• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amex offering $30 off $150 order at undercover Tourist

I found four friends and family who have Amex cards who were able to buy tickets for me. I was able access this offer for all my tickets - total savings of $120 plus ebates and undercover tourist discounts. A little bit of work but $120+ is a lot of Mickey Ice Creams we can now buy :)

I have one more friend who has one who is willing to buy Legoland tix, too! It is substantial savings - enough to go through the trouble.

I found four friends and family who have Amex cards who were able to buy tickets for me. I was able access this offer for all my tickets - total savings of $120 plus ebates and undercover tourist discounts. A little bit of work but $120+ is a lot of Mickey Ice Creams we can now buy :)

I have one more friend who has one who is willing to buy Legoland tix, too! It is substantial savings - enough to go through the trouble.
Good for you!

Thanks Disfan! My husband was actually impressed. Now I just have to keep it a secret from the kiddos until Christmas.
My husband is happy I take care of all of the planning and ticket purchase. He has no clue about looking for any deals etc.

Thanks - I didn't receive one - thanks for letting me know.

That is awesome - I do ALL the packing but that then again, I can pack everything in 2 suitcases (clothes for 4 people in 1 and stuff in the 2nd) and other people "helping" just messes up my system. :)
LOL! My kids are older so I don't pack for them anymore. But we also fly SW so we can each bring our own checked bag at no extra fee. I don't like to pack too far ahead, but my DH does!

Want to take advantage of this deal along with upgrading my tickets to annual passes once down there. Can someone recommend which ticket to buy for the most savings when doing an upgrade to annual pass (with water parks)?? Thank you for help in advance :) I get confused with undercovertourist prices, "free days" etc

Want to take advantage of this deal along with upgrading my tickets to annual passes once down there. Can someone recommend which ticket to buy for the most savings when doing an upgrade to annual pass (with water parks)?? Thank you for help in advance :) I get confused with undercovertourist prices, "free days" etc
Each ticket has "Save $xx" next to it. Pick the one with the most savings.

How does this work exactly? IE can you break down the cost savings on the upgrade, etc?
Here is an example: 5 day park hopper from UT is $380.95 - the same ticket from Disney is $403.65 so you would save $22.70 from the gate price. If you wanted to upgrade the ticket. You use your ticket to enter the park at least once. Then go to guest services and ask to upgrade your ticket - they will bridge your ticket to the gate price of $403.65 and you will only have to pay the additional amount from that price not what you paid UT for.

How does this work exactly? IE can you break down the cost savings on the upgrade, etc?
There's really nothing to break down. The "Save $xx" is exactly what you save. By bridging and upgrading, you can keep that savings on an annual pass.

is this offer only for the Amex credit card OR can use an AMEX gift card as well? thanks!

is this offer only for the Amex credit card OR can use an AMEX gift card as well? thanks!
They give you the credit when the charge hits your card. So, if you don't charge $150, they won't give you the credit.

They give you the credit when the charge hits your card. So, if you don't charge $150, they won't give you the credit.

As Supersnoop said above, they give you credit once the charge hits your card. It is more of a rebate so I don't think a gift card would be eligible.

When used it, I had to log into the Amex account online and link the offer to the credit card through the AMEX offers page, I don't know if you have access to that with a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter