ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to share my excitement :cheer2:

I was able to change the first half of our trip this morning so we're spending the whole week at Poly GVCL :cool1: We were originally planning on the first two nights at AoA, but when the 30% discount came out for those nights, I thought we could switch and do the whole week at the Poly. Unfortunately, the CMs on the phone last week weren't able to give me the discount on those two nights (when I called with my Disney Visa card). But this morning, I went online and entered the dates for our whole week (8/13-8/20) and it DID give me the discount on the first two nights :thumbsup2 I guess the CMs just didn't think of doing this, and maybe the discount needs a minimum number of nights :confused3

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but I'm just so excited! It's my dream to spend a whole week at the Poly and club level, and it's coming true :cloud9:

Have to go change my ticker....:dance3:

I was able to change the first half of our trip this morning so we're spending the whole week at Poly GVCL :cool1: We were originally planning on the first two nights at AoA, but when the 30% discount came out for those nights, I thought we could switch and do the whole week at the Poly. Unfortunately, the CMs on the phone last week weren't able to give me the discount on those two nights (when I called with my Disney Visa card). But this morning, I went online and entered the dates for our whole week (8/13-8/20) and it DID give me the discount on the first two nights :thumbsup2 I guess the CMs just didn't think of doing this, and maybe the discount needs a minimum number of nights :confused3

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but I'm just so excited! It's my dream to spend a whole week at the Poly and club level, and it's coming true :cloud9:

Glad you were able to get the Poly for the whole time :yay:.

Happy for you and your family!
I depart tomorrow and am all packed and ready. I woke up to snow AGAIN this morning so can't wait for hat FL sun!

Happy for you and your family!
I depart tomorrow and am all packed and ready. I woke up to snow AGAIN this morning so can't wait for hat FL sun!

Have a fantastic trip! And be sure to come back and tell us all about it :thumbsup2
Snowing here too, although I'm seeing some blue sky now...maybe spring will be here some day....

Awesome!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

I believe it is a driver's license. I can't see why they would require a boating license. Also, as Sheila pointed out, .

Just a heads up...we rented Sea Raycers for our boys in June and they were just 13 at the time...the requirement was 12 years old and at least 5' tall. We had to sign waviers for them...but they obviously didn't have drivers licences. Just thought I'd let you know our experience.

Today is 60 days out for us so I did online check in since I could. :banana: There was the standard info asked...expected time of arrival, departure, etc. One thing to note is that as part of the process the system would have bypassed the special request/amenities portion if we hadn't selected that from the pull down. Once we were on that sub-page they gave a list of all the long houses, second floor, balcony and patio. Of the entire list you were able to select two. At the bottom of the page there was a box you could check that said room ready upon arrival. If you checked this box then that would supersede any choices you made from the list at the top of the page.

Just thought I'd share since online check in appears to have changed since we visited last. I know a lot of people are having issue with the My Disney Experience apps and website but we haven't had those issues. Thus far they get a big thumbs up from me.

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I'm not currently subscribed to this thread.

Pete Werner just announced on the DisUnplugged Live that 20 'bungalows' of one and two bedrooms each are going to be built starting this year at the Poly. They will extend out into the water and be accessed via a dock. The assumption is that these will be DVC.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Just a heads up...we rented Sea Raycers for our boys in June and they were just 13 at the time...the requirement was 12 years old and at least 5' tall. We had to sign waviers for them...but they obviously didn't have drivers licences. Just thought I'd let you know our experience.

Was that the requirement to drive one or to actually have one of their own?

My oldest will be 13 when we go in October and I was hoping he would be able to have one of his own.

Is the Moana Minnie's Arcade the one in the great ceremonial house? I looked at the map and it appears that it's located inside where the Neverland Club is? What arcade am I thinking of then? I know we've seen one in the great ceremonial house.

If you were booked in a Lagoon View room what would you request for the best view but still fairly close the the GCH? View being most important.

Since it's been more than 24 hours and 3 pages ago I figured it's safe to quote myself to ask again. Anybody?

Great thank-you!

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I'm not currently subscribed to this thread.

Pete Werner just announced on the DisUnplugged Live that 20 'bungalows' of one and two bedrooms each are going to be built starting this year at the Poly. They will extend out into the water and be accessed via a dock. The assumption is that these will be DVC.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I saw Tikiman reported this as well...I know many are against DVC coming to Poly....but I think it sounds positively dreamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Tikiman reported this as well...I know many are against DVC coming to Poly....but I think it sounds positively dreamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only saw his DVC speculation posts on his website in July:scratchin. Where did he post about the 20 Bungalows? I thought this was breaking news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!