1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

LOOOVE GVCL! It feels like extra space with the lounge. I am surprising the kids with a stay their for the last 4 days of our stay. I am so excited!!pixiedust:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

GVCL is wonderful! We stayed there in 2009 with my parents to treat them to the upgrade for all they do. It was magical for them and us. My kids were so overwhelmed and were so appreciative. That little piece of magic was the best. Having the lounge just feels like having an extra room.

4. Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne DIS Veteran

We have our first ever visit to the Poly next week...we have done moderates many times and cant wait to try out deluxe! After reading a lot of reviews I have requested Tokelu location. From someones review recently tho, it looked like there was some construction going on outside Tokelu. We want to be near monorail and restaurants. We only have three days and kids are 16 and 13. Is Tokelu still the best location for us to request and any suggestions for room location that might be good if I have a choice (we just have the basic view). Thx

5. polyfor4

polyfor4 Mouseketeer

Tokelu is a great location but you might enjoy Samoa as well- little bit closer to the GCH house and it's right beside the pool. We always stay ground floor so we can run out our patio door and be in the GCH house in 2 seconds!

6. glass half full

glass half full Mouseketeer

Bump

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

Well, because of the uncertainty surrounding the pool we made the call to switch to Beach Club for our early March stay. Never stayed there and hoping it is nice.

8. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

Last time we stayed at the Polynesian (about 4yrs now), the torch lighting ceremony was held nightly at 6pm. I see on this thread that they now say, "select nights". Does anyone have any additional information on the torch lighting ceremony now? Approx. what time would the ceremony be held in April? TIA!

9. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

From tikimans site.

Torch Lighting Ceremony is held Tuesday- Saturday at 6:00 p.m. in the GCH

10. CJK

Great!! Thanks so much!

11. CJK

Just wondering if we'd need to bring towels down from our room, or if they're provided at the pools. I seem to remember they were available at the pools, but it may have changed since then. Thanks!

12. rchampagne

rchampagne Earning My Ears

I just booked GVCL for next October thru Magical Vacations. It was my first time using at travel agent, as I prefer to book things directly with Disney. This will be my kids 1st trip to Disney and my 1st time in a deluxe. Can't wait!

13. smartestblonde

smartestblonde Earning My Ears

We will be going to Flying Fish without kids for dinner and utilizing the kids club at the Poly. Is it suggested that we make an advanced reservation or will we be ok making that reservation on Sunday (2/3) when we check in?

14. polyfor4

polyfor4 Mouseketeer

What a special vacation! We're staying GVCL for the first time in May and I'm already worried it will spoil us forever. Maybe tell your IPO that it's your kids' first Disney trip so they can plan surprises in your room!

15. rchampagne

rchampagne Earning My Ears

Just curious... I know it's 9 months away, but when would we hear from an IPO?

16. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

Just curious, what is an IPO?

17. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

It's the itinerary planning office available to club level guests. They will assist you in making reservations, planning events, tours, etc.

I emailed the office about two weeks before my 180 days. I then received a form to fill out with my plans.

18. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

There's towels by the pool.

19. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Beach Club last year. It is very nice and a 5 min. walk to Epcot.

20. Stasieki

Stasieki DIS Veteran

If you know your date, I would go ahead and book - you book through dining. We just booked for 2/13 (Super Bowl so figure would be more crowded)

21. polyfor4

polyfor4 Mouseketeer

This is my first time staying CL so I don't know for sure but I've heard that many people don't hear from their IPO until 2-3 months out unless you contact them first. They can be especially helpful with making ADR's or special accommodations but we have neither and haven't found a reason to contact them yet. If we don't hear from an IPO 2 months out we'll probably just send them an email letting them know our check in time- just to touch base!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.