An Imagineer Fell For Bill - **New 10/19 Last 2 installments**

I'm a little late joining in, but am loving the start of this TR - well, except the bus issue.

I think you should get a job with WDW and be in charge of the busses - seriously!

Thanks for joining us!! I would love to be in charge of the busses, not just for the accessibility factor. I can't stand it when bus after bus after bus goes to one stop while so many people are waiting at the other ones. Why can't they do this better?

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Your flowers were beautiful! Bill is so thoughtful.

The wait for busses is always terrible at DTD, but an hour and a half wait is totally unacceptable! Especially that late at night!

Thanks for posting. Bill is a great guy :). I was not happy that night.

Subscribing! I always enjoy your trip reports and purposely search for them on the DIS.

Thank you so much, that is such a sweet thing to say.

Hi There!

I hope you don't mind me joining in! I was down at WDW at the same time as you and I really wanted to go the D23 seminars. It was a family and friends vacation, and I didn't really want to take time away from them, so I'm really interested to see how it all went.

How neat that you met a celebrity! I wouldn't have recognized him, but I do know some of his songs. Awesome that he was so nice to you!

I'm glad you had such a nice meal at T-Rex! We've eaten there once and had a nice time also! I just love the shirt picture that you posted! I'll have to look for it next time we're at Disney, it is just perfect for little boys!

So sorry you had trouble with the buses, that really is unfortunate. I hope it didn't ruin your evening, and I hope that you only had good bus luck for the rest of your trip!

Thanks for joining us. I understand not wanting to take time away from the family/friends vacation. I thought that shirt was so cute. Busses were better for the rest of the trip.

Hey! Looking forward to hearing more! I am a big fan of your reports!

Thanks for posting :goodvibes.

We were up at 9am at the bus stop by 10:30am. Before we left I cancelled the Crystal Palace reservation I had for later and booked a 50’s Prime Time Café reservation. When we left our room we saw an army of landscapers:

May2011blackcamera103.jpg

This sign made me sad and it stayed there our whole trip:

May2011blackcamera104.jpg

Bill was so happy to be back at DHS, the home of his favorite ride. We headed to Indiana Jones and got a seat up at the top, we normally go down front but the sun was shining down there and it was already hot so we decided to stay in the shade.

droidpictures125.jpg

By now I was missing Toni aka oregonmommyof2 so much. We had such a great time with them on the last trip and we try to talk every day so I texted with her quite a bit this day. I finally turned my attention to the show, I love watching reactions from the crowd during this show, especially the part where the “tourist” gets beaten up. It is so funny to see the looks on people’s faces when they are watching.

It was time to check in to 50’s. I decided to start a little game on FB posting a picture to see if people could tell me where I had taken the picture. I
posted this one:

droidpictures126.jpg

We were called to our table and our server wasn’t playful, that’s ok there was one close to our area that was a hoot and we watched her. It has been a long time since we had done lunch, Bill thought he would give the “Sampling of Mom’s favorite recipes” a try:

May2011blackcamera109.jpg

I went with the fried chicken:

May2011blackcamera110.jpg

We were so happy to be back in DHS, we just kept smiling at each other. Bill LOVED his meal, you can’t go wrong with Crispy-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings. He says he wants that every time.

I had to order the S’mores in honor of my DBFF oregonmommyof2 aka Toni. I texted her this picture:

droidpictures128.jpg

What she texted next had me laughing outloud and the next table looked at me like I was crazy, she said:

“OMG, I want to lick the phone!!”

She always knows how to make me laugh even when she isn’t feeling well. That day I was worried about her, she had a bad ear infection and I felt awful sending her texts with “look what fun we are having” while she was in pain.

We finished our lunch, watched part of the Pixar parade, and made our way over to Beauty and the Beast. I know you have seen multiple pictures from this show from us, we just can’t help ourselves. We adore this show.

May2011blackcamera128.jpg

We got there early enough to go down front, where I got so sit beside Bill, unlike how things went down in the Dec. 2010 trip. While we were waiting CM’s were seating other people with disabilities. A man was wheeling his son past us, a gorgeous little boy with Cerebral Palsy, and the Dad commented on Bill’s shoes. He has Larry Bird 33’s by Sketchers. The man said he loved the Larry Bird shoes, Bill and I smiled and Bill said thanks. On our first couple of WDW trips Bill had special shoes because he had ankle issues and his right foot was turned inward. Then one summer he had tendon release surgery and was able to wear “normal” shoes for the first time. He has gotten so many compliments over those shoes, we just think it is hilarious how much attention Larry Bird shoes get
confused24.gif

Time for an over abundance of Beauty and the Beast pictures:

May2011blackcamera117.jpg

May2011blackcamera118.jpg

May2011blackcamera119.jpg

May2011blackcamera120.jpg

May2011blackcamera123.jpg

May2011blackcamera126.jpg

May2011blackcamera127.jpg

After the show we decided to look around some shops. I had been texting with Toni about Dooney’s and sent her this picture to see if this was the purse she was talking about:

droidpictures130.jpg

It wasn’t, but she liked looking at the picture anyway. You could say Toni has a bit of an obsession with Disney Dooney’s.

We took a ride on our favorite attraction ever Toy Story Mania and decided to get in line for the finale of AMERICAN IDOL!! Does anyone besides me hear Ryan Seacrest in their head every time I see those words?? Just me??? Ok
rolleye11.gif

Last time we had went to the show we were in the very back of the theater. This time they sent us to be up front. We didn’t have that long a wait and they opened up the doors. I took a couple of pictures while we waited for the show to start:

May2011blackcamera132.jpg

May2011blackcamera133.jpg

We made our way to the bus stop and made our way back to Pop:

May2011blackcamera139.jpg

Bill doesn’t care for these lift busses, he prefers the ones where the ramp folds out. We got dinner at the Pop food court and had to get this for dessert:

May2011blackcamera140.jpg

Made us think of sweet little Gavin from our December trip. I will always remember him yelling “THEY HAVE CARROT CAKE” to Tammy when we met them. It always makes us smile.

Night time at Pop Century:

May2011blackcamera142.jpg

May2011blackcamera143.jpg

Next installment… Topiaries everywhere part 1

I had to order the S’mores in honor of my DBFF oregonmommyof2 aka Toni. I texted her this picture:

droidpictures128.jpg

What she texted next had me laughing outloud and the next table looked at me like I was crazy, she said:

“OMG, I want to lick the phone!!”

She always knows how to make me laugh even when she isn’t feeling well. That day I was worried about her, she had a bad ear infection and I felt awful sending her texts with “look what fun we are having” while she was in pain.

And now I want to lick my computer screen... :tongue:

I loved all the text messages I got while you were on your trip! I was in bed the whole time with that darn ear infection and you were my only source to the outside world!! Well, you and Facebook... :laughing:

I loved the platter at 50's Prime Time! You're so right, who wouldn't love the sampling of the offerings that they have.

Your trip reports are always so wonderful to read! You do a great job with both words and pictures. But I think this one was missing a photo - we need to see those shoes! ;)

Sounds like such a nice, relaxing day. Wish I could spend today just like that.

Nice day! :thumbsup2 Oh and yes, one must say that show as, "This! I-i-i-s ....... American Idol!" in Ryan's voice. :rolleyes:

I didn't know 50's PTC had a sampler platter, I will have to try that next time, it looked delicious.:thumbsup2

Mmmm... That sampler of Mom's favorites looks good! :thumbsup2 I have a hard time deciding at 50s PTC... maybe that's the way to go next time.

We've never seen the American Idol show but I'm sure I'd be comparing it to the real thing.

50's PT is on our list for next year. IT was a toss up between there and Sci Fi (jimmy's loves both) but he told me I have to set the table becasue he got stuck doing it last time!:lmao:

How was the Bell in your show? Lessa was saying when she was there she was awful!

Sounds like you guys had a nice day at DHS. You fit quite a few shows into one day! That sampler platter at 50's Prime Time looks delicious!!!

Thats the "where are we" picture I got right on facebook! :thumbsup2
I have never stopped to watch Beauty and the Beast or the Indiana Jones show but I will try in October! I am looking forward to the new Star Tours though! Love the food at 50's-the sampler must be new-it looks good!

Sounds like a fun day. My husband had that dessert at the 50's too. It was so cool he didn't even want to est it :thumbsup2

What a great day!!! I want to see the finale of AE on one of my trips... Eryka would love it!!!

I still haven't seen Beauty and the Beast but it is priority this trip!!!

He Goofy Pop Jets were not operational when we were there the following week:confused3
We at at 50's with our kids for the first time and had a playful waiter, of course my 16 year old tried to get in trouble..LOL and my 9 year old wasn't quite sure when he was told "no shooting at the table" with his new Star Wars gun...:darth:
Someday I will get to see the Beauty and Beast show, every time I tell my family "I am seeing it this time", but something always happens:sad1:

Without question 50's PTC is on my list next time!
Also on my first time see list is the Indy show.

looks like you had another great time! Beauty and the Beast is my fav show after FOTLK.

And as a HUGE Celts fan, I too want to see those shoes.:banana:

Looks like a great day in DHS!

I can't wait to try 50's PT, now. :goodvibes I'm in love with all the Disney Dooney's and can't wait to add another to my collection!

OMGosh! WDW is the only place I eat carrot cake - it's the best!:thumbsup2

Hi Tracy. I see it's another trip report that I'm late for, but not too late.

I think when I stayed at Pop, I had the room next to where yours was, or at least very close (we had the corner room right by the Big Wheel).

Every time I see pop pictures makes me wanna stay there again. Boys get to chose were we stay next and they chose riverside. I keep wanting to try 50's and never have. Maybe we should next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter