ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

Awesome photos Tess!

That picture of the quiet pool stuck out to me. I have never seen more than 1 or 2 families in there at a time before. We have only been to the Poly in the winter so I'm sure that's is why, but wow!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

Neither had I until there was a diaper spill in the volcano pool. :rotfl2: We came back from EPCOT that afternoon and by the time we changed, the pool was filled to capacity. They had to move the pool games, etc. to the quiet pool and it wasn't so quiet. In fact, we were a bit perturbed that "our" tiki table had been taken in a few short minutes. :rotfl:

4. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

My pleasure. . .we snow gals have to stick together. :thumbsup2

5. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

True that! ;)
    I'm feeling much better now. I had a hot bath with one of my sister's homemade pineapple bath melts (to.die.for. - like a dole whip in a tub!), parked the laptop beside the bath and played one of Rob's Poly atmosphere youtube clips on full screen. It was *almost* like being there! :cloud9: Pathetic, I know, but I don't care! :rotfl:

6. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I just said that to DH!! "Oh my gosh..look at that! That's the quiet pool!" Crazy busy! We were the only ones in there a couple times last trip!:)

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I just turned my 10 night BC stay into a 5/5 split with the Poly!!!! 1st time at both!!!! So excited!!!! :banana:

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Oh Yay for you!!:banana: So exciting!! At least now you can experience the Poly and if you love it, you can always come back for a full stay next time!! :thumbsup2

9. i_heart_the_mouse

Ahhh! That explains it :sick:

10. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

:goodvibes. Yay!!!!

11. i_heart_the_mouse

Yay! I'm so excited for you! :cool1: I really think you will love both resorts. Best of both worlds :banana::banana::banana:

12. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

I'll believe it when I see it, you resort changer, you! :lmao:

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I'm so glad I no longer have to choose!!! My DH was resistant to the split stay idea, but all I had to do apparently was have DD7 ask and lo and behold, he was all for it!!! I'm soooooooo happy!!! :cloud9:

14. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

LOL!!! :lmao:

I really think this is it....all of my changing was because I couldn't choose between the two but now I get both and have arranged my ADRs to optimize both locations....I'm sooooo excited. Plus, that change cost me 2 hours on the phone with CRO and dining to get everything squared away....NEVER AGAIN!!!! :rotfl:

15. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Perfect! This sounds amazing! We had a wonderful split stay last year and the moving really isn't that bad at all! In fact, Disney makes it soo easy! We dropped our stuff off at bell services, went to DTD, and took the bus home to the second resort! Just curious, Where are you staying first?

16. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

We are doing the Poly first...I want experience getting off of the ME there more than anything (cheesy I know), and that first night we are doing MK EMH's so it's perfect!!! It just so happens that our last night of the whole trip is Epcot EMHs and we'll be at BC by then, it really works out perfectly!!! My dream trip!!!:cloud9: happy 10th anniversary and birthday to me!!! :rotfl: Best way to celebrate I could think of...

17. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Perfect! And speaking of your ADRs, I hope you are planning on writing a dining report?!

18. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I plan on writing a comprehensive report about the resorts and restaurants...we are really going outside of our normal for this trip, so I can't wait to experience the differences!!!

19. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I'm having a really crappy birthday at work and could really use some Poly magic right now. :sad1:

20. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Hi Dani!!!! :bday:

I hate working on my birthday!!! Hope your day turns around...I think I have worked on my birthday for the last several years...but not this year!!! This year I will turn 34 at the Poly!!! :banana:

Cheer up!!!

21. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Thanks! My boss is being a real witch today. I should have taken off. Next year I plan on being in Disney for my birthday because my DS is 3 days after me and my DD is 6 days after him!

I think turning 34 at the Poly sounds lovely. You're going to love your trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.