1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

An Anniversary Trip Full of Favorites-May 2012 PTR!*TR Link 5/14 & Question 5/15 p32*

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Nermel9, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 407-W-DISNEY

407-W-DISNEY DIS Veteran

I'm here!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Here and I'm not even going to try to guess your resort. :rotfl: I'm glad you are surprising Brandon.

4. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

:woohoo: First! I love being first on TR's/PTR's, I don't know why! Glad you're here!

Yay, I was wondering where you have been! :cool1: Good guess!

Yay, happy you're here! Haha, nope, we're definitely NOT staying at the Poly! :laughing: I wish! :rotfl:

Yay!! :woohoo: Haha, that's a good guess, and yes, I do have a little problem with changing resorts, I admit it! They all just look so great, it's so hard to decide! :rotfl2:

Hi, glad you're here! I'm happy we're planning an anniversary trip too! :banana: That's a good guess, I can't wait to reveal my resort to you guys, but I have to admit, I'm having fun reading everyone's guesses! :cool1:

Woo hoo, glad you're here! :woohoo: Haha, it's fun to change resorts! How can you possibly decide when there are so many amazing options??? :eek:

Good guess! :cool1: I thought you wanted to stay at the Poly next? Unfortunately, we're definitely not staying there! :sad1:

5. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Yay, glad to have you here! Haha, aww, thanks! I feel like I do so many TR's/PTR's now, I wanted to try to make this one a little different, and I love Disney quotes! :thumbsup2

Good guess! :)

Yay, happy you're here! :banana: Good guess on the resort!

:welcome: Glad to have you here!

Of course I remember you, I was wondering if you'd ever come back! :laughing: Happy you're here, can't wait to start planning!

Yay, so glad you're here! :goodvibes Hope you had a great vacation!

Agreed, May needs to get here NOW! :thumbsup2

Yay, so glad you're here! :woohoo: Aww, thank you! It's one of the few pictures I actually like from that day!

Thanks, I actually wanted to have the title of this PTR be a Disney love quote, but there were so many to pick from, I decided to start each update with one instead!

Haha, I'm actually glad you're stumped with the resort, I was afraid I was too predictable! :laughing:

6. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Yay, glad you're here! :thumbsup2 I'm so happy we're going to be in Disney at the same time too!

Good guesses with the resort! Haha, I'm never right guessing this kind of stuff either! :rotfl2:

Hey, glad you're here, even if you don't comment anymore! :rotfl: :thumbsup2 It's ok, I'm happy you're still on the DIS even if you're quiet!

:welcome: Glad you're here! I can't wait to go back to Disney in May, how fun we're going on overlapping days! Are you doing a PTR?

Woo hoo, happy you're here and back on the DIS! :woohoo: Good guess!

Yay, so happy you're here! :banana:

Hey, so glad you're here! :cool1: Haha, you're probably better off not guessing, because I could change resorts at any moment! :rotfl: I hope Brandon is happy with his surprise!

7. PixieMama

PixieMama DIS Veteran

I know we see each other on Facebook occasionally... but I can't believe it's been about 4 months since I was on the DIS! I'm trying to finish my TR and Dining Review. Oy.

Can't wait to hear what you have planned. I'm *thisclose* to talking my DH into the 2 of us going to WDW to celebrate our 15th anniversary this fall... he's not 100% convinced it'd be "romantic" for an anniversary, LOL!

8. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great intro! I love the idea of a trip with all of your favorites. I always feel like we need to try so many "new" things just for the experience, but I always end up longing for the old stand-by's when we do. :goodvibes

Hmmm...I have three guesses for your resort. I can't decide on one, so I'll just say all three: BC, Poly or AKL. :confused3

9. Grumpy's Wife

Grumpy's Wife Dollar Tree gal here

I'm joining in. I think this will be the third report of yours that I'll be reading.

My vote for hotel is the Boardwalk first with the Yacht Club coming in second.

10. cbcrockett

cbcrockett Mouseketeer

I'll jump on board! And, my guess is going to be Yacht Club! At least for now :rotfl:

11. wakica

wakica DIS Veteran

Popped on over from your post on another ptr of a May DISer :) Always happy to follow another trip for the same time frame as mine :) 5th will be our last Disney day tho (with the EE 5K challenge) but we may still pop over to DTD, Boardwalk, and one last visit to a park that week anyway :)

12. amyrella

amyrella Mouseketeer

I'm here for my usual lurking!!! FYI that is my favorite quOte.., I want to use it in my daughters bedroom!!

13. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

Hey! I love the idea of a "favorites" trip!! Zach and I might have to steal that idea for our next trip.
    Hmm..I'm going to guess the Wilderness Lodge or the Boardwalk!

14. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't even stay off the DIS for a week! :laughing:

You should go to Disney in the Fall for your anniversary, Disney is romantic! :lovestruc

Yay, glad you're here! Thanks! I love trying new things at Disney, but since this trip is on the shorter side, I don't want to focus too much on new things. I mean, I'm sure there will be a few, but I'm not going to go out of my way, you know! :laughing:

All good guesses! :thumbsup2

Yay, glad to have you here! :cool1: Great guesses!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Yacht Club is a great guess!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I wish we were doing the EE 5K but I don't have enough time to train for it, and I'm really out of shape! :rotfl: Do you have a PTR going?

Yay, glad you're here, even if you are lurking! :thumbsup2

Happy you're here! Steal away, it's really not that creative, it's more because we only have 5 days to work with and I don't want to try to cram in new things and have no time for our favorites! :laughing:

Great resort guesses! :thumbsup2

15. xoktenox

xoktenox DIS Veteran

Hey Jen, you know I'm in! :thumbsup2

16. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Naveen-"Once you became my wife, that made you ..."
    Tiana-"A princess. You just kissed yourself a princess!"
    Naveen-"And I'm about to do it again!"

Hi everyone! I don't want to take too long to tell you guys where we're staying, so here's the story!

When we decided to go on our anniversary trip, I asked Brandon where he wanted to stay. He said he didn't care, as he always does, so I told him I at least wanted to stay in a mod, since it was our anniversary, I didn't want to do a value. I've always wanted to try the Caribbean Beach Resort, so I asked him if that was ok, and he said it was fine.

I thought about it for a few days, and did some research. We have AP's, so I kept checking the prices with the AP discount and how much more it would be to stay in a deluxe. It actually wasn't too much more. So I had an idea...what if I let Brandon think we're staying here

[​IMG]

but really, I will surprise him when we arrive at Disney, and we will stay here:

[​IMG]

Animal Kingdom Lodge! I didn't give it too much thought, I called Disney and booked it before I could regret it! I felt a little guilty that I was letting Brandon think we were staying at CBR, and really I upgraded us to a deluxe, but it's a SURPRISE, he can't be mad, right?

I kept thinking about it for a few days, and as much as I want to try AKL someday, it just didn't seem right to me. We're only going for 4 nights, and I knew a majority of our trip would be at Epcot, and did I really want to spend all that time driving to and from AKL?

Nope!! So I checked the AP rates again...and it wouldn't cost much more to switch to...

[​IMG]

THE BEACH CLUB!!!

So I called and made the switch, and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I did! You all know how I LOVE my Epcot! And since it is a trip of our favorites, it makes sense, the Beach Club is one of our favorite resorts, next to the Wilderness Lodge! I thought about trying the Boardwalk, but I settled on the Beach Club, since we stayed there on our Disneymoon in 2010, I thought it might be nice to go back and revisit it! We both really loved it there, and I know Brandon will be thrilled when I tell him we're staying there instead of CBR! (And bonus...we can walk to Epcot! :worship:)

I mean, how can you not totally love this place?

The rooms!

[​IMG]

The pool!

[​IMG]

It's also home to Brandon's favorite restaurant, Cape May! And it's walking distance to our other favorite, Le Cellier! And my 2 favorite rides, Soarin' and Tower of Terror! Beaches and Cream! The wooden swings on the beach! The smell when you walk in the lobby! DHS! Oh, and did I mention...WE CAN WALK TO EPCOT??? :woohoo:

(I'm a little excited to be able to walk to Epcot, sorry!)

(However, when you're favorite place in the entire world is EPCOT, having it only be a 5 minute walk away is pretty much the best thing ever! :love:)

So there you have it! Anyone who guessed the Beach Club, or where we stayed on our Disneymoon, you are all right! :yay: I guess I'm kind of predictable, huh? :laughing:

66 days until I'm back in my happy place, at one of the most beautiful Disney resorts ever created! :cool1: Ahhh, I can't wait!

Stay tuned for more plans! I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to organize this PTR yet, but there will be another update soon!

17. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Hey Kristen, glad you're here! :woohoo:

18. jenbear123

jenbear123 Disney Fanatic

You know what's scary? I'm going through almost the exact same resort indecisiveness you did! I'm trying to plan a trip just me and DBF and knowing him, he will want to take it easy and go with the flow. So knowing we might spend a lot of time at the resort, I thought AKL would be a good choice. I could entertain myself with the animals if he didn't want to go to a park or whatever. But then I thought the exact same thing! AKL is rather far and we most likely will visit Epcot or MK more than AK. Still thinking it over....but now that you've mentioned BC it does seem rather enticing....

Goes to look up prices....:surfweb:

19. wakica

wakica DIS Veteran

ooohh! it IS a beautiful resort :thumbsup2 and your indesisiveness makes me :laughing:lol!! So - we should expect possibly another change before trip time arrives?? ;)

i do have a ptr going - hope you'll swing by sometime. it's in my signature just below this.

20. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans. :)

I was hoping you'd choose Beach Club!

21. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

Yay for the Beach Club! It is going to be super nice to be able to walk to Epcot...and DHS (I'm looking forward to it when we stay at the Boardwalk but it'll be strange not taking the bus, haha).

Hopefully some day you will get to stay at AKL because it really is a great resort too.