ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been doing the same thing since our last visit in December! Even thought this will be our 4th trip in a year, we are still excited and I do obsess. The DIS and EasyWDW.com make it all the more “easy” to do so.

I made the a slight change to our ADRs last week and now have nothing left to do…

Mike

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (5 ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, Pre-2010 too many off sites to remember, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!
http://distickers.com/ticker/
http://distickers.com/ticker/

I wish I could say I only slightly change ADRs. Haha. I change them Daily!!! Just keep tweaking our days.......and now especially since we switched to Poly for first part if vaca. Want to visit restaurants closer to monorail area for first 4 days!!!

I only have 3 months and 3 weeks left to obsess :)

Well I did try to attemp searching for this, but the search word "ME" brings up TONS of posts!!!!!

Can someone tell me if thre ME bus is stops at more than one resort before the Poly?

Also, do the HS, AK, DTD buses share with the other resorts close by?

TIA

Well I did try to attemp searching for this, but the search word "ME" brings up TONS of posts!!!!!

Can someone tell me if thre ME bus is stops at more than one resort before the Poly?

TIA

When I was there last June, and staying at the Polynesian, the Poly was the first stop.

a915fef7.jpg

I can't tell you the order the bus went after the Poly though.

I wish I could say I only slightly change ADRs. Haha. I change them Daily!!! Just keep tweaking our days.......and now especially since we switched to Poly for first part if vaca. Want to visit restaurants closer to monorail area for first 4 days!!!

I only have 3 months and 3 weeks left to obsess :)

I have about the same amount of time to obsess! We are hoping that the IPO comes through with a BOG reservation for our last night... if that miracle happens then we will be switching a few things around... I tweek our plans each night... adding a bit to our "planner" that I created... today I added information about the cabana rental...
Needless to say, I'm going to be a real mess when this trip is over and I am no longer planning it!

TIA

In Jan. the order for ME was WL, CR, Poly, GF.

For park buses CR, Poly, GF.

I'm beyond excited! My in laws have been taking all of their kids (they have 8) and their spouses and children on a wdw vacation. Since we're Dvc and ap members, we're one of the last. We just went to AAA on Monday to book (I know, we could have saved about $300 if we booked with my ap discount. Mil didn't want to) and she booked the poly!! It's my dream hotel and I'd pretty much given up hope of staying there. We leave May 15th. Can't come soon enough!

Any special hints, things to look for, etc? Thanks!

I have about the same amount of time to obsess! We are hoping that the IPO comes through with a BOG reservation for our last night... if that miracle happens then we will be switching a few things around... I tweek our plans each night... adding a bit to our "planner" that I created... today I added information about the cabana rental...
Needless to say, I'm going to be a real mess when this trip is over and I am no longer planning it!

I'm obsessed with the planning. I think that's why I make so many changes...resort, view, ADRs, etc.

I would agree...otherwise you might be disappointed? What moderate are you staying at after the Poly?

I've heard this a few times on the boards. We might be disappointed after staying deluxe when going to a moderate. However, I'm so excited for Poly that I know I wouldn't be taking in the mod resort that we would stay at first and just be wishing away the days until we check in. I figure we'll be so excited to just go on the vacation that we should keep the excitement rolling with our first choice in hotel first. pixiedust:

To answer your question, we're staying at Riverside for the second half. I'll be looking forward to stretching out in the king sized bed after being in the queen at Poly...

I've heard this a few times on the boards. We might be disappointed after staying deluxe when going to a moderate. However, I'm so excited for Poly that I know I wouldn't be taking in the mod resort that we would stay at first and just be wishing away the days until we check in. I figure we'll be so excited to just go on the vacation that we should keep the excitement rolling with our first choice in hotel first. pixiedust:

To answer your question, we're staying at Riverside for the second half. I'll be looking forward to stretching out in the king sized bed after being in the queen at Poly...

If I am reading your Ticker right you will be at the Poly in July by then some of the Longhouses will have King Rooms and you could put in a request for one. I think being a couple on a honeymoon might give you a good chance of being placed in a King room

Just checking... I think I know but just wanted to double check... Hawaii doesn't have any king beds, right? I believe I saw that but just wanted to make sure!

Just checking... I think I know but just wanted to double check... Hawaii doesn't have any king beds, right? I believe I saw that but just wanted to make sure!

I do believe that is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter