ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindie-rella

Cindie-rella ...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.

We have a Lagoon View coming up in April. I wanted to request Tahiti also, but I was going to ask for 1st floor w/patio. It will be me, my DH & DGD. Any reason you like 3rd floor better? Also, having a LV, will we still have a glimpse of the Castle from certain LV areas/rooms?
    BTW...ENJOY !!!pixiedust: :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TaraZ

TaraZ Mouseketeer

Tahiti 1st floor is our favorite! There is definitely a castle view from 1037- that was our first room at the Poly five years ago!

4. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

Not sure if LV at Tahiti would have view castle. We like 3rd floor cause the view is more likely unobstructed, less noise outside of the slider BUT we no longer have little ones.

5. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

I thought I read somewhere that each longhouse would take about 2 months. And of course, it's never set in stone when they will start or finish. I just love Tokelau so even if they are still rehabbing it, I hope they will have rooms available!

I sincerely hope I can keep this a secret. It's so hard for me. My daughter mentioned that she was glad she and her friend could share a bed rather than a pull out couch and it was hard not to tell her we would have that fabulous daybed too!

And it was so cute, her friend called this evening and they talked about what they were going to pack...for their American Girl dolls!!

6. Cindie-rella

Cindie-rella ...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.

Did you book a TPV or a LV when you stayed in 1037 ? Have you or anyone else here ever requested a "specific" room # ? I'm really starting to get excited now! Just wish my sciatica wasn't causing me crippling pain :sad2: That's the one thing worrying me about this trip. I need to find relief quick !!!!

7. TaraZ

TaraZ Mouseketeer

1037 was not a requested room, but it was booked as lagoon view. I have requested particular rooms-- our family has our favorites! :yay: Fingers crossed that we get our request for next week!

Hope you can find some relief- have you tried steroid shots? My dad did those for a while and they helped him.

8. lsg1

lsg1 Mouseketeer

I am sitting on my balcony on the second floor of tokelau facing the quiet pool. Very relaxing except for the occasional beeping of a truck backing up that is being used in the rehab oh Hawaii. I'm glad I'm more towards the front since the rooms by the lake face the Hawaii building and there is some barricading and construction workers going to and fro. Yesterday the path from the front of tokealu was blocked to the beach while they worked.

Off to Hollywood Studios :-)

9. DisneyJanFeb2008

DisneyJanFeb2008 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the volcano pool is closing for rehab soon? I've read speculation but haven't seen any facts. We are going Feb 20-27 and considering changing from BC to Poly (if we can).

10. Mommy2TwoMickeys

Mommy2TwoMickeys DIS Veteran

11. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

I just read on Tikiman's page that Tahiti is scheduled to have its refurb begin on July 14th. This has me worried! We booked Lagoon View with Tahiti requested for our September 18-24 trip to the Poly. Now I'm a little worried that it may not be done in time for our trip. If it's not.....what would be my next best request for lagoon view rooms? This really has me bummed....this is our first time staying here and the last trip that we are pulling oldest DS out of school. Makes me want to :sad1:!!

12. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

That sounds AMAZING! Maybe I can bring my Dole Whip from Capt Cooks over to the bar for a shot? :scratchin

13. smartestblonde

smartestblonde Earning My Ears

We are making our first trip to Disney in 11 days and are staying at the Polynesian. We were upgraded to a lagoon view room, so I'm wondering which building I should request upon check in. Our kids are 4 1/2 and 6, and the only thing I'd like to have is 2 sinks. Love this thread, such wonderful info!!!

14. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

WOW!!! I am sad I cant make this, but I might have to bring my own rum in september to make my own.:lmao:

15. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

We left that morning.. I am almost certain it was 8 am. I remember thinking, whoa that would be early if you had a non-park day planned!

16. yolie912

yolie912 DIS Veteran

Does anybody know what kind of refurb is happening? What are they replacing? Thanks!

17. Chrisrokc

Chrisrokc Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if any of the renovated rooms are ready? Anyone seen one?

18. Sandy55

Sandy55 Earning My Ears

Hi! We'll be there the week of Sept. 21 and have requested Tahiti also (although garden view). We have the same concerns. Want to stay close to the TTC and not sure what other longhouse to request if Tahiti is not finished. Keeping our fingers crossed!

19. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

do you mind me asking how you know you were upgraded already?

20. smartestblonde

smartestblonde Earning My Ears

Not at all....we used a travel agent, and about a month after we made the reservation, she contacted to let me know we had been upgraded for free :-)

21. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

that is awesome. Have a great time!!

It is minus 20 degrees celsius without the wind chill where I am so I cannot wait to get to the poly in February!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.