ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad news is that the latest discount for the Poly (late summer) was just 20% in contrast to the 30/35% we have typically seen over the past few years. We are planning on a late January stay too at either the GF or Poly, so crossing the fingers for both of us that the discount rate goes back up!

The spring discount was only 20% also, and it is possible that the lower discounts this year are the result of the longhouse refurbishments taking a fair number of rooms out of inventory. However the GF also only had the 20% discount and they did not have room refurbishments. All the low discounts really tell you is that projected occupancy rates at the Poly and GF are relatively high.

All the low discounts really tell you is that projected occupancy rates at the Poly and GF are relatively high.

I have a theory about this. Since New Fantasyland is opening, there's been so much focus on Magic Kingdom that everyone wants to stay at an MK resort. I think people will be spending more time at MK than usual - I think that park will be the most crowded for the next year or so (I'm sure it was probably already the most crowded, but this just makes it more so). Just my theory :)

Aloha! I've had the magical experience of staying at the Poly and I loved it! Can't wait to go back...hopefully in 2014. Staying in the cabins in September. While at the Poly I fell in love with the music they played while I was relaxing in the hammock. I asked one of the cast members if there was a cd I could buy but he couldn't help me. Was just wondering if any of you knew names of artists/cd's that might feature some of the polynesian music I heard. Mahalo!

I have a theory about this. Since New Fantasyland is opening, there's been so much focus on Magic Kingdom that everyone wants to stay at an MK resort. I think people will be spending more time at MK than usual - I think that park will be the most crowded for the next year or so (I'm sure it was probably already the most crowded, but this just makes it more so). Just my theory :)

Probably as a good a theory as any, but it doesn't explain why the CR standard/lake view rooms (I assume there is no discount for the MK view) are 30% off.:confused3

Aloha! I've had the magical experience of staying at the Poly and I loved it! Can't wait to go back...hopefully in 2014. Staying in the cabins in September. While at the Poly I fell in love with the music they played while I was relaxing in the hammock. I asked one of the cast members if there was a cd I could buy but he couldn't help me. Was just wondering if any of you knew names of artists/cd's that might feature some of the polynesian music I heard. Mahalo!

You might want to try asking Tikiman, either on his site or his FB page. (You can find both with Google).

That's a great deal! Too bad the Poly does not offer that big of a discount!! Right now, for when we go, they are offering 20% off but we save more with our BB offer of free dining. I was really hoping they would come out with more than a 20% off discount!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

We ended up with a BB from our stay in March, it was 35% off poly, so I HAD to use it (would have been wasteful not to right?) anyway we will be there Oct 20th for our first Poly stay EVER! I'm beyond stoked!
I love your Dis name.......great minds think alike!!!!

I switched our reservation from AKL to the Poly today! :dance3:

We've never stayed at the Poly and it's always been on my to-do list. But I starting reading about the DVC changes coming and it really motivated me to stay there this trip and experience it the way it has always been and loved.

Question: The cast member told me all they had were standard rooms when I asked for a garden room. The standard room is a garden room, right?

Thank you! Just so I'm clear, I can access everything via monorail or boat at the poly, right?

Well, no, not everything. You can't get to DHS or AK by monorail or boat directly (and even Epcot you have to either transfer monorails or walk to the TTC). . But there are buses. Is there a particular item you're concerned about or wanted to know?

I switched our reservation from AKL to the Poly today! :dance3:

We've never stayed at the Poly and it's always been on my to-do list. But I starting reading about the DVC changes coming and it really motivated me to stay there this trip and experience it the way it has always been and loved.

Question: The cast member told me all they had were standard rooms when I asked for a garden room. The standard room is a garden room, right?

You will love it! It was our first onsite stay and we loved it! Standard rooms are now garden rooms. We stayed in Tokelau and I could have sworn it was a lagoon room as the view was amazing! But it was std view.

Have a great time!
I want to try CR but cannot resist the pull of the poly!

Well, no, not everything. You can't get to DHS or AK by monorail or boat directly (and even Epcot you have to either transfer monorails or walk to the TTC). . But there are buses. Is there a particular item you're concerned about or wanted to know?

I'm worried about my kids falling asleep in the stroller and having to wake them. Also, can I take a large double on a bus? Thanks!

I'm worried about my kids falling asleep in the stroller and having to wake them. Also, can I take a large double on a bus? Thanks!

You can roll your stroller right onto the monorail. The Poly boat launch is small and I'm pretty sure you will have to fold up the stroller. Also will need to fold up the stroller on the buses.

Can anyone recommend some great garden view room numbers? Thanks!

We had the most amazing GV room! Fiji first floor looking right at the marina. We read about it so we asked and got it! I never like staying on first floor but this time it worked really well. We were like a 45 second walk to the side entrance of the ceremonial house by the arcade and like a 2 minute walk to the dock to take the boat, which we adored. Being on the first floor we had a big patio and it looked right at the sailboats like 10 feet away. We could not have asked for a better GV room! Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter