ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jul 19, 2011.

1. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Single digit dance!
    :dance3::banana::cool1:

4. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

:cool1::rotfl2::banana::woohoo::dance3::yay:

5. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

thanks,i sent out Friday its going to get there via UPS by friday:cool1:,just In time we arrive on saturday

6. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

do you know If Capt cook was open 24hrs??, if so what did they serve in the morinings around 6:30??

7. DT83097

DT83097 DIS Veteran

Did a TON of packing last night - although I'm pretty sure I packed way too many shirts for myself :) Now to just get through 5 LONG days at work and we are off :cool1:

8. ddluvsdisney

ddluvsdisney DIS Veteran

They were open early can't remember if it was 6 or 7. I only got a hot b-fast once from Capt. Cooks and that was Tonga toast. I'm not a big b-fast fan so we usually ate muffins and chocolate croissant things that were very good. I'm not sure of the time they opened b/c we usually got the pastries the night before so we could just eat in the room. They do have quite more than I thought though, just can't remember specifics. I'm sure someone else will be able to tell all the offerings.
    Have a great trip :)

9. Barbara C

Barbara C Mouseketeer

I can't believe we'll be at the Poly in 4 more days (I know my ticker says 5 but we're leaving Friday - that's only 4 days - right??)

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I hope I can make it through work this week!!

10. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

I have gone in there as early as 0500. I am sure they are still open 24 hours.

11. megreg

megreg Earning My Ears

We leave in 4 days, :woohoo:.. Now only if the weather would cooperate, doesn't look to promising for the first few days of our trip...

12. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Have Fun !! Dont worry to much about the weather when we went this past labor day week it was saying 50 to 60% rain everyday and it only rained about an hour each day :banana:

13. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

So many people getting ready to go!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I hope everyone has a magical vacation :wizard:

14. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Thanks Breezy!

I can't believe in one week I'll be getting everything in order (read: panicking) to leave the next day! :woohoo:

15. TimmerK

TimmerK Earning My Ears

Another quick question for the good people of this thread:

Do the TVs in the Polynesian have spare HDMI inputs? If so, I'll bring a cable, since I'm bringing my notebook to watch movies on the train down.

Thanks,

16. megreg

megreg Earning My Ears

Thanks for the positive vibes! One of my BFF's lives in Orlando and she also told me not to worry, but as a Mom and wanting the most amazing vacation for the kids, I do, LOL.... I just finished bleaching our rain poncho's from our trip in 2008, so we'll be ready regardless!

17. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

For anyone that has stayed 1st floor Hawaii, TPV: if the beach in front of Hawaii is crowded for fireworks, and you are sitting on your patio, are the crowds in your way?

18. megreg

megreg Earning My Ears

We were there in October, so def. lower crowds. We always watched from the Patio when we stayed in Hawaii TPV, but the beach was not crowded at all...

19. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

We took rain ponchos and umbrellas and only used our umbrellas because the ponchos made us to hot :thumbsup2 It was easier to pop up the umbrella for a bit .

20. Capt. Barbosa

Capt. Barbosa DIS Veteran

Woo hoo wasn't sure being a DVC member the next time I could get back to the Poly, but my flights changed so I'm in a day earlier than expected so I called and got a room at the Poly Lagoon View on an AP rate for the night. :cool1:

21. sandym718

sandym718 DIS Veteran

We've been in there about 4 am, before leaving for home. Definitely open 24 hours, but at that time it's just the packaged type items. I would imagine that by 6:30 the pastry case is restocked and the kitchen is open or about to.