ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Maryj11 - Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We also requested Tokelau, ground floor for our trip next month. Hope we have the same luck you did. So glad you enjoyed your trip. :goodvibes

Yes I hope you get your request. I called about 10 days before our trip to check to see if my room request was on the reservation and it was not :confused3. I had made a room request a few months before that. So I asked them if they could add Tokelau ground floor. So you may want to double check and see if it is on your reservations. I think some CM say they added your room request and do not even do it.

Thanks! :)

I'm hoping they have purple when we get there ...my DDs are partial to purple...it's an LSU thing ;)

but the hubby will like the black....no girly color for him :lmao:

Maybe they will by then, who knows they change them all the time. The pink is pretty maybe she would like it, its kind of a hot pink color.

Ok... I already know the answer to this (I think) :confused3... but, just to clarify.... We are staying TPV CL in Nov/Dec and we stayed there last year and I was there in May... HOWEVER... my parents will both have ECV's so our only option of transport to the MK is the Monorail correct? They won't go on those small boats will they? :sad2:

Ok... I already know the answer to this (I think) :confused3... but, just to clarify.... We are staying TPV CL in Nov/Dec and we stayed there last year and I was there in May... HOWEVER... my parents will both have ECV's so our only option of transport to the MK is the Monorail correct? They won't go on those small boats will they? :sad2:

No I don't believe ECV are even allowed on the small boats ... another option is to go to the TTC (which is within walking distance - 5 min max) and take the big ferry boat.

I have booked a TP view and I was wondering which longhouse is better? Tuvalu, Tahiti and Aotearoa? I personnally like having a balcony but it isn't a deal breaker. Just which one would give you the best view of the Magic Kingdom and fireworks?

Would Hawaii be better? Yes, I know it has the lounge but if you don't want to sit in the lounge for the fireworks would their rooms (TP view) be the best for fireworks?

Good Morning all!!

I wanted to give you all a heads up that Tracey, Shari and I started a PTR for our upcoming trip in October! A 3 in 1 PTR!!

We would love for you to plan with us! Check it out popcorn:: Link is in my siggy!

Hey everyone!!
Just wanted to share my happiness!! We have upgraded to a Theme Park view room for Dec. 16th-23rd. We have NEVER stayed at the Polynesian and I am looking so forward to it. We got reservations for Ohana's one night and I cannot wait for my (then 4) year old to go to the Neverland club.

I am hoping that it is as fabulous as I constantly dream it to be!!

I have booked a TP view and I was wondering which longhouse is better? Tuvalu, Tahiti and Aotearoa? I personnally like having a balcony but it isn't a deal breaker. Just which one would give you the best view of the Magic Kingdom and fireworks?

Would Hawaii be better? Yes, I know it has the lounge but if you don't want to sit in the lounge for the fireworks would their rooms (TP view) be the best for fireworks?

We stayed LV in Tahiti last Sept. and loved it. We requested a first floor room so dd could walk right out to the beach and it was perfect, the parade and fireworks were easily visible from the room.

Hey everyone!!
Just wanted to share my happiness!! We have upgraded to a Theme Park view room for Dec. 16th-23rd. We have NEVER stayed at the Polynesian and I am looking so forward to it. We got reservations for Ohana's one night and I cannot wait for my (then 4) year old to go to the Neverland club.

I am hoping that it is as fabulous as I constantly dream it to be!!

I am so happy for you!!:cool1:,theme park view will be so neat at night,you will have to show us some pictures of the castle. Oue trip is less then a week and still can not get resvp at O'hanns have fun

We are so excited I have been planning our 7th trip since Nov of 2010. I have been throught resvp through 7 resorts,two of them twice to finaly land at the Poly. So I have requested a marina view(from the times we have eaten at O'hannas and always have been seated by the marina:goodvibes, so what building would i be looking at?, how far from the monirail I am i looking and from the ferry to mk is it

No I don't believe ECV are even allowed on the small boats ... another option is to go to the TTC (which is within walking distance - 5 min max) and take the big ferry boat.

You are correct that the small resort launches cannot accommodate ECVs, so the monrail, large paddle wheel ferry boat from the TTC and buses are your options. I use an ECV & love the big ferry boat. Easy on and off. Remember, though, the monorail now no longer runs after late hours. In that case, you have only the large ferry boat or buses. Too bad about the monorail change--it has a huge negative impact on we handicapped guests. (Not that we are the only ones).

Does anyone know if the CL lounge has Kona coffee or the usual WDW nescafe nastiness? 10 days! So close!

Thanks==I was afraid of that! Guess my DBF will have to keep toddling to the GCH in the morning for my coffee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter