ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We r staying off property for the first 6 nights so we can stay Poly GVCL for 5 nights. I am going to drop one night off the condo rental in Reunion and a day off the car and add a night to the Poly. it works for me!! I am soooo excited, especially since the Poly is a surprise for my Poly loyalists children, lol. pixiedust:

Just checking... I think I know but just wanted to double check... Hawaii doesn't have any king beds, right? I believe I saw that but just wanted to make sure!

I think it is correct to say Hawaii "didn't" have any King beds. With the refurb, all of the longhouses are rumored to get some king rooms, we just really don't know yet. There haven't been enough people from here staying there yet to know for sure.

I think it is correct to say Hawaii "didn't" have any King beds. With the refurb, all of the longhouses are rumored to get some king rooms, we just really don't know yet. There haven't been enough people from here staying there yet to know for sure.

I think maybe ill email the IPO to ask. Can't hurt to ask!

According to Tikiman no Longhouses with Lagoon View or TPV will have King Beds. He says Fiji, Samoa, one in Niue (HA) and Rarotonga

I think maybe ill email the IPO to ask. Can't hurt to ask!

That is a good idea they should know for sure.

Happy Easter !​

Hello we are thinking about staying here but not sure what rooms are the best it looks very spread out:confused: Tanks:)

Hello we are thinking about staying here but not sure what rooms are the best it looks very spread out:confused: Tanks:)

Depends on your preferences!

Do you want to be near the main pool?
Close to main house?
Quiet area?
Water view?
Theme park view?

Don't let the map panic you if this is what you are referencing to, not as big as it looks! Well at least compared to value and moderate resorts!

I am staying at the Poly for the first time it does look big and spread out on the map but if you start researching the various Longhouses on Tikiman's site you will see it is quite compact as compared to the Values and some Mods as pp said. The furthest away longhouse from TTC is only about a six minute walk.

I have confirmation, through Tikiman's Facebook page, from someone staying at the Poly this week that Samoa did reopen on the 25th. They seem to be staying on schedule and this is the second building (Hawaii and now Samoa) to open at or nearly on time as reported on Tikiman’s excellent post from last week. Now I hope I can get our request in 2 weeks!

Mike

This just made my day!!!!!!!!!!

we're planning our first trip to the poly in june. :hyper:

we're staying in a standard room and we'd like to have a view of the volcano pool. it looks like samoa would be our best bet, but the 2nd floor rooms don't have balconies, correct? so what's the best option for a balcony (or patio) AND a view of the volcano pool?

So excited! At the Dolphin now and will be checking into the Polynesian's CL tomorrow~!!!!!:hyper:

Happy Easter! :cloud9:

My children have learned that some of the resorts allow decorating of doors, etc. We will be traveling over Thanksgiving, and they are hoping to decorate our door and balcony. Does anyone know if this is allowed at the Poly? Any advice would be most helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter