Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a random thought earlier tonight - I wonder how many people schedule their Disney vacations in order to ensure that they fit the 12-month requirement. Normally, we go once a year or so - sometimes, it is as much as 18 months between trips, and then we make 2 within 6 months. Depending on the year, I may or may not be able to apply - which seems odd. Someone who was at WDW or Disneyland 364 days ago (when the apps open), and has no plans to return for several years is eligible, but someone who left WDW 370 days ago, and is going back in 2 weeks, is not.

I've thought about that too, as I just made the cutoff by 3 days this year - wahoo! I guess they have to make some sort of cutoff, and no matter what they chose, someone would *just* not make it.

More importantly, SAHDad - is your signature correct? That is an AMAZING running streak! :cheer2: I am seriously in awe.

I just noticed that on the Mom's panel application infro is says ..
"Be willing to participate for a minimum of 24 months. "

I don't remember this requirement from other years.
Has it been a more then one year commitment prior to this?

This was noted on last years application as well. The current Panel is made of of Panelists who joined in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Some rotate in and out, others take a "hiatus" for a year, etc. When you click on the BIO Page you can see Current and Past Panelists and often you'll see some of the "Past Panelists" become "Current" again. :) :grouphug:

:)

I've thought about that too, as I just made the cutoff by 3 days this year - wahoo! I guess they have to make some sort of cutoff, and no matter what they chose, someone would *just* not make it.

More importantly, SAHDad - is your signature correct? That is an AMAZING running streak! :cheer2: I am seriously in awe.

I understand the need for some cutoff, but I think it would be better for it to be "Have visited within X months, or will be visting again with Y months." Keep Y a small number, and it probably would not change the applicant pool too much.

The stats listed in my sig are not accurate - I need to update them. It's a decent streak, but there are runners out there whose streak spans decades, so mine looks pretty small by comparison.

I understand the need for some cutoff, but I think it would be better for it to be "Have visited within X months, or will be visting again with Y months." Keep Y a small number, and it probably would not change the applicant pool too much.

The stats listed in my sig are not accurate - I need to update them. It's a decent streak, but there are runners out there whose streak spans decades, so mine looks pretty small by comparison.

That's a good idea - that makes sense. They could make the Y number such that you would have to have been before the interview round, just to make sure people actually did go on their trip. It's a shame they don't ask us for the rules :lmao:
Don't diminsh your accomplishment! I'm sure there are others who have run longer, but the kind of dedication and persistance you've shown is really inspirational. (And, I imagine, incredibly healthy for you!)

It is so good to see so many familiar faces so early in the game this year. :cheer2:

I had a surprise yesterday that I thought I would share with you all.

A photo that I submitted ages ago was chosen as Disney Memories Picture of the week on Facebook.
I opened my FB page to see a photo of my father. :) Here is the thread that includes the link.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2761420

Dad passed away very suddenly this March. He was 94 and we had just returned from celebrating his birthday and my parents 71st wedding anniversary by having a family trip to Disney. They enjoyed their first trip with their great granddaughter, my first grand child. What wonderful memories we all have! He loved Disney World and I think may have only missed going one year since it opened. Many years he and my mom went more than once, just a few years ago I took them 4 times in one year! It was their HAPPY PLACE!

Enjoy the pic.

It is so good to see so many familiar faces so early in the game this years. :cheer2:

A photo that I submitted ages ago was chosen as Disney Memories Picture of the week on Facebook.
I opened my FB page to see a photo of my father. :) Here is the thread that includes the link.

Dad passed away very suddenly this March. He was 94 and we had just returned from celebrating his birthday and my parents 71st wedding anniversary by having a family trip to Disney. They enjoyed their first trip with their great granddaughter, my first grand child. What wonderful memories we all have! He loved Disney World and I think may have only missed going one year since it opened. Many years he and my mom went more than once, just a few years ago I took them 4 times in one year! It was their HAPPY PLACE!

Enjoy the pic.
Kim - first, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. What a fantastic picture of him, though. I'm so happy for you that they chose it and that you have such good memories of him in his happy place. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to apply again!! I made it to Round 3 last year which was exciting and terrifying at the same time. I can't wait to see what happens and which DISers make it this time around!!!

I remember following you last year! I hope you make it this time!!! Hopefully I will be joining you!!!:cool1:

It is so good to see so many familiar faces so early in the game this years. :cheer2:

Enjoy the pic.

Wow!!!! What a great memory! Leave it to Disney to be able to always put a spark back into your memories! I am so glad you got to take that trip with him. I am also so glad that they used this picture!!!

My father was 50 I was only 22 when he passed away and we were never able to take that trip...but I feel that every time my husband and son and I travel to Disney that my dad is joining in on the fun! :hug:

Enjoy the pic.

How awesome! I actually saw that picture I think yesterday when I was on FB! How neat that it is your Dad! That is a wonderful memory! :grouphug:

This is my very first post on DIS - I can't believe I haven't done this sooner! I am ECSTATIC at the chance to apply for the Mom's Panel this year and am counting down the days (which sounds like it will be a theme over the next few months-lol)
I am literally obsessed with WDW and nothing makes me happier than vacation planning! Can't wait! Good luck everyone!
Have a magical day!

I can't believe is that time already. This year has flown by!!! I got the the thread late last year. Good luck to all of you:goodvibes.

Welcome to the boards, Auntie Tiff!

Hope everybody in areas dealing with the heatwave are finding ways to keep cool today! I went to the frozen yogurt shop by me and filled my cup with pineapple frozen yogurt. Not quite as good as a Dole Whip, but it'll do!

I think it would be tough not to fill my shirt with frozen yogurt! It's blistering hot here today!

My son won a water bottle last week. He discovered it has a magic cap that sprays out a light mist. He immediately thought of packing it for our next trip to Disney World -- in just 17 days.

That will be a great way to beat the Florida heat!!
:beach:

I heading down to WDW in 11 days :cool1: I'm hoping this heatwave breaks. I'm melting up here in NY......can't imagine how I'll survive down in FL! :worried:

I heading down to WDW in 11 days :cool1: I'm hoping this heatwave breaks. I'm melting up here in NY......can't imagine how I'll survive down in FL! :worried:
Congrats on your trip! Aren't the last several days the hardest?? I'm at 32 days and I'm going crazy. :rotfl:

Thank you!! It is always magical in Disney. :wizard:

It is only 14 days now. i must have counted wrong.
Woo hoo! :cool1:

OK everyone.

50 days to the first round. Everybody ready? Everyone remember the rules?

No cutting and pasting from word.
No worrying about if you hit the "Submit" button in the right place.

AND

No thinking "Wasn't I good enough?" if you don't get picked. The answer is "Yes, you were good enough.", but you have to remember it is a numbers game. There are thousands applying, and sometimes others just get picked. Nothing more, nothing less.

Going to be in WDW right after that, and will be thinking of you all!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter