at night.
I'm not really sure which version of Test Track I like better. I like the pre-ride movie thing that the old one had, but I do like the look of this one much more than. The old one just seemed to...industrialized, I guess. The gray and yellow and orange just reminded me of a construction zone. It's more futuristic now.
And making your own car is seriously a blast! It's such a creative idea and I love how the Imagineers thought of adding that element in!

June 14th (Part Two)-Exploring Mars, Test Track ride numero dos, and FOOD.

I'm sorry about the lack of updates lately. School and homework and extracurricular activities have started taking control of my free time; also, rehearsals for the fall play at my school have started and that's definitely going to keep me busy. Weekends are probably the only times I'll be able to post, but I'll try to get about three posts done per weekend. Anyway, with that being said, let this update commence!

ry%3D400

We got in line for Mission: Space and, since my father can't handle intense rides, we opted for the green team.

ry%3D400

The wait time was literally zero. There was no one else there; even the orange side only had a posted wait of ten minutes. I love when that happens!
We moved into this room:

ry%3D400

And were joined by only one other family. It was great! No sweaty bodies pressed together by the limited space!
We successfully landed on Mars after a few programmed mishaps and regained the feeling of gravity when we walked out through the gift shop.
This is one of my all-time favorite Hidden Mickeys:

ry%3D400

It's on the ceiling basically right in the middle of the gift shop.

Then it was time to use our Test Track Fastpasses!

ry%3D400

We were all ready for our second time on it that day.

The first time we went on, we used our Key to the World cards to store our car on, but this time, they didn't even ask us if we had KTTW cards and just handed us these white, blank ones.

ry%3D400

I didn't understand why, but we just went with it!

This time, Nick and I's car ended up looking like this:

ry%3D400

We thought it was adorable.

This was the car of my mother and father.

ry%3D400

Everyone was pretty proud of their creations.

We arrived in the loading area and the lighting was casting multiple shadows of Nick's face on the wall. The effect was rather interesting and looked like this:

ry%3D400

Our ride was great and we were yet again placed with two random strangers.
For the photo, Nick and I had the idea that he would pretend to be asleep and I would be freaking out and trying to grab the wheel from him so we didn't crash. However, the angle that the picture was taken from makes it look kind of weird, because you can't see my distressed face. I'm pretty sure the guy next to us thought we were the oddest people he's ever come across in his life.

ry%3D400

After we got off Test Track, we all decided we were starving because we hadn't even eaten breakfast yet! How could we let that happen?

So we embarked on a journey to the Land Pavilion!

ry%3D400

I'm in love with the mosaic murals on the walls before you walk in.

ry%3D400

Then we entered the pavilion and made our way to the Seasons food court!

ry%3D400

Mom went to get Soarin' Fastpasses first, and then joined the rest of us.

I had been hearing great things about the croissant berry pudding, so I thought I'd give it a try. This was one of the best decisions of my life.

ry%3D400

It was delicious! I love bread pudding, I love croissants, I love berries...so why wouldn't I love this? Definitely one of the best breakfast creations EVER.

Nick got a cinnamon roll.

ry%3D400

Mom got an adult breakfast platter.

ry%3D400

Dad got banana bread.

ry%3D400

Besides the delectable heaven that my croissant berry pudding bestowed on me, the food was pretty standard.

As I was waiting for everybody to finish up eating (I had basically inhaled mine), I took pictures of the little items that dangle off of the balloons hanging from the ceiling. I had never noticed that tiny detail before!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

When everybody was full enough, we headed over to one of the most underappreciated rides ever: Living With the Land!

Next Post

June 14th (Part Three)-An abundance of plant life and MY FAVORITE PURPLE DRAGON.

Here is where we discovered that the reason there were hardly any people at Mission: Space was because apparently Living With the Land was the place to be.
The wait time was 30 minutes!
Since when did this ride get so popular?!
Maybe the general public realized how wonderful this ride actually is and decided to honor it by overpopulating the line.
Despite the high density level of crowds, we went on anyway!

ry%3D400

Since we had time to actually stand there and read what's written on the wall, I took advantage of that and picked out my favorite quote:

ry%3D400

Children are honestly the world's smartest people. Adults seem to dwell on facts and logic and reason, whereas children use their imagination and have the ability to think outside of the box. Some adults are like that too, though, which is absolutely a good thing, but there's just something about kids that makes them so inspirational.

Anyway, I also FINALLY found the Hidden Mickey I've been trying to hunt down for about two years! It's in the gigantic mural behind the loading area that spans the entire wall.

ry%3D400

I bought a Hidden Mickey book two years ago and brought it with me all over Epcot, obsessively trying to find these hidden gems.
This is one of them that eluded me and I was very disappointed at the time. The year after that, I probably rode this ride at least five times and still couldn't find it.
AND THIS TIME I DID. It was such a triumphant moment and I was freaking out big time.

We eventually made our way onto one of the boats!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We saw a Cast Member cleaning the fish tanks, which was ultra exciting!

ry%3D400

Hidden Mickey (that's really not that hidden and sort of obvious)!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

These nine-pound lemons are my favorite part of the ride and always have been.

ry%3D400

The lettuce spells out Epcot! Oh, those clever Imagineers.

ry%3D400

We saw a select group of people taking a tour and that was also a highlight of our journey!

ry%3D400

The family decided to head over to Journey into Imagination next!
However, we got to take a super secret backstage route there!
I WAS HYPERVENTILATING.
We went to the bathrooms near Soarin' and the doors over there were open. I've never seen that happen before; maybe it was because the area was so congested?
Anyway, there was a Cast Member standing guard over there and told us that we could leave the pavilion that way!
SO WE OBVIOUSLY DID.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And what's even better, we ended up right here!

ry%3D400

Exactly where we wanted to go!

ry%3D400

I don't know what was up today, but Epcot was SUPER popular.
Journey into Imagination had a 15 MINUTE WAIT TIME. LIKE WHAT. THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN EVER.
Seriously, it's always a walk-on whenever I go on it, so this was disturbing. I mean, it's great that people are recognizing Figment's spectacular charm, but this just doesn't happen.

ry%3D400

See how long that line was? Craziness.

We made it to the front eventually, and I was reunited with my beloved!

ry%3D400

My life was finally complete again. We were unable to visit his upside-down open house in April and it was a bit devastating. BUT NOW ALL WAS WELL.

We followed Figment's footprints and imagination into the Imageworks activity center.

ry%3D400

Then we went into the gift shop; I was planning on buying a Figment shirt, but for some reason decided against it. I just didn't like the selections they had, and I figured I could find something better.

We exited the gift shop and paid a visit to Nick's favorite part of Epcot: the bouncing water fountains.

ry%3D400

Next Post

June 14th (Part Four)-A Reoccurring Theme of Water

We left off at the bouncing water fountains!

ry%3D400

Nick is very obsessed with them; but really, who wouldn't be?

He got a little wet.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

While Nick was getting decently drenched, I photographed this lovely fountain!

ry%3D400

The clouds look so majestic.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we decided to head over to The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

Bloat is my favorite.

ry%3D400

The crowds were seriously going crazy today; they were going for all the rides that usually have five-minute wait times! This one was 40 minutes. So, we decided to skip it and just go visit the aquariums!

ry%3D400

This is my friend Jacob's absolute favorite place in all of Disney World. He's stated that he could spend a whole day in here and never ever get tired.
So I had to take multiple pictures and send them to him.
Beware: there's an onslaught of aquarium pictures coming up and not very many words. READY SET GO.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hidden Mickey!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we had spent a large amount of time studying the swimming patterns of fish, we checked out the wait time for Nemo & Friends again. It had drastically gone down to about 20 minutes and Nick really wanted to ride it, so we did!

ry%3D400

This is always a ridiculously adorable ride.

ry%3D400

We got stuck at this part:

ry%3D400

The song that plays here, 'In the Big Blue World,' is a favorite of mine; yes, it's yet another obsession. So being stuck was fine with me!
From what I remember, we were there for quite some time and I almost fell asleep at one point. But we started moving again and once we got off, we went to Turtle Talk with Crush!

ry%3D400

I can't remember specifics from this show, but I do remember laughing quite a bit.

Then we decided to ditch our aquatic streak and head towards Spaceship Earth!

Next Post

Yay! The Living Seas is my favorite part of EPCOT too:thumbsup2 We had a really cool experience with one of the manatees last time we were there. She was just twirling around like she was dancing in the water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter