Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

One pound is great. I weight in tomorrow and I'm terrified. I have done horrible this week. But I keep telling myself, I can get back on track. This is a life long change that I'm committing to. Be proud of yourself.

If you want, next time I'm in the parks or at DTD I can look out for a Mickey stencil.

So how did you do at the weigh in? Mine is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous already! If you happen to see a stencil at DTD, please do let me know! That would be awesome!

Celebrate every pound girl! Its a challenge and you are sticking with it which is commendable, we will be your cheerleaders:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Go Amy Go! Go Amy Go!:cheer2:

Thank you! It's nice to have cheerleaders cheering me on! :)

So how did you do at the weigh in? Mine is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous already! If you happen to see a stencil at DTD, please do let me know! That would be awesome!

I weigh in at 5:30. Super nervous. I'm pretty sure I did bad this week. I pigged out last night while watching Army Wives... I'm going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow to get my birthday gift card and I will look in the store for stencils while I'm looking for my birthday gift!

I weigh in at 5:30. Super nervous. I'm pretty sure I did bad this week. I pigged out last night while watching Army Wives... I'm going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow to get my birthday gift card and I will look in the store for stencils while I'm looking for my birthday gift!

I'm sure you did GREAT this week! :) Have fun at the MK and obviously, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Thanks for looking!!!!!

I wanted to make this a long update, but sadly it's almost midnight and I need to get to bed very soon so I don't fall asleep at work!!!

Tonight, my future DMIL (MagicMe), my future DNana, Dave's DAunt (I've never heard of an aunt-in-law) and Dave's DCousin came up to Allentown to have Alyssa (his DCousin) try on bridesmaids dresses.

Poor Alyssa took this dress, which was the smallest size they had, and put it on complete with clips in the back to hold it up! When she came out of the dressing room and saw herself in the mirror, her whole face lit up! :cloud9: I was so happy she liked the dress! :) She said she's going to wear it to her 9th grade dance! :)

We are getting the burnt orange color from Alfred Angelo, but this is the dress. Here is Beth and Alyssa at the store.

BethandAlyssa.jpg

Needless to say, Beth and Alyssa both ordered their dresses now I have to collect the measurements from my other two BM. I need to order those ASAP so they come in in time for the wedding!

Anyway, I weigh in tomorrow...my fingers are crossed that I lose something. I have tried to eat all of my points this week...hopefully that will help! Who knows though!

I'll let you know tomorrow night what happens!

Thanks for reading! :)

Thanks for the birthday wish! I lost 1 pound this week. Now I know how you felt last week. At first I was like, that's it. But then I thought about how horrible I did this week, and I was glad. Plus, a pound in a week is great. If I lost a pound every week I could lose 52 in a year! I'd be happy with that...

LOVE the bridesmaid dresses. They are beautiful!!!!!! Good luck weighing in tomorrow! I know you'll do great!

I love the dresses! Alfred Angelo is the best :goodvibes
I LOVE Afred Angelo too! Their gowns are beautiful!

Thanks for the birthday wish! I lost 1 pound this week. Now I know how you felt last week. At first I was like, that's it. But then I thought about how horrible I did this week, and I was glad. Plus, a pound in a week is great. If I lost a pound every week I could lose 52 in a year! I'd be happy with that...

LOVE the bridesmaid dresses. They are beautiful!!!!!! Good luck weighing in tomorrow! I know you'll do great!

Good for you for losing a pound...I"m going to do an update as soon as I done responding on this post and I'll put in there what I lost.

You're very right about looking at it as losing one pound a week is 52 pounds a year! Didn't think of it that way! :)

So I have good news and I have bad news...

I'll start with the bad news first.

So tonight was weigh in night at Weight Watchers. We were a little late leaving for the meeting since we were still trying to find out if Michael Jackson died or not (He was such a dance icon, it's so sad) so I was anxious to weigh in when we got there. I emptied my pockets (Chapstick and all!), put my purse down, took off my shoes and stepped on the scale. The girl behind the counter says, "You went down this week, good for you!" so I was very happy! Then she gives me back my tracker booklet and see how much I lost...

.2 pounds

That was it!!! Yes, that is a two with a period IN FRONT OF IT!!!! Grand total of 9 pounds (which is great) but I thought for sure I would hit 10 pounds tonight. My sister didn't lose anything (afterwards we figured out we shared a pickle last night, you know those very salty but yummy deli pickles) so I didn't feel so upset. I am frustrated though. I guess it is because I go in for alterations next month and I thought I would lose weight faster than I am. Oh well...

Now the good news!

I ordered a few things from TheKnot.com last Monday and I finally got them in the mail today! :yay:

I ordered a Newlywed sticker that I'm planning on putting on a magnet to stick to our rental car at WDW.

NWsticker.jpg

I also ordered a 100 day before your wedding rip off calendar.
100daycalendar.jpg

I'm excited to see what it says everyday! I'll be able to start it very soon!

Last thing I ordered was a small bridesmaid's gift. It's a little manicure set in a purse. Here is a picture of it from the website.
Manisetsbridemaids.jpg

Here is a picture it opened up. Ignore my hand (and also ignore my hand in the calendar pic too!)
BMgifts.jpg

It was much bigger than I thought it was going to be! It's so cute and I'm excited to give it to them. I'm going to get them something else, but I'm just not sure what that is going to be yet.

So that is my update for tonight. I told Dave today that we need to think about wording for the invitations this weekend. He said that this should be the wording:
“We is havin’ a weddin’ so be there!”

LOL!!!! He's so clever but I thought something more along the lines of fairy tales and dreams come true! :)

Well this update bring some good news and some bad news...

Bad news first...
I found out that my one bridesmaid won't be able to be in my wedding. Sadly there are too many crazy things going on in her personal and she just isn't sure if she'll be able to make it up to PA. I'm very sad, but at the same time I want her to get everything worked out at home. I know that even if she isn't there in person, she'll be there in spirit! :hug: I still have to figure out another bridemaids...I had one of my girl's at work offer! LOL!

That also means that her daughter won't be able to be my flower girl which bums me out because I've wanted her to be my FG for years! But once again, I'd rather have her Mommy get things worked out.

But the good news is...
I do now have a Flower Girl! It's my other bridesmaid's daughter! Granted, she is only going to be a year and a half old at the time of the wedding, I'm just excited that she'll get to share in our special day. I also have emailed Dave's cousin to see if her son would be our ring bearer. He will be almost 2 in October so he will be around the FG's age. Right now I'm trying to find outfits for both of them. I did find a cute dress at Target for the FG. The best part, it's only $17.99!

FGDressTarget.jpg

I figure that my mom could take off the white bow and just add a sash of burnt orange to the dress. Now I just have to find something for the possible RB. I don't want them to spend a lot of money on a dress/outfit that the babies can only wear once especially since they are so young.

So I wanted to post a longer update, but I need to get to bed. We have inventory at work tomorrow so it's going to be a LONG day. I'll try to update tomorrow again.

Thanks for reading!!!

A loss is a loss, congrats on that!

I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid, I know how you feel on that one and my MOH dropped out on me, but it always ends up working out. Really cute FG dress!

Sorry to hear about the one bridesmaid but hope everything works out for her.

For the ring bearer outift, When I was shopping for the boys suits for the cruise I went to EBAY and found cheap suits, I paid $40 but they were cheaper for lil boys/babies. Even with shipping. $25-$30 I believe .. so theirs a thought.

also Hows the knee, I saw on facebook its been giving you some trouble you poor thing!

A loss is a loss, congrats on that!

I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid, I know how you feel on that one and my MOH dropped out on me, but it always ends up working out. Really cute FG dress!

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. Thursday is the last weigh in before I go on vacation so I'm hoping I hit 10 pounds! My fingers are crossed!

Sorry to hear about the one bridesmaid but hope everything works out for her.

For the ring bearer outift, When I was shopping for the boys suits for the cruise I went to EBAY and found cheap suits, I paid $40 but they were cheaper for lil boys/babies. Even with shipping. $25-$30 I believe .. so theirs a thought.

also Hows the knee, I saw on facebook its been giving you some trouble you poor thing!

I do hope everything works out for my friend...she deserves something good to happen to her.

So my knee...it's not even the knee I just had surgery on...it's the other knee! Isn't the bump gross? I'll have to post pictures tomorrow...basically I think my screw from my ACL surgery I had in 2006 is backing out. I have this lovely lump (that may I add stays in place when I move my knee skin around it!) on my knee where my screw is and it's been causing pain. So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see what he says. I'm scared because they may take it out in the office which would involve a local and I don't like that! Or it may have to be taken out in the OR...we'll see tomorrow. So my smartypants sister writes on my FB, "Do you think they will use a Phillips or a regular screw driver?" She should talk...she's had the same surgery done twice! LOL!!!!

Anyway, I want to update a little more, but I'm so beat! I had inventory at work tonight so I was there for 12 hours. I think I'm still counting the little elephants! :scared1: I'll update tomorrow night for sure! :)

HA im lol at your sis's comments! I like her :) lol

I actually have two updates - one wedding and one knee. I'll start with the knee.

Here are the pictures that I promised of the bump on my knee.

BumpKnee.jpg

This is the top view of my knee. You can see the ACL scar and right by the lower mole is the bump.

Kneebump.jpg

This is the side view of my knee (those are Dave's sneakers in the background!) and the bump that shouldn't be there!

So I went to my doctor today. He's done all of my ACL reconstructions (all three!) so I really trust him. The PA came in first and felt the bump and I nearly went into orbit because it hurt so much! My doctor came in and did the same thing and said, 'Yes, that's your screw and the washer'! I was afraid they were going to take it out in the office, but instead they are going to put me under, use a little local, open up a small part of my knee, take out the screw and the washer, and stitch me up. I have to talk to my boss before scheduling anything though. Luckily it is a short recovery period, only a day or two.

Now onto the wedding update!

We have a ring bearer now! He is Dave's little second cousin. He is going to almost 2 at the time of the wedding. He is so cute and I'm so excited to him as part of our special day!

Last night, I also bought the Disney Fairytale Wedding CD from Ebay.
WeddingCD.jpg

I love it! I previewed it on my iPhone and it's all instrumental music that I'm planning on playing during dinner. It's fits us perfectly! :)

I'm also in the process of trying to find invitation wording. I found a few that I liked that I emailed to Dave. Hopefully we can pick one soon.

Another important decision needs to be made very soon too - we need to plan our ADR's for our Disneymoon! I know we want to do CRT (I love Cinderella, she's my favorite princess) and Hoop-Dee-Doo (we both love the show! I saw it with Dave for the first time in 2007 and I can't wait to see it again!) as well as Le Cellier. I also want to try the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. We may go back to Kona, we really enjoyed dinner there. I'll keep you updated on our choices!

So I'm guessing Sunshine said yes???!!!

I guess you can have the Mom's help the two little ones down the aisle, if needed. They will look adorable.

So I'm guessing Sunshine said yes???!!!

I guess you can have the Mom's help the two little ones down the aisle, if needed. They will look adorable.

Yes, she did say yes and I was so excited!

I figured the mom's can help walk them down the aisle or just have Nana step out into the aisle and the RB will go running to her! :)

Even though I'm so sad that Gail won't be able to make it, but I'm excited about the new developments!

Tonight was weigh in night and FINALLY I lost a good amount of weight! :banana::banana::banana:

3.6 pounds!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

So it's a grand total of 12.6 pounds so far! I'm very happy about that!

Here are the two invitation wordings that Dave liked.

Just like a page out of a fairy tale
the storybook romance comes true . . .
BRIDE
and
GROOM
invite you to share in the joy
when they exchange marriage vows
on DAY
YEAR
at TIME
CITY, STATE

and

In the spirit of the magic
that brought us together
we, BRIDE
and
GROOM
invite you to join us
for a fairy tale wedding --
the beginning of our "happily-ever-after"
on DAY
YEAR
at TIME
CITY, STATE​

What do you guys think? I do also want to include both my parents and Dave's mom in the invitation, so I do have to rework some wording. But overall, I do like the first part and the middle part of the wording. We'll probably order invitations next weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter