ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked from 8/3 to 8/10. Question: who do you contact to make room requests? I have never stayed at the Poly before. We only have a standard room booked at this point. I have two small kids...should I place a request or leave it to chance? Which building should we request? I want easy transportation to MK, Epcot, and our dining at the GF. A nice view wouldn't hurt either. ;)

Call the regular reservation number and tell them you want to add requests to your reservation. We stayed in Samoa and loved it as we found it very convenient to everything. It was just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. But with that said, I don't think there's a bad longhouse as they are all great ;).

We will be arriving at the Poly for our first stay in 48 hours, getting so excited!

Have a great trip :dance3:. The Poly is an awesome resort.....you're going to love it :goodvibes.

We have a Rez for TPV and we want a 3rd floor balcony. Experts...what building do you recommend? We were thinking Tahiti...We are going in Oct, no kids.

We just stayed at Poly for the first time for one night prior to our cruise on 6/14....we parked & was then greeted by a gentleman with an iPad (another family was with us), he took us on a tour & THEN he took us to Hawaii to check-in!!!! Free Upgrade....now I know it was for one night, but I was in heaven!!! My dream resort!!! I paid for a standard view room & ended up with Garden View in Hawaii!!!! Woot!! Woot!!

We just stayed at Poly for the first time for one night prior to our cruise on 6/14....we parked & was then greeted by a gentleman with an iPad (another family was with us), he took us on a tour & THEN he took us to Hawaii to check-in!!!! Free Upgrade....now I know it was for one night, but I was in heaven!!! My dream resort!!! I paid for a standard view room & ended up with Garden View in Hawaii!!!! Woot!! Woot!!

Yep , dh and I got upgraded in May! Didn't you love the lounge? It was so pretty and relaxing. Ours was for one night as well but still very magical indeed. :thumbsup2

MichellelovesMickey said:

That's a great first visit!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Congrats on the awesome upgrade :cool1: :cool1:. We are trying Poly CL after our cruise in December and I couldn't be more excited!! We love the Poly and can't wait to get back (and give CL a try :goodvibes).

;)

E73F36B4-AEB4-4E8D-93FA-BAEDA8CF938C-5021-000002650346ADD0_zps87497e79.jpg

:cool1:

We are booked from 8/3 to 8/10. Question: who do you contact to make room requests? I have never stayed at the Poly before. We only have a standard room booked at this point. I have two small kids...should I place a request or leave it to chance? Which building should we request? I want easy transportation to MK, Epcot, and our dining at the GF. A nice view wouldn't hurt either. ;)

You would just call CRO: 407-W-DISNEY and tell them. My favorite standard rooms have been in Samoa and Fiji. Also I prefer 3rd floor so we have a balcony. Those would be my recommendations. :)

Thanks to whoever cancelled their Ohana's reservations at 8:00 on the 21st. Much appreciated :cool1:

Just a heads up on the phone cases. They are very cheaply made and have a reputation of breaking easily, and often.

I know!! It's a shame Disney and a brand like Ottorbox don't get together and make some!

Just a heads up on the phone cases. They are very cheaply made and have a reputation of breaking easily, and often.

I have to say, I had really wanted to get an iPhone cover from Disney but hated how skimpy they were, especially since my phone was in an Otterbox....buuuuuut, on my last trip I got a Dooney & Bourke Disney iPhone cover from a shop on Main Street and the thing is SOLID! It is sturdy, and provides a rim all the way around the phone (instead of just snapping on the back) and it's super cute!

I would highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

It is this one:

953b23afad173baa25e9c648f81a0d21_zps46da91ac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter