ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Can you walk directly from the Tahiti lodge to the ferry boats of the TTA, or must you leave the Polynesian Resort and enter the TTA from the "front"?

In other words, can you follow the beach, or is there a path, along the lagoon, or is there a fence or something blocking the way?

Can you walk directly from the Tahiti lodge to the ferry boats of the TTA, or must you leave the Polynesian Resort and enter the TTA from the "front"?

In other words, can you follow the beach, or is there a path, along the lagoon, or is there a fence or something blocking the way?

From the Tahiti Longhouse, there is a walkway (paved) to TTC. The path runs through the Polynesian property which would be the back side of Tahiti. You cannot follow the beach to the Ferry and must enter from the front entrance to TTC.

From Tahiti it will take you 5 minutes or less to get to the ferry or monorails.

From the Tahiti Longhouse, there is a walkway (paved) to TTC. The path runs through the Polynesian property which would be the back side of Tahiti. You cannot follow the beach to the Ferry and must enter from the front entrance to TTC.

From Tahiti it will take you 5 minutes or less to get to the ferry or monorails.

Thanks so much for the info!

Kind of - DH worked a charity poker tournament there last weekend (Northville Downs) :goodvibes We live about 1 hour west down 94. We just started looking at building ourselves.....hopefully in the spring / summer but we'll see.

We should get to the resort around 2:00 (or earlier) - planning to kind of chill that afternoon and hit Epcot that evening for Illuminations. Next week is going to be seriously difficult to focus at work!
We are getting there rather early, driving in Friday night so Sat. morning we will be there bright and early. Have ressies for a character breakfast and gonna hit MK for a short bit. Then we are gonna chill at the pool for a bit while my younger DD naps and then DTD and TREX for dinner. My Dad lives in FL, so he is gonna meet us for 2 days, so should be fun.. So hoping the weather cooperates!

DH was born and raised in Brighton, about 30 miles West of 96 but I needed some space between the in-laws and myself :rolleyes1.. so we choose Northville, mainly for the great schools but also close to Ann Arbor, where his office is.... Plus, it's near the MALL!

I try not to worry about the weather until we are actually there - we've had several trips where the forecast prior showed 7-10 days of scattered thunderstorms including our trip last year. A few times we experienced the very short Florida afternoon shower (1 or 2 days tops), but otherwise beautiful blue skies and NO rain the entire trip!! Grab some ponchos and play in the rain if you have to - it's Disney afterall and we're allowed to be kids :goodvibes See you there!

That's a great attitude :) :thumbsup2

See you at the Poly :banana:

Well I'm glad your on the up swing with sinus infections & its long gone before trip:). Good news about lugguge tags. Policy on Annual Passes. Any AP purchased at WDW now receives an activated pass, not a voucher. (NOTE: vouchers may be purchased by request at any of the Guest Relations locations at WDW.) This pass will expire one year from the date of purchase, not the previous one year from first use. The date of expiration is clearly printed with the words "Expires on" on the AP itself. Hope this helps!:wizard: If you purchase a voucher, when you transfer it to actual AP it will then be activated.... not first use.

Good to know...thanks for the info!

I think we will get the AP before we get there so I can take advantage of the 35% off discount they have on rooms right now. Our last night at the Poly we are still paying rack rate and that would get us $162 each back for two rooms. That's F&W spending money!!!

Okay, when we were thinking of staying at the WL, one of the posters commented that after he did his online check-in that he was able to go in and see what room he was booked at. He was able to see that first he was in his standard room, then he noticed one day he was upgraded to a courtyard view and then finally to CL.

Has anyone ever checked in on-line and gone back and noticed a room assignment actually in there? (I am not looking for the upgrade, I'm sure this was pixie dust for this particular individual.)

I have a completely free Saturday, sans kids, to myself!!! No plans at all!! Think I'm going to pull out our vacation DVDs and have a WDW fest while dreaming of the Poly. :goodvibes:

Okay, when we were thinking of staying at the WL, one of the posters commented that after he did his online check-in that he was able to go in and see what room he was booked at. He was able to see that first he was in his standard room, then he noticed one day he was upgraded to a courtyard view and then finally to CL.

Has anyone ever checked in on-line and gone back and noticed a room assignment actually in there? (I am not looking for the upgrade, I'm sure this was pixie dust for this particular individual.)

That happened for us one year. We were GV CL and about a week or little less prior to our arrival, our reservation changed and showed LV (no TPV at that time) CL. Upon arrival we were indeed upgraded to LV and had a spectacular dead on view. :thumbsup2

The Polynesian is now my most favorite Disney Resort ! We arrived around 3:00pm and did online check in. I had requested Tokelau, first floor, and we got exactly what we requested. The most perfect location for us, we were very pleased with our room. We were in room 1939 in Tokelau on the end close to the main building. We loved being greeted by all the CM with ahola ! DGD and I now say aloha instead of hello :rotfl:
We were worried that it would rain every day because the forecast said 50 to 60% chance each day. It only rained about an hour each day, so that was great !
The lobby was beautiful and we strolled through all the shops, we really liked the Wyland Galleries with all the beautiful art work. I would of loved to buy a bunch of stuff in there :rotfl:
The first night we rode the resort monorail to MK and rode the boat back. I really enjoyed the quick service of the monorail and the relaxing boat ride back. Our most favorite thing to do at the Poly was go to the pool at night and swim then watch the water parade and fireworks. It was beautiful out there at night with the torches lite up . We did not once get asked for our resort ID to swim, but there was only around 10 people swimming each time we went to the pool.
The next morning we had the character breakfast at Ohana, the food was really good ! I especially like the juice which was a mixture of orange juice and some other juices that I cant remember now. Anyway it was really good :thumbsup2. We also loved the Dole Whip at Captain Cooks !
We also had dinner at Ohana our last night and got a great seat facing the lake where we could see the water parade and fireworks. The food and atmosphere were great ! The only I thought was they could of served some potatoes :laughing:, they had lots of meat and it was very good. My DGD enjoyed the coconut races and activities they had for her.
I took a lot of pictures but a lot of them turned out blurry or orange in color. I definitley need a new camera. I will post the ones that turned out well later.
Oh another exciting thing that happened the last night we were there the christian music groups preforming at the Night of Joy were arriving to stay at the Polynesian. My most favorite song in the world is I can only imagine and of all things Mercy Me walked right past me as I was leaving our building ! I didnt say anything to them, I didnt even say hello :sad2:, I guess I was to surprised to speak :rotfl: The lady at the desk said there were 3 groups staying there.

For those there now or ....just came back....what colors are the refillable mugs available in right now?

I want purple...:drinking:

They were like gray with pink , blue , and black lids and handles.

Thanks! :)

I'm hoping they have purple when we get there ...my DDs are partial to purple...it's an LSU thing ;)

but the hubby will like the black....no girly color for him :lmao:

Maryj11 - Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We also requested Tokelau, ground floor for our trip next month. Hope we have the same luck you did. So glad you enjoyed your trip. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter