1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Wow! The Poly thread has sunk in the pages....with all the people who were leaving for the Poly, I would have expected to be getting all kinds of trip reports! :goodvibes Anybody come back recently? How'd it go?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. padawans

padawans Active Member

You got to be kidding me. I don't want to start a debate, but this stinks. I think I am going to have a hard time convincing my dh to go back to Disney. He hates lines. Its definetely going to make it more of a challenge. I did read something about an express pass coming that you pay for? Maybe this is the first step in that direction. Universal is sounding better and better.

4. twob4him

twob4him Active Member

Just back from a wonderful stay at the Poly!!!!! I will blog about our trip...but the Poly did not disappoint!:banana::love::cloud9:

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Do tell!!!! Such a tease!!

6. chimo2u

chimo2u Active Member

Well, I just called CRO to try and switch my ressie back to the POLY from BWI....Boohoo, NO AVAILABILITY for my time right now!!! That'll teach me to be switching things all the time, sometimes you switch yourself out of what you want! :sad2:

7. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore Active Member

I agree! Tell us more, tell us more!

No worries! Things work out for a reason. Either something will open up at the Poly, or you aren't meant to stay there this trip. I'm betting on something will open up!

8. padawans

padawans Active Member

Its just not available with the discount you are booked under. I am sure there will be more discounts pins etc down the road. Are you booked with a Canadian free dining discount?

9. Venomhatch

Venomhatch <font color=red>DisDads #708<br><font color=royalb

Be there tomorrow, Yes, yes yes!!!

10. 204charity

204charity Active Member

OH NO!! Well, for what it's worth - BWI is wonderful from what I have read. I am sure you will have an amazing time no matter what. :thumbsup2

Don't TEASE us!!!! ;)

Can't wait to hear about your trip! As a fellow-Poly-first-timer I am anxious to hear your opinion of the resort, food, views, transportation etc. :thumbsup2

11. Venomhatch

Venomhatch <font color=red>DisDads #708<br><font color=royalb

Yeah I will definitly be doing a post trip report.

12. chimo2u

chimo2u Active Member

Yep :goodvibes Canadian Free Dining code :thumbsup2 I actually thought about what you proposed on the RCer thread (go back one page, you'll see me rambling about it! ;) ) upgrading to DLX dining and doing reg GV room
    ( hoping for Samoa pool view if I did that).....but I truly am a CL addict! :lovestruc never done a trip without it and would miss it so much! I hope something will open up, I still have 7 months to go.....and if it doesn't, as a PP said....I can't complain about a BWI DLX room! :cloud9:

13. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 Active Member

Just jumping back in here for a moment...hopefully next week there will be new discounts announced (so a few people say) and you could try booking with one of those??? If they materialize...let's hope for some pixiedust:

14. padawans

padawans Active Member

Can you book with a US code? They always offer FD in the Fall. I still think you might do better with a room discount and paying for ddp. I have a feeling you will get what you want in the end. Deciding what you wan't is the hard part. Right?;)

15. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Have so much fun!!!

If you drink alcohol, go to the Tambu Lounge and get an Island Sunset (you can get it to go). This won't pack as much of a punch as a Lapu Lapu or Backscratcher BUT they sure are enjoyable as you shop and walk around GCH :thumbsup2

16. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

Or a pinacolava! mmmmmm

Could really use a Poly fix with all this blustery weather today. Carl, got any pics for us?! Off to watch one of Rob's youtube clips ...

17. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

Multiple Lapu Lapu's while waiting for our 21 year old niece to arrive had us swimming at 1 a.m.!!!!

18. maiapapaya

after multiple Lapu Lapu's are you sure it wasn't skinny dipping?! :rotfl2:

19. wiserabbit

wiserabbit Addicted to Pixe Dust

Jumping in on this great thread:cool1: I was a little worried when DH said he wanted to stay here (we usually go with GF) but you all have helped me really get in the spirit :lovestruc - can't wait for the Lapu-Lapu drinking and Dole-Whip 24/7 :laughing:

We had our VR at Luau Beach last July and that's why DH wanted to stay here - so we can be a part of the magic again.....:hug:

20. Tess

Tess <font color=deeppink>DIS Vet - 1997<br><font color

I'm not sure where Carl has been, but here are a few for you! We have had some blustery weather that calls for a little Polynesian warmth. . .:cool1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. maiapapaya

ahhhhh, thanks Tess!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.