• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha!

What a great thread with lots of beautiful pictures! I recently changed from the CR to the Poly, and decided to splurge and book lagoon view CL with the 4/3 deal! Don't know how I'll afford it, but will worry about that later!

I have never stayed concierge, and was hoping for some tips. I saw the times and food offerings, the pics of food and the view from the lounge, etc, but not really sure about everything else that goes on. What other amenities do you get at CL? We'll be arriving around six pm...when we get off the ME, do we tell someone we're staying CL? During our last visit, I saw people go by on golf carts and was wondering if that was for CL guests. Do we go straight to Hawaii to check in? How and when do you get in touch with concierge services before your trip to make ADRs? I read about an animal excursion you can take...what exactly is that? Do you tip concierge CMs? If so, when, and how much? And probably the most important question of all: Views. I decided on lagoon view, and was wondering if there are any views on the lagoon side of Hawaii that you can't see anything but trees or shrubs? Can you see the castle from all the rooms? And if you end up with a second floor room with no balcony, what is it like not having a balcony? Can you pull chairs up close to look out? Is it dangerous for children? I can't picture what the room is like with sliding doors that open but no balcony.

Sorry about all the questions, I'm sure I will have a ton more and look forward to learning as much as I can. TIA for all your help :flower3:

I can only answer about having a room with the sliding doors (we are staying club level next trip). We had a 2nd floor room in Tuvalu and you won't have to worry about the children, it is safe.

I can only answer about having a room with the sliding doors (we are staying club level next trip). We had a 2nd floor room in Tuvalu and you won't have to worry about the children, it is safe.

Thanks. What is it like without a balcony? I think I'd prefer to be on an upper floor, but my DS likes to relax out on the balcony....Did you feel like you were missing out without a balcony or patio?

I can't picture what a second floor room looks like without a balcony. Does anyone have a picture from their room looking out to the lagoon without a balcony? can you sit up close as if you were on a balcony??? The last few trips I enjoyed sitting on the balcony while DS was sleeping, but I guess you can't do that if you have a second floor room, right?

Here's a photo from the outside of a building (Hawaii) showing the 2nd floor that doesn't have a balcony.

IMG_0389.jpg

Hope that helps - you can see the slider is very close to the balcony railing. I've never been in one of those rooms - I'm not sure if there's even enough room to step out of the door or not.

if I remember right, you can't step out the door on the 2nd floor. You can open the slider for air, but the railing is really close. Third floor has 2 chairs and a small drink table. You can sit out there, but no room for your ds to play. We used it mostly to hang up wet bathing suits and towels. Oldest ds used it to pretend to do his math homework and call his friends at school.

Just got back from my first stay at the Poly. I hadn't planned on doing online check in because I had read on the boards that you probably would loose out on a possible upgrade. Then I decided to go ahead and do it since I thought only GV rooms were left after checking online. We got there at 7:30 am on 09/26 and went to the online check in desk. The CM said that he thought we were in the Hawaii bldg and we needed to check in there. I said no I don't think so we are GV not CL. He went to check and yes we had been upgraded to CL. I was in shock. So off we went to Hawaii to check in. The only snag we hit was the Concierge didn't activate the DLX Dining on our KTW so we ended up paying out of pocket for our lunch that day at Le Cellier. They did credit the amount back to the room. DH was a little upset, but got over it eventually. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had a GV. I didn't mind this since I only paid for GV, but now I had GV with amenities.

V cool :) How long did you stay at the Poly?

Awesome pics Vicki_C :thumbsup2

Good morning, as you can see I was eager to jump back into this thread and start planning! :banana: I got a few responses last night about the 2nd floor balconies (thank you), and was hoping to hear from someone who has stayed on the second floor and could talk about their experience in the room and if not having a balcony was a big deal. I have been poring through the dis and tikiman's sites looking at the ground level rooms and I really like the view of the castle from higher up off the ground. But I don't know how I'd feel about not having a balcony. I'd love to see a picture from the inside of the room looking out. Can anyone share their 2nd floor experience? I know one perk of second floor is that you are on the same floor as the lounge :thumbsup2

Good morning, as you can see I was eager to jump back into this thread and start planning! :banana: I got a few responses last night about the 2nd floor balconies (thank you), and was hoping to hear from someone who has stayed on the second floor and could talk about their experience in the room and if not having a balcony was a big deal. I have been poring through the dis and tikiman's sites looking at the ground level rooms and I really like the view of the castle from higher up off the ground. But I don't know how I'd feel about not having a balcony. I'd love to see a picture from the inside of the room looking out. Can anyone share their 2nd floor experience? I know one perk of second floor is that you are on the same floor as the lounge :thumbsup2
:surfweb:
Sorry...I have no photos showing the view from the second floor sliding door area. But I'm sure that someone here will come up with one.
In the meantime, I wanted to mention that the lounge is actually on the second and third floor. the third floor area is kind of like a loft with more seating over looking the serving area on the second floor and a higher view of Seven Seas Lagoon

I made my final payment this week (woo hoo!!) and put in my room request. I ended up requesting First Floor Tokelau, corner room by the beach.

I know that doens't mean that I will get that room, however, has anyone ever stayed in that room? Was this a good choice?

I just want to be able to put the baby to sleep and have the big guys be able to watch the EWP and Wishes without while being able to stay on the patio or VERY close to it.

We are just back from our FIRST trip with our children (ages 6 and 4) and our first stay at the Poly! We LOVED it! Why we loved the Polynesian...

1) LOCATION!!! LOCATION!!! LOCATION!!!
2) Relaxed atmosphere
3) Friendly CMs
4) Lush foliage
5) Transportation options! The monorail service was down for a little more than 24 hours of our trip. DD and I were in line to ride the monorail (just before they shut it down) over to the the Grand Floridian for a princess tea party. DH and DS had just departed (with our car) to the FAntasia Gardens Mini Golf course. I knew there was a walking path to the GF. THANKFULLY, I found that...hot footed it over to the GF and made it in time for our tea party! Location of the poly was key!:thumbsup2 There is also a boat that goes Poly >>>> MK >>>>GF>>>>Poly (I think that's the route).
6) Large rooms
7) day bed for dd so DD and DS could have their own beds....both are tossers/turners so this provided great sleep for them.:)
8) The restaurant options (at the Poly) and at the GF and CR (quick monorail or boat ride over).
9)wildlife - we saw ducks, herons, lizards, a frog, and a bunny on our stay!

Thanks. What is it like without a balcony? I think I'd prefer to be on an upper floor, but my DS likes to relax out on the balcony....Did you feel like you were missing out without a balcony or patio?

We did not miss having a balcony. We would open the slider at night when we watched the water parade( went right by our building, Tuvalu) and to watch the fireworks. The railing is right outside the sliding door. So you cannot step out. I am sorry I don't have a picture of the view.

We did not miss having a balcony. We would open the slider at night when we watched the water parade( went right by our building, Tuvalu) and to watch the fireworks. The railing is right outside the sliding door. So you cannot step out. I am sorry I don't have a picture of the view.

That's ok that you don't have a picture. I've posted similar questions on the general disney resorts board as well and my fears have been quelled. At this point I am just going to request 3rd floor, but if I end up somewhere else, I just hope I have a good view of the castle :cloud9: If not, I can always request to move, right? Thanks for your responses, they have helped a lot!

My sister and I got back last Sunday from an 11 day stay at the Poly. I had booked Club Level-Lagoon view. Last October, I nearly fell over when I saw how much it was and I was worried it wouldn't be worth it.

OMG, so worth it. We had a fantastic view, and were on the 3rd floor. The castle was in our direct line of vision. Most nights, my sister and I would make root beer floats(root beer from refillable mug station, vanilla soft serve from the Dole Whip machine) and sit on our balcony and watch Wishes, and the EWP. In the mornings, we'd get some breakfast items and coffee from the lounge and eat breakfast out there.

Of course, all the CMs at the Poly were outstanding as usual. Saw 2 little bunnies that we named Tiki and Poly.

My sister is now the 3rd Poly addict in my family..getting ready to book 2010 and it will be the Poly again.:love::cloud9:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/hamsters71/?action=view&current=IMG_0278.jpg

I had some more questions about club level. Is there a microwave in the lounge, and if not, could a CM heat something up for you? I'm thinking of doing a light dinner in the lounge a few nights and if there's nothing that DS likes, I was thinking of bringing a packet of soup or EasyMac or something to heat up...and I was wondering if the hot snack service ends at seven, if you get into the lounge a little past that if there is ever food left, or is it promptly removed at seven? Is there anything not in the lounge that they store in the back(I've read choco milk, bottles of water, and yogurt, just wondering what else might be hiding back there!)(and what kind of yogurt do they have?)

Also, I read in one of these posts that they have bathrobes in your room...can you buy them to bring home with you? Do they have the Polynesian logo on them?

TIA, I'm sure I'll have more questions coming!

I had some more questions about club level. Is there a microwave in the lounge, and if not, could a CM heat something up for you? I'm thinking of doing a light dinner in the lounge a few nights and if there's nothing that DS likes, I was thinking of bringing a packet of soup or EasyMac or something to heat up...and I was wondering if the hot snack service ends at seven, if you get into the lounge a little past that if there is ever food left, or is it promptly removed at seven? Is there anything not in the lounge that they store in the back(I've read choco milk, bottles of water, and yogurt, just wondering what else might be hiding back there!)(and what kind of yogurt do they have?)

Also, I read in one of these posts that they have bathrobes in your room...can you buy them to bring home with you? Do they have the Polynesian logo on them?

TIA, I'm sure I'll have more questions coming!

Robes - no logos - just plain white. You can probably buy them if you wanted, but I've never asked.

Food is pretty much removed promptly at the ending time, I assume because the staff wants to go home or get ready for the next meal service, etc.

I heard that there is a microwave in the back, but they will not use it to heat up anything brought in by guests. I'm sure it's a food contamination / safety issue.

As to what's in the back, I have no clue because we never asked for anything - we just ate what was out, but I have read yogurt and chocolate milk. Water - if you want a whole bottle for your room, you can just ask, like you ask for the beer. They are large glass bottles, not the plastic kind of bottle you could take to the parks or anything.

We are just back from our FIRST trip with our children (ages 6 and 4) and our first stay at the Poly! We LOVED it! Why we loved the Polynesian...

1) LOCATION!!! LOCATION!!! LOCATION!!!
2) Relaxed atmosphere
3) Friendly CMs
4) Lush foliage
5) Transportation options! The monorail service was down for a little more than 24 hours of our trip. DD and I were in line to ride the monorail (just before they shut it down) over to the the Grand Floridian for a princess tea party. DH and DS had just departed (with our car) to the FAntasia Gardens Mini Golf course. I knew there was a walking path to the GF. THANKFULLY, I found that...hot footed it over to the GF and made it in time for our tea party! Location of the poly was key!:thumbsup2 There is also a boat that goes Poly >>>> MK >>>>GF>>>>Poly (I think that's the route).
6) Large rooms
7) day bed for dd so DD and DS could have their own beds....both are tossers/turners so this provided great sleep for them.:)
8) The restaurant options (at the Poly) and at the GF and CR (quick monorail or boat ride over).
9)wildlife - we saw ducks, herons, lizards, a frog, and a bunny on our stay!

My sister and I got back last Sunday from an 11 day stay at the Poly. I had booked Club Level-Lagoon view. Last October, I nearly fell over when I saw how much it was and I was worried it wouldn't be worth it.

OMG, so worth it. We had a fantastic view, and were on the 3rd floor. The castle was in our direct line of vision. Most nights, my sister and I would make root beer floats(root beer from refillable mug station, vanilla soft serve from the Dole Whip machine) and sit on our balcony and watch Wishes, and the EWP. In the mornings, we'd get some breakfast items and coffee from the lounge and eat breakfast out there.

Of course, all the CMs at the Poly were outstanding as usual. Saw 2 little bunnies that we named Tiki and Poly.

My sister is now the 3rd Poly addict in my family..getting ready to book 2010 and it will be the Poly again.:love::cloud9:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/hamsters71/?action=view&current=IMG_0278.jpg

Thanks for sharing your reports with all of us.:surfweb: Glad you had such great Polynesian vacations.:goodvibes

Great pictures, Vicki. Thanks for sharing.

gottagetmydisneyfix, there is a microwave at Captain Cooks. It is a short walk.

The food is removed at 7pm. Before you know it, dessert service begins at 8. The CMs are usually pretty busy between service. However, cold drinks, coffee and tea are still out.

I'm sure I've read this somewhere in the old thread, put I told my DH I'd ask ... he likes to sleep with a fan at night. Are fans available from mousekeeping? (I think I've read that they have big box fans they can bring you).

Hey Poly fans! I am going for the first time 11/1. All I know about the Poly is from what you guys have said and the pictures you have posted ..so thanks! Someone posted my q about hair care products but it was at the POR. I was very curious what the hair care products were at the Poly?

Hey Poly fans! I am going for the first time 11/1. All I know about the Poly is from what you guys have said and the pictures you have posted ..so thanks! Someone posted my q about hair care products but it was at the POR. I was very curious what the hair care products were at the Poly?

How exciting!!! :cheer2:

The Polynesian has H2O Aquatics Line Shampoo and Conditioner - as well as soap, bath gel and body lotion. These are nice products. :)

http://www.h2oplus.com/retail2002/productlist.aspx?category=Bath+Aquatics

Happy planning!!!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter