ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in and all of the stories of parents/grandparents are making me teary-eyed. This is Grandma and Grandpa's surprise trip that was revealed at Christmas so I am looking forward to this special memory. Still worried about my Dad in the June heat, but he is recovering nicely per his cardiologist. When I run into the cardiologist at the hospital I always ask if he (my Dad) is ready for Space Mountain. My only trip as a child - we stayed at the Poly and I was the only child brave enough for SM with my Dad. I would love to do it one more time....

Anyway, rough week with a regualtory agency at the hospital but my segments passed with flying colors!!!! So....now what am I going to do??? I'm going to Disney World!!!! (Sorry...had too....)

I just booked our first stay at the Poly today! I am SUPER excited. Last year was our first ever visit! We took our two boys (ages 3 and 5 now). It was a last minute thing - really we decided the week before we went to go. We had an offer to stay at FIL's friends 2 million dollar condo offside - for $125 (the cleaning fee). So we canceled our beach trip - and surprised the boys when we showed up at Disney World! Plus it was during July 4th week so it was hot and crowded! It was still amazing and I have been dying to go back since.

I don't feel like we got the whole experience since we had so little planning time. - so I finally convinced DH to go back and we are staying onsite. It took a little while but I convinced him to stay at Poly - so I wasted no time and called and booked it today for Sep. 29th-Oct 5th. I apparently had a PIN code for 20% attached to my name which made it even better. I booked a Theme Park View room - but now I am wondering if it would be worth the extra $1k. DH says no - but this is my trip so he is leaving the choice up to me. I am thinking of so many other things I could do with that money (while at Disney). Since I have never stayed onsite before I'm wondering what opinions are? Any advice is welcomed!

I just booked our first stay at the Poly today! I am SUPER excited. Last year was our first ever visit! We took our two boys (ages 3 and 5 now). It was a last minute thing - really we decided the week before we went to go. We had an offer to stay at FIL's friends 2 million dollar condo offside - for $125 (the cleaning fee). So we canceled our beach trip - and surprised the boys when we showed up at Disney World! Plus it was during July 4th week so it was hot and crowded! It was still amazing and I have been dying to go back since.

I don't feel like we got the whole experience since we had so little planning time. - so I finally convinced DH to go back and we are staying onsite. It took a little while but I convinced him to stay at Poly - so I wasted no time and called and booked it today for Sep. 29th-Oct 5th. I apparently had a PIN code for 20% attached to my name which made it even better. I booked a Theme Park View room - but now I am wondering if it would be worth the extra $1k. DH says no - but this is my trip so he is leaving the choice up to me. I am thinking of so many other things I could do with that money (while at Disney). Since I have never stayed onsite before I'm wondering what opinions are? Any advice is welcomed!

How exciting!!! IMO I'd prefer to stay club level which is about the same price. It would be garden view, but the extra level of service is outstanding. You get the beautiful view from the lounge as well.

How exciting!!! IMO I'd prefer to stay club level which is about the same price. It would be garden view, but the extra level of service is outstanding. You get the beautiful view from the lounge as well.

I was just talking to my husband about doing this! With the Club levels - you get access to the lounge. I saw that they have drinks/snacks and a light breakfast. But is this an extra cost (per food) or is it just part of the package? I have 2 little boys who love to snack on fruit all day - so I am thinking this might be a great idea for us! Can you leave with the food/drinks? or do they have to stay there? I was wondering if we could just grabs some juice / water and a muffin on the way out in the mornings. Or if we would be required to stay there with it.

I was just talking to my husband about doing this! With the Club levels - you get access to the lounge. I saw that they have drinks/snacks and a light breakfast. But is this an extra cost (per food) or is it just part of the package? I have 2 little boys who love to snack on fruit all day - so I am thinking this might be a great idea for us! Can you leave with the food/drinks? or do they have to stay there? I was wondering if we could just grabs some juice / water and a muffin on the way out in the mornings. Or if we would be required to stay there with it.

When you stay CL the food offerings are included in your room rate. You can take food to your room or with you on your way out to the parks. I like to bring it to the room so we can eat while getting ready to leave. At night we like to bring a glass of wine back to the room to enjoy before bed.

Arrived yesterday afternoon; Tahiti as always :love: Same room my parents had in 2007- next door to us then! GV, breeze coming in sliders right now. Free Wireless and I am so grateful! Did 10 minutes of work this a.m. and we are off to Epcot!

Lines yesterday in MK in the afternoon busier than we are used to even in '10' weeks, but it wasn't bad. 30 min for Pirates at 5 p.m. Crowds quite manageable and navigable. I did not see anything I'd call a 10 crowd until after Wishes! That was a 13.

I just need to figure out if they are doing movies on the beach now that the GF Beach is GONE. That looks icky.

Have a magical day!! :stitch:

Buying DD's "I'm Going to the Disney World Resort" shirt tomorrow. Disney Store is having their anniversary sale. :goodvibes Now, I am just trying to figure out how to announce the trip. Any ideas on how to suprise a 4 year old?!

Think I will pick up a Cinderella Tutu as well. They are so cute! princess:

So I have been thinking about having the "I'm Going to the Disney World Resort" shirt in a box with an "invitation" to Disney "mailed" to my house from Mickey Mouse. What do you think? It will be in a package waiting for her when she gets home from school, the day before we leave.

The invitation would say:
Hiya ########,
Your Mommy & Daddy told me that you are turning 5!
I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday, than here at Disney World with me and my pals!
There are so many Disney friends that can't wait to meet you
and we have lots of fun things planned to help you celebrate your special day! I am giving you this special t-shirt to wear tomorrow when you are on your way!
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse

So I have been thinking about having the "I'm Going to the Disney World Resort" shirt in a box with an "invitation" to Disney "mailed" to my house from Mickey Mouse. What do you think? It will be in a package waiting for her when she gets home from school, the day before we leave.

Hiya ########,
I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday, than here at Disney World with me and my pals!
and we have lots of fun things planned to help you celebrate your special day! I am giving you this special t-shirt to wear tomorrow when you are on your way!
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse

Sounds like a cute idea!! I am having such a hard time keeping the secret this year!! Wasn't a problem the past 2 years, but this time it is!! I am still trying to decide how to reveal. One year we just showed up and it was great, still kicking myself we don't have it on video. I have thought about putting the 'we're going to disneyworld" shirt on the baby the morning we leave and seeing how long it is before my oldest reads it and figures it out.

Yep, those AP's are a real money saver, huh! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The mouse also got me with an comp upgrade from GV to LV in Hawaii in January. It will be TPV in Hawaii for us now. I tell myself the AP discount makes it worth it, but....:rolleyes1

Oh, well. You only live once! :goodvibes

About the APs being a money saver...... We bought APs for our trip last month since we are going back in October. We ended up booking another trip in June with the bounce back offer since the tickets are already paid for and all. :)

Hiya ########,
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse

Really nice idea! I went to get the Going to Walt Disney World t-shirt for my daughter but they didn't have it in her size. Haven't checked ebay yet. (Actually I was almost at the checkout at the disneystore.com when I realized I had selected I'm going to DisneyLAND! :eek: Now THAT would have been an embarrassment)

New thread looks great!

Can anyone tell me what the situation at the pool with the wristbands is currently? Are they still doing it?

Really nice idea! I went to get the Going to Walt Disney World t-shirt for my daughter but they didn't have it in her size. Haven't checked ebay yet. (Actually I was almost at the checkout at the disneystore.com when I realized I had selected I'm going to DisneyLAND! :eek: Now THAT would have been an embarrassment)

I know what you mean! I checked my order three times before checking out because I couldn't believe they FINALLY had DD's size in the Disney WORLD version. I was super paranoid...:lmao:

We got here last Friday and have two days left. I don't ever want to leave. Poly is fabulous. We aren't huge fans of the selection at Captain Cook's. Slide is most indeed closed but it's OK - we had so much fun at the pool yesterday. Also, I have several CM's remind me at Fast pass entrances that starting March 7, you can't get on after the end time on your pass.

We got here last Friday and have two days left. I don't ever want to leave. Poly is fabulous. We aren't huge fans of the selection at Captain Cook's. Slide is most indeed closed but it's OK - we had so much fun at the pool yesterday. Also, I have several CM's remind me at Fast pass entrances that starting March 7, you can't get on after the end time on your pass.

I'm soooo jealous! I could really use a Poly fix right now, and it's only been a few weeks since we were there. It's my happy place.

Hiya ########,
See ya real soon!

Your pal,
Mickey Mouse

Love this! I'm trying to come up with ideas to surprise the kids for our October trip - just might steal your idea. ;) We did a scavenger hunt a few years ago - had the kids collect Disney miniatures on a trail that led to a partially packed suitcase with stuff for the trip inside. It was fun, but I need something totally unexpected. This may just do the trick! :)

Love this! I'm trying to come up with ideas to surprise the kids for our October trip - just might steal your idea. ;) We did a scavenger hunt a few years ago - had the kids collect Disney miniatures on a trail that led to a partially packed suitcase with stuff for the trip inside. It was fun, but I need something totally unexpected. This may just do the trick! :)

Thanks! I am getting excited about the package and the autograph book I am making. I have a Cricut (electronic cutting machine) and the Disney Font Cartridge so I am going crazy with ideas on how to decorate this package. Red Wrapping Paper...Mickey Gloves "holding" a tag with DD's name on it...giant mickey head silhouettes on all sides... oh, the possibilities. I will take a pic when I am done...:rolleyes1

Sigh...

Silly me, I thought thanksgiving was always the last thursday in November. Turns out I'm INCORRECT. It falls on 11/22 this year, which means I had to change my dates.

Now instead of being at the Poly from 11/25 to 12/2, I'm going 11/18 to 11/25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter