ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tander34

tander34 Earning My Ears

We were just there at the end of April and my kids loved the Neverland Cub. I have a 6 and 5 year old. The food choices were the basic kid friendly foods. Cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, maybe hotdog, can't remember the rest. To me it was very similar to what they offer at Captain Cooks for kids meals. I'm wondering if their food may come from Catain Cooks. I'm not sure if they were given snacks. We had them there for 3 hours and they did not want to leave when we came to pick them up.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

I'm not sure. Our boys didn't nap when we took them. Sorry. Maybe someone else will know.

4. Dominion

Dominion Mouseketeer

We are also debating a request for 3rd or 1st floor in Hawaii and we have two kids that will be 6 and 3.5 when we go. We have garden view rooms, so we will be overlooking the quiet pool, I think? Can anyone tell me if the pool is enclosed with a child safety gate? I was thinking that if there isn't one, it might be better for us to be on the 3rd floor. My oldest is currently under the impression that she is a good enough swimmer to go on her own...:scared1:

That might make the decision for us...

5. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

No gate if I remember correctly

6. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

No gate - it's just open.

7. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Well, we're just 13 days away from check-in!:goodvibes

8. Mom2gymnasts

Mom2gymnasts Let's Go....Mountaineers!!!!

Checking in this Friday!!! Surprise mom & daughters trip to visit their cousin in the CP!!! I'm too excited to sleep!!!:dance3:

9. mommy2twocuties

mommy2twocuties Earning My Ears

We are checking in Thursday. I am still not sure how to go on a request. This is our first trip. I have just the standard room. I wonder which view that is considered? Someone just tell me which longhouse to request lol

10. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Standard = garden as far as I know.

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Have a great trip :yay:.

Have a great time :cool1:.

We loved Samoa. It's convenient to everything as it's just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. With that said, the Poly is an awesome resort and IMO, there's not a bad room anywhere. Have a great time and enjoy the Poly :dance3:.

12. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

Checking in in two weeks. I requested Samoa (we stayed there last time) and Tokelau, which hopefully will be finished by then. Enjoy!

13. Monorail Bob's dd

Monorail Bob's dd DIS Veteran

Hi, there. I'm a Disney TA with clients staying in a standard view room at the Poly on June 8th. Do we have an update on what buildings willbe complete at that point? Trying my best to secure them a renovated room.

As you can see from my ticker, my family will be staying at the Poly in August, we cannot wait! :cool1:

14. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Does the current room refurb mean that all of the rooms will now have two sinks? Thanks!

15. 3PrinceMom

3PrinceMom Mouseketeer

16. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Yes. I wondered this when I first saw pics of a new room and I was told all bathrooms were now going to have 2 sinks :).

17. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Awesome! Thanks for the info. :)

18. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You're welcome :goodvibes.

19. Armycavprincess

Armycavprincess Earning My Ears

Not sure how to quote, but we are 3rd floor Hawaii. Our kids are 4 and 7 and we love the 3rd floor. Our view is the quite pool and we love it. Ir makes the roon feel bigger b/c the kids will play on the patio, but can not run off. I'm in the roon while my 7 year old is sleeping and the hubby went to the lounge to watch the fireworks with the 4 year old. The wifi had been great for us.

Sorry for typos, I am on my phone

20. Dimples1973ca

Dimples1973ca Mouseketeer

I tried to do online check in today and it does not give me the option to request third floor. you could request ground floor, patio, accessible room or Hawaii building. My only request is a third floor as my mother inlaw doesn't feel safe on ground floor.

Anyone have any insight on what I should do next?

Thanks!

21. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Since you are staying CL, email IPO. They handle room assignments for CL guests anyway. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.