Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great advice Doug! It really means a lot to hear from all of you on the mom's panel! It boosts our spirits and we take the advice to heart!

Does anyone know how to make my ticker actually apear in my signature instead of just the link? Thanks!

It is so good to see so many familiar faces so early in the game this year. :cheer2:

I had a surprise yesterday that I thought I would share with you all.

A photo that I submitted ages ago was chosen as Disney Memories Picture of the week on Facebook.
I opened my FB page to see a photo of my father. :) Here is the thread that includes the link.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2761420

Dad passed away very suddenly this March. He was 94 and we had just returned from celebrating his birthday and my parents 71st wedding anniversary by having a family trip to Disney. They enjoyed their first trip with their great granddaughter, my first grand child. What wonderful memories we all have! He loved Disney World and I think may have only missed going one year since it opened. Many years he and my mom went more than once, just a few years ago I took them 4 times in one year! It was their HAPPY PLACE!

Enjoy the pic.

So sorry for your loss! What a great surprise for you, though. He really looks a lot younger than 94! Great pic.

OK everyone.

50 days to the first round. Everybody ready? Everyone remember the rules?

No cutting and pasting from word.
No worrying about if you hit the "Submit" button in the right place.

AND

No thinking "Wasn't I good enough?" if you don't get picked. The answer is "Yes, you were good enough.", but you have to remember it is a numbers game. There are thousands applying, and sometimes others just get picked. Nothing more, nothing less.

Going to be in WDW right after that, and will be thinking of you all!

Good luck!

Thanks Doug! You answered several of my questions on the Mom's panel and I read your book, which was very helpful! Here you are, still being helpful. You just can't help yourself can you? Thanks again!

...and, here we go again! can't believe it's almost "that time of year again"...

wishing everyone luck with a side of pixie dust pixiedust:

OK everyone.

50 days to the first round. Everybody ready? Everyone remember the rules?

No cutting and pasting from word.
No worrying about if you hit the "Submit" button in the right place.

AND

No thinking "Wasn't I good enough?" if you don't get picked. The answer is "Yes, you were good enough.", but you have to remember it is a numbers game. There are thousands applying, and sometimes others just get picked. Nothing more, nothing less.

Going to be in WDW right after that, and will be thinking of you all!

Good luck!

Thanks, Doug! I think I actually have worried about hitting the "Submit" button in the right place!

Have a Magical Trip!

Good luck everyone! I remember the previous years I never applied because I just "knew" I wouldn't make it. Last year a great friend encouraged me to apply and I did. And I made it. Moral - go for it and just believe!!

Sending pixie dust to everyone! :wizard:

I'm so excited that we're gearing up for applications again! I remember how nervous I was when I did my video last year! It was a little harder to pick myself up from being dropped after round 2, but I've shaken it off and it's turned into Pixie Dust! Can't wait for September!!

Good Luck everyone!! pixiedust:

Does anyone know how to make my ticker actually apear in my signature instead of just the link? Thanks!
Make your ticker again. Next time, choose the "PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ or BBCode" option instead of "Image URL" (.png) option to cut and paste into your siggie. :goodvibes

I hope everyone who is heading to Disney over the next couple weeks has a great time!

Friends of mine and my husband's are down there right now, taking their son for the first time, and they keep texting us pictures and questions, it's great. Almost makes up for not actually being there, haha.

Twende, so sorry to hear about your dad, but so glad you have all those awesome memories and that last great trip.

I guess this is the first year I can't apply for the DMP. I became a travel agent a few months ago and believe that is an exclusion for applying even though WDW is what made me want to be a TA anyway.

Fingers crossed for all you wonderful Disfriends.

My friends in Disney just texted me a picture of a Dole Whip. I don't know whether to feel happy for them because they're trying it for the first time, or sad for myself because I don't have one in front of me!

To help pass the time while we wait for the application period to begin...what Disney treat do you wish you had in front of you right now?

My friends in Disney just texted me a picture of a Dole Whip. I don't know whether to feel happy for them because they're trying it for the first time, or sad for myself because I don't have one in front of me!

To help pass the time while we wait for the application period to begin...what Disney treat do you wish you had in front of you right now?

I could eat dole whip any day but I also crave Tonga toast...I am trying to convince my husband to fly me down for my birthday (it's Thursday!!!):rotfl2:

I agree that a Dole Whip is great but I like the Float version the best!
Another great treat is the School Bread in Norway. I just love the custard inside of it!

We have a very short trip coming up soon and a Dole whip will be on my treat card!

Ooh. . .I think I'll have to go with the school bread from Norway too. I'm not a big fan of pineapple so Dole Whips don't do it for me.

Awwww! Another reminder that I STILL haven't tried a Dole Whip yet! :sad2:
It might be really lame of me, but my favorite treat as of now is the triple chocolate cake that I ate almost everyday at the Everything Pop food court in May/June! :upsidedow

i am still a kid at heart and i love the mickey ears ice cream bars! we have 3 little boys and 2 of them share my "mouse ear" passion. :mickeybar the other one has a dairy allergy but there are plenty of other yummy treats that he enjoys. (secretly i also love the huge rice krispie treats on main street!)

i am really looking forward to the process this year and am hopeful to build some more relationships with all of you. the friends i've made from last year's journey have been a blast to follow. we took a short trip in february and have a 9 day trip planned for November. it will be our first time staying at the Wilderness Lodge (2 rooms) and we are so excited! it's such a majestic atmosphere and i know our boys are gonna flip when we walk in. :)

let's keep the encouragement coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter