ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

We are going back in October with the bounceback we got in April. The offers are in the welcome packet you're given at check in. Current offers end 12/13 so hopefully there will be something new in August.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

What a great resort for a first visit......I'm sure your sister will love it :wizard:.

You won't regret it ;). The Poly is our favorite as it's an amazing resort :goodvibes.

Two great resorts, although the Poly is our favorite between the two :).

4. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

I am in! Awesome work, Rob! We will be at the Poly CL next Thursday. :)

5. polyfor4

polyfor4 Mouseketeer

Congrats on everyone's upcoming trips- I can't wait to hear about them! Unfortunately we just got back so we'll have to stretch out planning until May. I have an opinion question- is it possible to go from a CL trip to a standard room trip and not be sad or envious the whole time? We just stayed CL for the first time and loved it but are debating saving a little money next year. However I'm worried ill be staring at Hawaii with envious eyes the whole time! Does anyone have a similar experience?

6. firehazmat

firehazmat Earning My Ears

Hello fellow Poly lovers. This is my families favorite resort my wife is seriously ill and the outlook is grim. Thoughts and well wishes for the whole family to return with her would be appreciated. TY

7. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

Very sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully you can grab on to some hope that you will indeed revisit Poly with your ENTIRE family intact soon. :goodvibes

8. psac

psac DIS Veteran

I think there's normally one premium and two regular cabanas, but because of weather damage they're down to one and one.

9. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

I have a strange request - once you're back, any chance you can post what the evening offerings are for Saturday? From other posts, I've been able to piece together the offerings for all the other nights, but I'm still missing Saturday. Thanks!!

10. Carriesouthard

Carriesouthard Mouseketeer

So I put my room requests in....Samoa or Tokelau top floor. We aren't super picky but we do want what we want! Anyhow...on our resort ressie email that came through it says Samoa or Toc on top floor....will they know this is Tokelau or would you call yet again to have it worded differently :) obsessing over here!!! 53 days....

11. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

Ok thanks. I remember reading about that, but wasn't sure if the other one was ready yet. I'm hoping that anyone just back can post any progress on the other cabana? I may check the tikiman site too. We will be at Poly soon and I really wanted one as a birthday surprise....

I will also be there on a Saturday and can post this.

12. mommys3

mommys3 Disney Or Bust

Did they actually tell you that there is a waiting list? I reserved it 6 months ago when there were two cabanas and I'm hoping they didn't double book.

13. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

No, I don't think they actually used those words (waiting list), but they claim they are checking a couple times a day for me, so in my mind I view it as a waiting list. They (CL IPO) were just in touch with me yesterday and said there were still no openings. I think I'll email today and ask if there is only one available at this time. I may need to come up with a Plan B for our birthday surprise. DH doesn't know I booked TPV, but he does know we're staying CL. So I guess I already have somewhat of a surprise...

14. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

I can't wait until I'm able to go down to the Polynesian again later this year. October can't come soon enough, but at least I was able to bring a bit of the Poly back home with me in this;

[​IMG]

Picked it up off of eBay.

15. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Thanks for the new thread guitarob!!! Great job!

When I was there May 25 - 29, there was only one standard cabana. The one on the left - when looking at the cabanas from the pool (Mauna Kea) - is completely gone and there is just the empty concrete spot.

I reserved a standard cabana for a half day but when I went to check in, the standard cabana was occupied. It turns out they had reserved it 'before' me and so they got it. I think it was more that they reserved it for the entire day rather than a half. But before I could weep and be upset, they told me I was upgraded to the premium cabana for no additional charge. I was really worried about not getting the cabana but reservations assured me that if they had to cancel, they would call me.

16. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

We just changed our POR reservation to the Poly. We have always wanted to stay here and I am super excited. My husband and children don't know. I am going to surprise them when we get to disney. We are staying from 9/2 thru 9/9. What is the chance we will get a renovated room? Should we make a request for a certain building? We are staying in a standard room. Thanks for any help.

17. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

This is excellent info, thanks for posting. I checked Tikiman's site and in early May he posted the other cabana would/should be back in use "in a month or 2," so I'm hoping it's almost ready. I emailed IPO and will hear back tomorrow if the other cabana is ready or not.

Congrats on your upgrade! :thumbsup2

18. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

How exciting.....you're gonna love the Poly :goodvibes. During our Poly stay we were in Samoa and loved it. It's conveniently located so it's just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. Have a great trip :wizard:.

19. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

That would be great - thanks so much!

20. flamark

flamark Mouseketeer

If you want to be in the middle of all the action then request Samoa or Nuie. If you want quiet and close to the TTC but far from everything else go for Tahiti.

21. fadingjamie

fadingjamie Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

I was just reading the FAQ.. Poly still makes you pay for WiFi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.