Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

:upsidedow I can't believe I forgot to CONGRATULATE you on the great weight loss!!!

Don't forget to keep counting those points on vacation!!!!!!

Ah - yeah :rolleyes1 Sooner than later would probably be best!

BTW - enjoy your vacation! Have a wonderful trip and make sure all the drivers drive safely!!!!

I'm actually not driving on this trip...it's not WDW so I don't know where I'm going! LOL! My Dad and my sister are driving and my sister drives soooo slowly, we'll be lucky if we get to Kentucky tomorrow! LOL!!!

12.6 pounds down!! YAY! Are you seeing changes yet?

Thank you! I am seeing changes in my clothing, especially my work pants. I literally have to hold them up now. I'm not thin enough for the next size down yet, but I'm getting there! :thumbsup2

:upsidedow I can't believe I forgot to CONGRATULATE you on the great weight loss!!!

Don't forget to keep counting those points on vacation!!!!!!

Thank you! I'm so happy it's starting to come off. I think my thyroid medicine may have kicked in finally...

I'm going to be very careful on vacation as far as points are concerned. We have a lot of healthy snacks packed and I'm going to make good choices at meals. I know I will probably gain a little weight because I'm not getting all of the fresh veggies that I'm used to...but if I do, I'll get it back off. My intent is not to gain weight, but if it happens, I'm not going to let it stop me.

:)

I'm going to be very careful on vacation as far as points are concerned. We have a lot of healthy snacks packed and I'm going to make good choices at meals. I know I will probably gain a little weight because I'm not getting all of the fresh veggies that I'm used to...but if I do, I'll get it back off. My intent is not to gain weight, but if it happens, I'm not going to let it stop me.

:)

Just have fun! I'm sure your parents are going to love having a vacation with their two girls again!! Course, I'm sure Dave will be there in spirit (and on the phone :rotfl2:).

Just have fun! I'm sure your parents are going to love having a vacation with their two girls again!! Course, I'm sure Dave will be there in spirit (and on the phone :rotfl2:).

He has been here in spirit with me! I can't tell you how may times I've said "I wish Dave were here to see this"!

I do have a small update but pictures will have to wait until I get home. I bought the lace for my garter! My mom is making me my garter and since we are in Springfield, IL and every historic place closes at 5pm, we went to Joanne's the other night and I picked out the lace. :yay:

That's all for now! I'll try to update this weekend once we get home! :)

Congrats on your weight loss! :yay: And I love love the wording for the invites! So cute! The second one of the two you posted is so adorable I might have to steal it... :rolleyes1

Congrats on your weight loss! :yay: And I love love the wording for the invites! So cute! The second one of the two you posted is so adorable I might have to steal it... :rolleyes1

I'm hoping after being away on vacation for a week, I at least stay close to my current weight loss. I tried to make good choices, but it can be hard while being away from home. I'll find out on Thursday how I did!

Feel free to steal away! I got that saying online, so please use it! :)

Things that I need to do tomorrow:

- Call reception site
- Finalize registry - we are 99% done, but there are a still a few things that we need to add.
- Try to get invitation proof ordered.

What I am doing for sure this week:

- Meeting with the florist.
- Order the other two bridesmaids dresses from Alfred Angelo.

I guess I should update that I have a bridesmaid since my one friend is having family issues and wasn't sure if she would be able to make it here or not. My friend Kim is going to be in my bridal party. I've known Kim for years and she is actually my sister's very good friend...they are actually going on a cruise together next week! (Lucky them, though it's not Disney...) She has always wanted to be a wedding planner so this is right up her alley! I'm just glad that I have my bridesmaids complete now. I'm still hoping my friend who is having family problems will be able to make it to the wedding because I really want her there, but it is more important for her to get things worked out than it is to come to PA for my wedding.

I'll have to post the put the picture of the lace for my garter on tomorrow...I think it may still be in packed in the luggage from vacation!

Thanks for reading! :)

Just a quick update.

Here is the picture of the lace for my garter that I purchased last week in IL.

GarterLace.jpg

I can't wait to see it as a finished product! I'm so happy that my mom is making my garter!

Tomorrow night we are meeting with the florist. I'm excited but nervous because I don't know exactly what kind of flowers I want. I know what I want my bouquet to look like, but as far as flowers are concerned, I'm kind of clueless! Thankfully we know the florist so I'm sure she'll be very helpful. I'll try to post an update about that tomorrow night.

Sorry about the short update.

cant wait to see how mom makes the garter!

Thanks, Drea! I can't wait to see it either! :)

I went with my mom and my sister to meet with the florist tonight. The owner of the shop is an old family friend however we met with her daughter who I have known since I was little but I haven't seen in years. It was so nice to see her! She was so excited to get the process going. She said that my bouquet is very possible so I was very excited! She gave me a homework assignment until our next meeting, to look for flowers/bouquets that I like. So if anybody has any suggestions for flower/bouquet sites, let me know! :)

Dave and I are trying to decide what we are going to put on the menu at the reception. I emailed the site asking about a tasting and I felt so horrible because she said that we should have done this months ago! I didn't know! If I had known, I would have been in touch with her a long time ago. Anyway, before I go to bed tonight I'm going to look at the list, send it to Dave (he sent me what he liked), finalize it and send it to the site tomorrow. I do feel really badly and I apologized so much!!

I had a scare on Monday night. Dave was getting ready to leave my house to go home and all of the sudden I started having trouble breathing, like my asthma was acting up. I took a sip of Diet Coke and it felt like my throat was closing. I thought it was still my asthma at this point, so Dave left and went home. I promised to call him in case I needed to go to the hospital. I went into the bathroom, looked at myself in the mirror and noticed that my face and chest were starting to become covered with hives. That was when I knew it was time to go to the hospital.

Needless to say, I got to the hospital, my voice was high and squeaky because I couldn't breath right and my eyelid was swollen. I got back in the little room in the ER and right away they hooked me up to an IV and a monitor. This is what my arm looks like tonight after the first IV attempt.
IV.jpg

The second attempt went much better (and didn't hurt nearly as much). I was realized after some IV meds and a breathing treatment. I still don't' know what started the allergic reaction. Sigh...

OMG you poor thing how scary! Glad you feel better! Your poor arm. Gonna look like MJ with track marks LOL :)

Ok and its not your fault for the reception hall asking for a tasting, they should have offered (or at least in my opinion.) Or at least suggested to do it in a certain amount of time for their convenience now that they are making you feel like its an inconvenience. YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!

Amy - I agree with Drea. When you booked this it was months ago and at that time there was nothing else to do. They should have been in touch with you to schedule a tasting or at least find out if you wanted one. You would normally have a tasting about the time that you are setting your menu and I'm sure they have a date for that. Seriously, you are 3 months out so I don't see why you would have done it months ago. I think this is a perfect time.

Sadly today I was laid off of my full time job. I found out just a few hours ago. They had to lay off two people and I was one of them. I'm sad, but at the same time I'm relieved because I truly haven't been happy there for a while. The shock hasn't worn off yet...grief I don't know when it will for sure. I'm feeling a little better now because I would be home from work at this point but I'm still shocked.

So I'm hoping a new window opens soon.

I'll try to update a little more later tonight. :)

aww hunny im so sorry. I know what its like to not like a job and still be let go from it, it sucks. BUT better things are around the corner! Im sure of it!

aww hunny im so sorry. I know what its like to not like a job and still be let go from it, it sucks. BUT better things are around the corner! Im sure of it!

Thanks Drea. :hug:

So even with all of the bad news today I had a good thing happen.

I actually lost .2 pounds this week! Not bad for being away on vacation for a week. Sadly my sister gained weight...but I was glad that I lost at least a little.

No real wedding updates...I'm still trying to wrap my mind about being out of work. I'll try to update soon because we are at 3 months tomorrow! :)

Awww, virtual hug :hug: I'm really sorry, that sucks. Sadly, like most people I'm sure, I know a lot of people who have been laid off in the last year and it sucks. I hope everything works out and you find a new job soon. Congrats on the weight loss though :woohoo:

Awww, virtual hug :hug: I'm really sorry, that sucks. Sadly, like most people I'm sure, I know a lot of people who have been laid off in the last year and it sucks. I hope everything works out and you find a new job soon. Congrats on the weight loss though :woohoo:

Thank you for the virtual hug...I appreciate it.

I'm am happy for the weight loss too! I feel badly for my sister but I needed some good news today!

I'm a true believer that when a door closes a window opens!! I've experienced this several times and things always seem to work out the way they should. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the hurt/fear/anquish dissipate right away and the window doesn't always open immediately but I've found that I usually end up in a better place.

For now, get yourself set up for unemployment and settle down a bit. Then you can start to look around to see what you may want to do. Hey - on the bright side, you have some time available to really think about what you'd like to do while you're still making some money.

I know things will work out for you, just hang in there!!

I'm a true believer that when a door closes a window opens!! I've experienced this several times and things always seem to work out the way they should. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the hurt/fear/anquish dissipate right away and the window doesn't always open immediately but I've found that I usually end up in a better place.

For now, get yourself set up for unemployment and settle down a bit. Then you can start to look around to see what you may want to do. Hey - on the bright side, you have some time available to really think about what you'd like to do while you're still making some money.

I know things will work out for you, just hang in there!!

I didn't think of it that way! I should be able to do more wedding planning at least. Just have to get myself out of this initial rutt and then I'll be fine. :hug:

I really don't have an update today...still trying to get used to the idea of being unemployed, but today is a milestone!

3 months until our wedding!!!!!

Just had to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter