ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOOVE GVCL! It feels like extra space with the lounge. I am surprising the kids with a stay their for the last 4 days of our stay. I am so excited!!pixiedust:

GVCL is wonderful! We stayed there in 2009 with my parents to treat them to the upgrade for all they do. It was magical for them and us. My kids were so overwhelmed and were so appreciative. That little piece of magic was the best. Having the lounge just feels like having an extra room.

We have our first ever visit to the Poly next week...we have done moderates many times and cant wait to try out deluxe! After reading a lot of reviews I have requested Tokelu location. From someones review recently tho, it looked like there was some construction going on outside Tokelu. We want to be near monorail and restaurants. We only have three days and kids are 16 and 13. Is Tokelu still the best location for us to request and any suggestions for room location that might be good if I have a choice (we just have the basic view). Thx

Jo-Anne said:
We have our first ever visit to the Poly next week...we have done moderates many times and cant wait to try out deluxe! After reading a lot of reviews I have requested Tokelu location. From someones review recently tho, it looked like there was some construction going on outside Tokelu. We want to be near monorail and restaurants. We only have three days and kids are 16 and 13. Is Tokelu still the best location for us to request and any suggestions for room location that might be good if I have a choice (we just have the basic view). Thx

Tokelu is a great location but you might enjoy Samoa as well- little bit closer to the GCH house and it's right beside the pool. We always stay ground floor so we can run out our patio door and be in the GCH house in 2 seconds!

Just to caution you: I switched from Poly to CR last year because we were only going to be there 3 days with only 1 day at resort (other two days at parks). It was our first stay and wanted it to be perfect. Found out the slide would be closed so switched to tower at CR in a theme park view room. Paid $200 more. Got there and found the CR slide closed and also the little splash area not working. was shocked as there had been no discussion of it on here and nobody mentioned it at resort check-in. It was fine, kids were disappointed for a minute and then got over it. Moral of the story: you NEVER know if everything will be functional so stay where you want MOST to be.

Well, because of the uncertainty surrounding the pool we made the call to switch to Beach Club for our early March stay. Never stayed there and hoping it is nice.

Last time we stayed at the Polynesian (about 4yrs now), the torch lighting ceremony was held nightly at 6pm. I see on this thread that they now say, "select nights". Does anyone have any additional information on the torch lighting ceremony now? Approx. what time would the ceremony be held in April? TIA!

Last time we stayed at the Polynesian (about 4yrs now), the torch lighting ceremony was held nightly at 6pm. I see on this thread that they now say, "select nights". Does anyone have any additional information on the torch lighting ceremony now? Approx. what time would the ceremony be held in April? TIA!

From tikimans site.

Torch Lighting Ceremony is held Tuesday- Saturday at 6:00 p.m. in the GCH

Just wondering if we'd need to bring towels down from our room, or if they're provided at the pools. I seem to remember they were available at the pools, but it may have changed since then. Thanks!

I just booked GVCL for next October thru Magical Vacations. It was my first time using at travel agent, as I prefer to book things directly with Disney. This will be my kids 1st trip to Disney and my 1st time in a deluxe. Can't wait!

We will be going to Flying Fish without kids for dinner and utilizing the kids club at the Poly. Is it suggested that we make an advanced reservation or will we be ok making that reservation on Sunday (2/3) when we check in?

rchampagne said:
I just booked GVCL for next October thru Magical Vacations. It was my first time using at travel agent, as I prefer to book things directly with Disney. This will be my kids 1st trip to Disney and my 1st time in a deluxe. Can't wait!

What a special vacation! We're staying GVCL for the first time in May and I'm already worried it will spoil us forever. Maybe tell your IPO that it's your kids' first Disney trip so they can plan surprises in your room!

What a special vacation! We're staying GVCL for the first time in May and I'm already worried it will spoil us forever. Maybe tell your IPO that it's your kids' first Disney trip so they can plan surprises in your room!

Just curious... I know it's 9 months away, but when would we hear from an IPO?

Just curious, what is an IPO?

It's the itinerary planning office available to club level guests. They will assist you in making reservations, planning events, tours, etc.

I emailed the office about two weeks before my 180 days. I then received a form to fill out with my plans.

Just wondering if we'd need to bring towels down from our room, or if they're provided at the pools. I seem to remember they were available at the pools, but it may have changed since then. Thanks!

There's towels by the pool.

Well, because of the uncertainty surrounding the pool we made the call to switch to Beach Club for our early March stay. Never stayed there and hoping it is nice.

We stayed at the Beach Club last year. It is very nice and a 5 min. walk to Epcot.

We will be going to Flying Fish without kids for dinner and utilizing the kids club at the Poly. Is it suggested that we make an advanced reservation or will we be ok making that reservation on Sunday (2/3) when we check in?

If you know your date, I would go ahead and book - you book through dining. We just booked for 2/13 (Super Bowl so figure would be more crowded)

rchampagne said:
Just curious... I know it's 9 months away, but when would we hear from an IPO?

This is my first time staying CL so I don't know for sure but I've heard that many people don't hear from their IPO until 2-3 months out unless you contact them first. They can be especially helpful with making ADR's or special accommodations but we have neither and haven't found a reason to contact them yet. If we don't hear from an IPO 2 months out we'll probably just send them an email letting them know our check in time- just to touch base!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter