ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Diser's!

We just booked a one night stay at the Poly!:cool1: Can anyone tell me if the rooms have been remodeled with new bedspreads (white)? I thought someone was mentioned this earlier this year, but I wasn't sure.

thanks so much!
Brunette

So far only a few of the longhouses have been refurbished. The new "bedspreads" aren't really bedspreads from what I understand. They have gone to sheets that can be washed after each guest stay so it is more hygienic. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. :duck:

There is a schedule of refurbishment dates out there somewhere. I think Hawaii, Samoa, Niue, and Rarotonga are the only ones completed as of today. I believe Tonga and Tokelau are next up.

Last year in January there was a 30% or 35% room-only discount. Does anyone know which it was and do you think it will be available then?

I don't know what the discount was last year, but as far as one being offered for 2014, it's really anyone's guess as to what will be offered. But with that said, January is a slower time of year, so my guess is that some type of discount will be offered for that time frame.

Hello Diser's!

We just booked a one night stay at the Poly!:cool1: Can anyone tell me if the rooms have been remodeled with new bedspreads (white)? I thought someone was mentioned this earlier this year, but I wasn't sure.

thanks so much!
Brunette

Poly renovations are going on now. The bedspreads are gone and have been replaced with duvets. They are doing 1 or 2 longhouses at a time. I think Hawaii has been done already, but not sure which ones they are working on now.

This isn't extremely helpful, but when I was there last week, Tokelau was completely closed up still. However, Niue and Rarotonga were open which makes me think that they are on schedule at the moment. I stayed in Samoa and will post pics later tonight.

Thank you. It gives me a small ray of hope! :thumbsup2

Sorry I didn't take more, but I was in a hurry. I hope these help give you an idea! The rooms are great--very breezy feel and not dark at all. The walls are a light green color.[/QUOTE]

Thank you- just hit 199 days today and I need to live vicariously!

I'm watching home videos of the Polynesian to get excited for our trip and this is random to think about but... Wouldn't it be awesome to be checking into the Poly for the first time during the torch lighting ceremony??? I think about those people every time I watch it, like what are people thinking who just happen to walk up on it!

It was 35% off and it got us hooked on being onsite! :)

The bad news is that the latest discount for the Poly (late summer) was just 20% in contrast to the 30/35% we have typically seen over the past few years. We are planning on a late January stay too at either the GF or Poly, so crossing the fingers for both of us that the discount rate goes back up!

The bad news is that the latest discount for the Poly (late summer) was just 20% in contrast to the 30/35% we have typically seen over the past few years. We are planning on a late January stay too at either the GF or Poly, so crossing the fingers for both of us that the discount rate goes back up!

I saw that too and it does have me a little worried. We are planning next february with family and I want great discounts again!

Fingers crossed we get them! I fell in love with the poly and although I am thinking of trying either AKL or CR the end of our trip will be at the poly!

mariamouse said:

I know, I was hoping for a bigger discount as well! Right now we are booked on a BB offer for free dining, that actually saves us more than the current 20% off!!!! When we 1st stayed at Poly in 2010, we were able to get 40% off for the same week in Sept!!!! That shows you how much the discounts have gone down. I'm sure we'll never see those days again and the price at the Poly keeps going up every year. This year it's $422/night and $452/night on Friday and Saturday night. We might venture and try a new resort next year if the prices go up much more!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I know, I was hoping for a bigger discount as well! Right now we are booked on a BB offer for free dining, that actually saves us more than the current 20% off!!!! When we 1st stayed at Poly in 2010, we were able to get 40% off for the same week in Sept!!!! That shows you how much the discounts have gone down. I'm sure we'll never see those days again and the price at the Poly keeps going up every year. This year it's $422/night and $452/night on Friday and Saturday night. We might venture and try a new resort next year if the prices go up much more!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Are those prices the standard prices or with a discount? I'm considering the poly for a jan. 2014 trip, trying to get an idea of prices :)

lolobug said:
Are those prices the standard prices or with a discount? I'm considering the poly for a jan. 2014 trip, trying to get an idea of prices :)

Those are the standard prices. Granted, they might be a little less or a little more in Jan 2014. Those prices are for 9/5 -9/9.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Those are the standard prices. Granted, they might be a little less or a little more in Jan 2014. Those prices are for 9/5 -9/9.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

This year discounts started on Jan 2. I know AKL received a deep discount, I paid <$200 per night per room for pool view there.

rcraw45425 said:
This year discounts started on Jan 2. I know AKL received a deep discount, I paid <$200 per night per room for pool view there.

That's a great deal! Too bad the Poly does not offer that big of a discount!! Right now, for when we go, they are offering 20% off but we save more with our BB offer of free dining. I was really hoping they would come out with more than a 20% off discount!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

That's a great deal! Too bad the Poly does not offer that big of a discount!! Right now, for when we go, they are offering 20% off but we save more with our BB offer of free dining. I was really hoping they would come out with more than a 20% off discount!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I know, right? We arrived onsite on Jan 1, Polynesian was over$400 a night for that night (and I needed two rooms). I snagged the Dolphin with AAA for <$200 per night per room. IIRC the Polynesian discount was pretty decent, I just couldn't justify two rooms at that cost. For our upcoming stay in two weeks I'm paying ~$420 a night for standard with the room only discount. I think it's around 30% discount. I also got some ticket discount based on that promo, maybe 20%? I do know that when we went in October, my time (first week of Oct.) was like right between the discount times, only thing I could use was a FD PIN code (would have much rather had a room only since CR was over $500 a night).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter