An Anniversary Trip Full of Favorites-May 2012 PTR!*TR Link 5/14 & Question 5/15 p32*

Great ADR choices!!! I would definitely recommend the filet at California Grill - at least when we went, they used Waygu beef, so it was SUPER tender and wonderful.

I haven't been to breakfast at Cape May Cafe, but I can highly recommend Boma for breakfast. I know it's a hike, but it's a really really great buffet. Closer to the Beach Club, we love Kouzzina for breakfast. Really great food, and a nice, relaxing atmosphere.

I want to try California Grill sooooo bad. As much as I hope we can take Caitlin if we go in Feb, I wouldn't mind going with just an adult who actually eats food.

You should try Cape May for breakfast. I think you'll like it. It's nice and quiet. The characters pass through but there is no dancing or parades like the other places. Plus the food was pretty good.

I didn't know you were going back in the fall? I thought you were taking this trip b/c you weren't going in Sept. :confused3

Awesome ADRs :D !!!!!!

I think you will like California Grill! The food and atmosphere are wonderful!!!
I'll have to take a look at the menu they have up and fill you in on anything we've ate that was good/bad; though I don't remember having a bad meal there!!

You will love the Cali Grill, that's all I'm going to say!

Do you like sushi? It's really good there and the flat breads are amazing!

Great ADRS!

Looks like you got some good ADRs. Mama Melrose's is yummy!

Your ADRs look great! I had the filet at Cali Grill (it wasn't on the menu, but I asked if it was available...it was!), and it was yummilicious. Highly recommended!

Looks like you've made some great choices!! I think we need to give Le Cellier another try sometime...

I've been wanting to try Cape May for dinner but I'm not the biggest fan of buffets and I don't like seafood but their other options and dessert looks delicious! :) We had a great meal at Cali Grill, our server was very attentive and we had a window table. It is noisy in there, though!

Great choices! :thumbsup2

We always eat at Cali Grill our last night on vacation and I can't imagine leaving Disney without it! I love :lovestruc the pork tenderloin and we always start with a flatbread,yum!

We have eaten at Cape May twice for breakfast and love it as well:lovestruc

Hey I'm here to follow along! I'm jealous that you can convince your husband to go back :laughing: I'm trying hard to convince mine but I just can't seem to do that.

California Grill was my favorite place! Don't know if sushi is your thing, but we looooooved the spicy kazan roll. It was amazing! I want to go back there just to eat that. I also had the pork tenderloin. The pork was soooo delicious. However, I must warn you about the goat cheese polenta. You really have to like goat cheese, lots of goat cheese. I took small bites but just couldn't get over that stinky feet taste. The pork more than made up for it though for me. I had the valhorna chocolate cake for dessert which was smores flavored at that time. Yum! I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Amusingly enough, I have not eaten at any of these, but they all sounds great! Maybe Brandon will break his plate record at Cape May this trip.:laughing:

Picking 4 had to be hard, though. How do you narrow so many choices down? I think you did a good job of it, though!:thumbsup2

I missed this! Yay for getting it set up and everything at the Beach Club. Though no Captain's Grille reservation yet??? I will find a way to make one for you (esp. as I haven't really been able to eat real food the past couple days and all I can think about are their vinegar fries and my chicken and prosciutto sandwich). I suppose breakfast is an okay choice (esp. the cinnamon-maple butter, which sounds AMAZING. I love flavored butters).

I've never been to Cali Grill and I'm kind of disappointed I won't have a chance until post-refurb. The signatures are just so expensive!

I love Mama Melrose and Cape May. We've not done California Grill -- I read good and bad about it. I know you and Brandon love LeCellier; we were very disappointed with our last meal there in September and probably won't go back for several years (but I'd love to get the soup to go).

We're only doing one dinner in September (we have three breakfasts and two lunches...everything else will be counter servie around WS, etc.).

I'm excited to go back to Mama Melrose, we haven't been there since November 2010 so it will be nice to eat there again! I can't wait for CA Grill, I've read some bad things about it, but most people seem to love it! I can't wait to see the views from up there! I'm so sad that you don't like Le Cellier. :( It's so fantastic, I can't imagine having a bad experience there! Although, people love Tony's and I won't go back there for a loooong time! :rotfl:

Oooohhhhh! ALL nice choices!!! i've never eaten at any of them but i've heard wonderful things about them all and of course being a Canadian I know you can't go wrong with Le Cellier and an awesome steak ;):thumbsup2 lol.

I definitely love your choices. If dd wasn't coming with us i would have chosen some "fancier" restaraunts. For now we are doing 50's, T-Rex, but throwing in Sanaa for something a bit more fancy but with a view of the animals for dd's delight. Oh and a breakfast at Kona on our run day b/c I've heard so much about their wonderful breakfast foods!!

Thanks! Le Cellier is amazing!! :banana:

Sanaa sounds interesting, but I'm SO afraid of it! Same with 50's...I don't want anyone putting me in time out or yelling at me for not eating vegetables, I'm so shy, I would DIE! :rotfl: Brandon would love it, but I'd be so embarrassed! Kona for breakfast is SO good, you will love it!

All your ADRs sound good. California Grill is delish! Pork Tenderloin was the best thing I've ever put in my mouth at DisneyWorld! :)

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I keep hearing about the Pork Tenderloin, I will definitely keep that in mind! It's just so weird, I can't imagine pork being THAT good, but everyone raves about it! :cool1:

Okay, to go along with your lovely quote I just have to say... wouldn't it just be amazing if the Be Our Guest restaurant could open like, tomorrow? AHHH.

So those ADRs sound good, as far as I know... which is not that much, because I've never been to ANY of those places! What the heck? Hahaha but yay anyway!

It WOULD be amazing, I cannot wait to eat there! :yay:

Thanks! You haven't been to Le Cellier??? GO! NOW! And get the cheddar cheese soup! And ask for extra pretzel bread! And the chocolate moose...OMG...you will die!!! (Unless you don't like steak, of course...then it's not really for you! :laughing:)

I agree, the fabulous food and places to eat are part of the fun of Disney!

The only one of your ADRs I've been to is Cape May. I really enjoyed it... and that's coming from someone who doesn't care for seafood, LOL!

It's still not 100% decided if we'll do a Disney trip, but I'm already thinking about where Shane and I would eat! We'd most likely also have 4 ADRs to work with. Lunch at Le Cellier is in consideration, as is CG. Since this would be just the two of us, I'm thinking we should go to the more "adult" restaurants.

Though breakfast at Crystal Palace is one of my favorites. There's nothing weird about 2 grown adults having breakfast with Pooh & Friends, right? ;)

Haha, sometimes I think the reason Brandon agrees to go back is because of the food! That's why he wants to go back in the Fall, Food and Wine! :yay:

YES go to Le Cellier! I hate that dinner is a signature now, which is why I only do lunch there, but it's so amazing!!! I could eat there every day. It's THAT good!

We've been to Crystal Palace 3 times, and it's just the 2 of us, no kids yet! It's a little weird, but we see other adults in there, so it's not so bad. We went to Chef Mickey's once and we were the ONLY people there without kids, so we never went back! We felt so stupid! :laughing: I love Crystal Palace!

Out of all of those, I've only ever eaten at one, Le Cellier! Haha, next Disney trip I have to broaden my restaurant horizons.
I love planning Disney meals too :)

Haha, we try to broaden our restaurant horizons, but we always go back to our favorites! It's hard not to, they're all so good! :cool1: Someday I'd like to do a trip of ALL NEW restaurants, but...I doubt it will ever happen! :rotfl2:

Great choices! I've heard Cape May's breakfast is really good and not as hectic as some of the other breakfast buffets.

Great ADR choices!!! I would definitely recommend the filet at California Grill - at least when we went, they used Waygu beef, so it was SUPER tender and wonderful.

I haven't been to breakfast at Cape May Cafe, but I can highly recommend Boma for breakfast. I know it's a hike, but it's a really really great buffet. Closer to the Beach Club, we love Kouzzina for breakfast. Really great food, and a nice, relaxing atmosphere.

Thanks! I can't WAIT for CA Grilll! The filet sounds wonderful, I will keep that in mind! :thumbsup2

I love Boma for breakfast! But it is really far...I'd like to do either close to BC or Crystal Palace on our MK morning. Kouzzina sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough for that place! The menu is so intimidating to me! :laughing: Even for breakfast!

I want to try California Grill sooooo bad. As much as I hope we can take Caitlin if we go in Feb, I wouldn't mind going with just an adult who actually eats food.

You should try Cape May for breakfast. I think you'll like it. It's nice and quiet. The characters pass through but there is no dancing or parades like the other places. Plus the food was pretty good.

I didn't know you were going back in the fall? I thought you were taking this trip b/c you weren't going in Sept. :confused3

Haha, well, Caitlin might be different then, she might actually like to eat! I can't wait to finally try CA Grill, I've wanted to forever, and now we finally get to! :cool1:

Cape May is quiet for breakfast? I can't imagine a character meal being quiet! I'd like to try it, everything sounds good, and I saw that they have bread pudding, did you try that?

We're not definitely going in the Fall, it's just a possibility. Remember when I was debating between one long trips or two short trips, and it seemed like I was going with the one long trips? Well 2 short ones actually won. But if I'm actually in school by then, it won't happen. We'll see. :confused3

Awesome ADRs :D !!!!!!

I think you will like California Grill! The food and atmosphere are wonderful!!!
I'll have to take a look at the menu they have up and fill you in on anything we've ate that was good/bad; though I don't remember having a bad meal there!!

Thank you!

I think I will like CA Grill too, I look at the menu all the time and it all sounds great! :thumbsup2 And I think Brandon will like it because it has sushi! :laughing:

You will love the Cali Grill, that's all I'm going to say!

Do you like sushi? It's really good there and the flat breads are amazing!

Great ADRS!

Yay, I can't wait! :woohoo:

I like some sushi, but Brandon LOVES it! He ate at the Kona sushi bar once and he still talks about how good it was there. Isn't the sushi chef at CA Grill like, world famous or something? I'm so excited to eat there!

Looks like you got some good ADRs. Mama Melrose's is yummy!

Thanks! I love Mama Melrose's I can't wait to go back! :dance3:

Your ADRs look great! I had the filet at Cali Grill (it wasn't on the menu, but I asked if it was available...it was!), and it was yummilicious. Highly recommended!

Thanks! You're the 2nd one to recommend the filet, I will definitely keep that in mind, it sounds fantastic! :cool1:

Looks like you've made some great choices!! I think we need to give Le Cellier another try sometime...

I've been wanting to try Cape May for dinner but I'm not the biggest fan of buffets and I don't like seafood but their other options and dessert looks delicious! :) We had a great meal at Cali Grill, our server was very attentive and we had a window table. It is noisy in there, though!

Thanks! Le Cellier is awesome, definitely give it another try! :thumbsup2

OMG I'm not a huge seafood person either, but I love Cape May! In fact, I don't think I even get any seafood there. I get the pasta and the steak and chicken...everything is SO yummy! And I'm not a big fan of buffets either (well, except for breakfast) which is why when we go to Cape May I always make us an ADR right when it opens so everything is fresh and not touched too much! I'm really paranoid about that kind of stuff! :laughing: I'm so glad everyone likes CA Grill, I don't care if it's noisy, I'm just going go eat! :cool1:

Great choices! :thumbsup2

We always eat at Cali Grill our last night on vacation and I can't imagine leaving Disney without it! I love :lovestruc the pork tenderloin and we always start with a flatbread,yum!

We have eaten at Cape May twice for breakfast and love it as well:lovestruc

Thanks! Oh great, I hope I don't like it that much that it has to be another "must do" on every trip! :rotfl: Right now we always have to do Le Cellier and Cape May! Thanks for the recommendations, it seems like I'll be deciding between the pork tenderloin or the filet! :thumbsup2 And Cape May sounds great for breakfast!

Hey I'm here to follow along! I'm jealous that you can convince your husband to go back :laughing: I'm trying hard to convince mine but I just can't seem to do that.

California Grill was my favorite place! Don't know if sushi is your thing, but we looooooved the spicy kazan roll. It was amazing! I want to go back there just to eat that. I also had the pork tenderloin. The pork was soooo delicious. However, I must warn you about the goat cheese polenta. You really have to like goat cheese, lots of goat cheese. I took small bites but just couldn't get over that stinky feet taste. The pork more than made up for it though for me. I had the valhorna chocolate cake for dessert which was smores flavored at that time. Yum! I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Yay, welcome! :cheer2: Haha, well, it took some convincing to get Brandon to agree to a May trip, but I'm glad he finally did, I can't wait to go back!

I like some sushi, but I really like to dip it a lot in soy sauce, and Brandon tells me you're not supposed to do that...so I think I just like the rice with soy sauce! But he loves it, so I think he'll be ordering lots of sushi! :laughing: Haha, I like goat cheese, but thanks, I will keep that in mind, I don't know if I'd want to be overwhelmed with it! Mmm that cake sounds amazing!! :love:

Amusingly enough, I have not eaten at any of these, but they all sounds great! Maybe Brandon will break his plate record at Cape May this trip.:laughing:

Picking 4 had to be hard, though. How do you narrow so many choices down? I think you did a good job of it, though!:thumbsup2

Haha, I hope so! :laughing: I wonder how long you can sit there and eat before they kick you out?

Deciding where to eat was hard, I had a few places I got rid of-San Angel Inn, Via Napoli-I just decided to go to our top 3 favorite places (although if I had my way, 'Ohana would be in there :mad:) and then do one signature for our "anniversary" dinner (even though it's not our actual anniversary on that date). I figure we'll be going back, so I can try new places next time! :rotfl2:

I missed this! Yay for getting it set up and everything at the Beach Club. Though no Captain's Grille reservation yet??? I will find a way to make one for you (esp. as I haven't really been able to eat real food the past couple days and all I can think about are their vinegar fries and my chicken and prosciutto sandwich). I suppose breakfast is an okay choice (esp. the cinnamon-maple butter, which sounds AMAZING. I love flavored butters).

I've never been to Cali Grill and I'm kind of disappointed I won't have a chance until post-refurb. The signatures are just so expensive!

Yay, you're here! :thumbsup2

I can't wait for the Beach Club! :lovestruc Haha, no Captain's Grille yet, but I will think about it! I think the breakfast there sounds really good, and cinnamon maple butter? Yum! I've only been there for dinner and we really liked it, but for some reason, we haven't been back! :confused3

Ugh, yeah, the signatures are so expensive, I'm not sure how I'm gonna divide up our TS credits, considering we have 4 credits and with CA Grill being 2, we'll need 5...somewhere will have to be OOP, I'm guessing Cape May, since it's a flat rate for the buffet, but maybe Le Cellier since it's lunch? Although we do like to drink at Le Cellier...I don't know! :rotfl2: Why am I talking about this?

I can't believe they are refurb-ing CA Grill! I hope it stays the same, it seems like a lot of people will be disappointed if it changes!

Great choices! I've heard Cape May's breakfast is really good and not as hectic as some of the other breakfast buffets.

Thanks! You know, I think I'm gonna make an ADR at Cape May for breakfast right now, since everyone seems to like it, just to have. We can always cancel it! :)

hi!
Good choice for your ADR's....and not to many...just right I think...counting your one breakfast ADR!
Lucky you for getting Le Cellier :worship:
....I never, ever can book there! and I always try, try and try.....

Thanks! You haven't been to Le Cellier??? GO! NOW! And get the cheddar cheese soup! And ask for extra pretzel bread! And the chocolate moose...OMG...you will die!!! (Unless you don't like steak, of course...then it's not really for you! :laughing:)

Hahaha not to worry, it's been booked for my summer trip for weeks! :rotfl: I can't wait! And actually I've never had a good steak before so I'm really excited to try everything! YAY!

I'm back, and I'm all caught up on your PTR! YAY for Beach Club! I am so excited to stay there in July. It's gorgeous, and walking to Epcot sounds amazing!

Your ADRs look fantastic. I can't wait to eat at Le Cellier again. You definitely got us addicted! It was so good! That cheese soup and those french fries smothered in gravy...Lord have mercy. :lovestruc

hi!
Good choice for your ADR's....and not to many...just right I think...counting your one breakfast ADR!
Lucky you for getting Le Cellier :worship:
....I never, ever can book there! and I always try, try and try.....

Thanks! I still have to decide on the breakfast ADR, I'm torn between Cape May and Captain's Grille!

You really can't get Le Cellier? That's so annoying! I always have to make it 180 days in advance, once in a while you can get lucky and get it later, but you have to check and check! :rotfl:

Hahaha not to worry, it's been booked for my summer trip for weeks! :rotfl: I can't wait! And actually I've never had a good steak before so I'm really excited to try everything! YAY!

Oh, good! It's so amazing, you're going to love it!! :worship:

I'm back, and I'm all caught up on your PTR! YAY for Beach Club! I am so excited to stay there in July. It's gorgeous, and walking to Epcot sounds amazing!

Your ADRs look fantastic. I can't wait to eat at Le Cellier again. You definitely got us addicted! It was so good! That cheese soup and those french fries smothered in gravy...Lord have mercy. :lovestruc

Yay, finally! :goodvibes

I'm SO excited for the Beach Club! I even thought today about upgrading to the Poly...but I'd actually rather be at BC! :lovestruc

Le Cellier is the best! I have never had the french fries, I always want to try them, but between the soup, steak, bread, and dessert, I always leave there soooo stuffed! :rotfl2:

I'm SO excited for the Beach Club! I even thought today about upgrading to the Poly...but I'd actually rather be at BC! :lovestruc

Jen - you crack me up! :rotfl: Do you really think you will make it the next two months without a change????? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter