Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

Thank you! I'm a little skeptical of BMIs because they don't take into account muscle. My goal of 149 isn't set in stone. I thought I looked pretty good when I was in the low 150s.

Thank you!!!!! I love my bouquet (hopefully!!!!)

So I lost 1.2 pounds this week. Not great but not bad. So it's a total weight loss of 7.8 pounds. I'm getting there...just wish I could get there faster! LOL!!!

Congrats on the 1.2!!! Every little bit helps!! Best to lose it slowly. It's the lifestyle you're changing and that will stick with you and help you maintain the weight lose when you get to your goal.

Hello everyone!!!!

I am only two days away from my 4 month mark! ACK!!!! There is so much to do yet!!!!!

So a few quick updates.

I got the invitation in the mail on Saturday. I love the look of it, but the paper is a little thinner than I thought it would be. But I LOVE the design and I'm 99% sure that this is what we are going to get. :)

Here is the front of the invitation. (Sorry, this picture was taken on my pillow.)

Invitationpicture1.jpg

Here is how the invitation is folded. (Sorry about my pillow and part of of Dave's! LOL)

Invitationfolds.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

I'm going to go shopping over at TheKnot.com for now. I'll try to post more later!!!

Thanks for reading! :)

Here you go ......

101.jpg

Just read you pj, everything sounds great !

Your engagement ring rocks !!

Linz B xxx

OK...here is an update!!!!

I made my attempt tonight at use the glass etching chemicals. Yes Drea, I did wear gloves! :thumbsup2

Etching.jpg

This is the picture of what I decided to etch on the glass. I just punched it out of regular paper.

EtchingTapedwithbrush.jpg

I taped that paper (after I cut it of course) to the vase. You can also see the brush there in the picture. Sorry about the newspaper...mom didn't want me to do it on the dining room table! LOL! :lmao:

Etchingwithcream.jpg

This is what it looked like after I applied the cream to the stencil. I'm not sure if I used enough or not. (If anybody knows, please let me know!)

Etchingupclose.jpg

After washing off the cream (in the sink) this is a close up of what it looked like. At first I didn't think it worked because the cream was still on...then I realized I had to actually WASH the cream off and it would be underneath. :idea: This was an extreme close up, even blurry...

Etchinglaststep.jpg

Last but not least, the picture of the final product. Most of it etched, not all of it though. I'm wondering if it would be different if I used something different than regular paper as the stencil if it would change the outcome. I'm thinking that it would. Once again, if you know the answer, please let me know.

Drea, you can also see the gloves I used in that picture! LOL!

So for the first attempt, it wasn't bad. I need to practice more before I even think about trying to attempt a whole vase/candle holder.

ANYWAY, believe it or not we are at 4 months from the wedding TODAY!!!!!! :scared1: Time sure flies!!!!

I got a call from the woman who owns Saucon Valley Acres on Sunday night and we are going to get together next month to the menu! I'm excited but nervous at the same time!!!! I've only heard wonderful thing about the food there so that :)makes me happy. We are going to either do a buffet/stations or family style. We're not sure yet...opinions anyone?

Well that's all for tonight. I weigh in tomorrow night and I still have 10 points to eat before I go to bed!!!! I'll let you all know how I do tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!!!!! :)

I just read through your PJ and everything looks great so far. I agree with you on linzwylie's hair! I saw it on the hair thread and instantly fell in love. I'm considering using it also.

I started WW a couple weeks ago. I think 1.2 pounds in a week is awesome. In fact, that's close to what the recommended weekly weight loss is. It's not like the Biggest Loser (not sure if you watch or not)! Be proud of your 1.2, because that's 1.2 closer to your goal! Keep up the good work with WW!!!

Can't wait to read more. I love everything so far

I just read through your PJ and everything looks great so far. I agree with you on linzwylie's hair! I saw it on the hair thread and instantly fell in love. I'm considering using it also.

I started WW a couple weeks ago. I think 1.2 pounds in a week is awesome. In fact, that's close to what the recommended weekly weight loss is. It's not like the Biggest Loser (not sure if you watch or not)! Be proud of your 1.2, because that's 1.2 closer to your goal! Keep up the good work with WW!!!

Can't wait to read more. I love everything so far

Thank you!!!! I know, WW isn't The Biggest Loser (grief, I can't imagine dropping 10 pounds in one week!) but it is effective. I really like the program because you aren't restricted to only eating certain foods.

Thanks for reading! :)

It was a frustrating night for me...

Work is really working on my nerves right now. As I type this, I'm searching for jobs...no luck so far. I just feel so stuck and like everybody treats me as a child. Whether or not that is true, that is how I feel. I'm just glad I only have two more days of work before the weekend.

Then onto Weight Watchers - I lost one pound...ONE POUND! I am only down 8.8 pounds (I think...I don't feel like getting up to check) in 7 weeks. My sister on the other hand lost over 2 pounds and received her 5% goal. I am happy for her, but I'm so frustrated for myself. I have to go and have my dress altered next month and I really wanted to lose at least 15 pounds until then. I know that one to two pounds is normal, but I can't say that it isn't frustrating.

The bright light in all of this is Dave. I text messaged him and told him about my one pound loss and he was excited. He makes me smile even when I don't feel like smiling. That is one of the many reasons I'm marrying him.

So, that's my update for tonight. Sorry it's such a downer tonight...

Thanks for reading though! :upsidedow

Just read through you PJ, everything looks great! I love all the mickey touches and your ring is gourgeous.

Keep up the good work with weight watchers. And just go to your fridge and pick up a pack of butter, that's a pound, and that is awesome :goodvibes and you've almost lost two sacks of potatoes!

Look forward to reading more!

WOOOHOO on the weight loss. and ya cant compair to your sister. YES I know your twins but your still differernt LOL. She may lose more now and you later and you both will even out.. either way YOU BOTH are doing great! CONGRATS!

As for the etching try something plastic it doesnt disolve like paper does.
(and good girl on the gloves LMAO

Amy - congrats on the 1 pound lose!!! Regardless of the fact that you are twins, there are differences between you and your sister. Like Drea said - she may be losing early on but she may hit a plateau. You have to stop thinking about her weight lose compared to yours and celebrate the steps you are accomplishing!!!! Don't forget - you're doing this while you have the stress of your job and your wedding!

I see loooooooong walks for you and my DS in the future!!!!!!!!!!

Just read through you PJ, everything looks great! I love all the mickey touches and your ring is gourgeous.

Keep up the good work with weight watchers. And just go to your fridge and pick up a pack of butter, that's a pound, and that is awesome :goodvibes and you've almost lost two sacks of potatoes!

Look forward to reading more!

Thank you!!!! Thank you also for the comparison to my weight loss. I didn't think about it that way and it's a wonderful way to look at it! :flower3:

WOOOHOO on the weight loss. and ya cant compair to your sister. YES I know your twins but your still differernt LOL. She may lose more now and you later and you both will even out.. either way YOU BOTH are doing great! CONGRATS!

As for the etching try something plastic it doesnt disolve like paper does.
(and good girl on the gloves LMAO

Thank you Drea! :flower3: Thank you also for the suggestion to use plastic instead of paper. Did you use stencils or did you cute out your own?

Amy - congrats on the 1 pound lose!!! Regardless of the fact that you are twins, there are differences between you and your sister. Like Drea said - she may be losing early on but she may hit a plateau. You have to stop thinking about her weight lose compared to yours and celebrate the steps you are accomplishing!!!! Don't forget - you're doing this while you have the stress of your job and your wedding!

I see loooooooong walks for you and my DS in the future!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, MagicMe is my future DMIL!

Thank you for your encouragement, it really means a lot to me. :hug:

Hey Amy, a pound a week is fantastic progress. Keep at it.

Thank you too! I have to admit, I did 'cheat' tonight. I used my 35 flex points for the week and went out for Chinese food with my sister. We had a wonderful dinner which was very nice. :)

Thank you Drea! :flower3: Thank you also for the suggestion to use plastic instead of paper. Did you use stencils or did you cute out your own?

:)

I found a plastic stencil of a sunflower, it was for a plate. But found it in the stencil area of Michaels or Joann's.

I found a plastic stencil of a sunflower, it was for a plate. But found it in the stencil area of Michaels or Joann's.

I have to try to look there for Mickey/Disney stencils. Does anybody know where I could find those?????

I promise I will update soon...I'm hoping to have a few more things done by tomorrow so maybe tomorrow night. :)

Just a real quick update! I have to go to bed soon! LOL!

Tomorrow night Dave's cousin is going to come up and try on bridesmaids dresses so I'm really excited for her to see them. :)

Like I said, just a little update! :goodvibes

One pound is great. I weight in tomorrow and I'm terrified. I have done horrible this week. But I keep telling myself, I can get back on track. This is a life long change that I'm committing to. Be proud of yourself.

If you want, next time I'm in the parks or at DTD I can look out for a Mickey stencil.

Celebrate every pound girl! Its a challenge and you are sticking with it which is commendable, we will be your cheerleaders:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Go Amy Go! Go Amy Go!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter