• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called tonight and reserved a room in the Fiji building, Marina view. Now I'm getting really anxious to go!!

Called tonight and reserved a room in the Fiji building, Marina view. Now I'm getting really anxious to go!!

I hope you get the room/view you'd like; however, I don't know if you are aware that blg and room requests are not guaranteed....they are just requests, except for the Hawaii BLG, which is the club level blg and a paid for category. :goodvibes I decided to book club level, because I wanted to be guaranteed my blg and I liked the CL perks too :thumbsup2

I hope your request is granted though, Fiji marina view looks like a wonderful area, and probably what I'd request too if I wasn't staying club level :goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip!

I hope you get the room/view you'd like; however, I don't know if you are aware that blg and room requests are not guaranteed....they are just requests, except for the Hawaii BLG, which is the club level blg and a paid for category. :goodvibes I decided to book club level, because I wanted to be guaranteed my blg and I liked the CL perks too :thumbsup2

I hope your request is granted though, Fiji marina view looks like a wonderful area, and probably what I'd request too if I wasn't staying club level :goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip!

The 1st year we stayed at the Poly that's where they put us. Last year when we stayed there we requested that area and they were able to put us there. Hopefully they will be able to do the same this year!!! :goodvibes

Who do you call for this? We are going back in August and would love to at least make a request. TIA!

Call 407-939-7675. I was on hold for almost 25 minutes before anyone answered so I am guessing they are really busy! Good luck! :goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip!
We always book club level as well ... looks like we'll just miss each other this trip

Tried to book a GV CL room for our upcoming stay but there were none available when we booked so had to "settle" for a TPV CL room ... :p

19743F6B639FD744E2C5767022EE7879.png

You will love Fiji Marina view! Our favorite longhouse. We have always had our requests granted. I usually call the hotel directly about one week ahead of arrival just to add a personal touch. Room assignments are done about two days before arrival or at least that's what I was told by a cm. Good luck. Wish I was there!

We are going CHEAP b/c of deluxe dining ;) What is the best garden view room to request? And when should I call to request it? THANKS! :thumbsup2

We really liked Samoa 1st floor patio overlooking the quiet pool. It was close to everything, but not noisy at all . When we stayed 1st floor in Hawaii last time we overlooked the same area and we have requested it again this summer for our CL trip.:)

We are going CHEAP b/c of deluxe dining ;) What is the best garden view room to request? And when should I call to request it? THANKS! :thumbsup2

There really isn't any "best," as this is highly subject to opinion. My family personally likes 3rd floor Samoa, Volcano pool side, because it is centrally located with what we consider a spectacular view for a GV price. There are only 10 rooms in the entire resort that are in Samoa, 3rd floor, facing the volcano pool, so even though we request it, we know it is a long-shot to get it.

Many DISers really love Tokelau for GV. This is one of the "newer" buildings, so the rooms are slightly larger and all have either a balcony or patio. In the buildings that were part of the original resort (all except Tahiti, Tokelau and Rapa Nui), there are no balconies on the 2nd floor.

Try googling Tiki man pages. You will find a web site that offers details about all the buildings.

Requests can be made anytime through central reservations (maybe the earlier the better, that is up for debate). Just call and ask that your request be noted on your original reservation. If you booked through a TA, ask her/him to note it for you.

Good luck!

Bonny, sorry we miss you! Would have been nice to say hello to a fellow neighbor (we live in M'ville)/ Canuck! :goodvibes Nice room category you have! I'd love to have TPV CL, but at over $1,000 difference it's pretty steep! Glad there was still some GV availability when I booked!

So.....I heard via tikimans FB page that GF guests will be using the POLY pool for a few months running into my trip (end Sept to Oct 4) due to GF pool refurb.....I'm worried about the :crowded: and hope it won't be so packed we can't enjoy it! :worried:

I'll be heading over to Poly for dinner, coming from Beach Club. What's the best way to make this trip? I've heard a few options- walk to DHS & then take bus, walk through Epcot & the monorail, take a taxi....what do you think? Thanks!

So.....I heard via tikimans FB page that GF guests will be using the POLY pool for a few months running into my trip (end Sept to Oct 4) due to GF pool refurb.....I'm worried about the :crowded: and hope it won't be so packed we can't enjoy it! :worried:

I am wondering the same thing! It is our first time at the Poly, hoping this doesn't become a hassle!

So the 2013 package prices came out today and since have absolutely no patience and can't wait for my TA to get back to me on pricing, I decided to go to Disney's site and model the pricing myself. :)

A couple things popped up that I think are changes. But since you all are the experts, I'll leave it to you to tell me if this is indeed a change.

First I don't think they have the class "garden view" in 2013. Here are the classifications that I see:

Standard view
Lagoon view
Garden view - club level
Theme park view
Lagoon view - club level
Theme park view - club level

Does that seem like a change? If so, since I wanted a "garden" view (aka least expensive) room then I guess the standard view is what I would get. Here's the description of the standard view provided on Disney's website.

All rooms have 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, small table, chair, ceiling fan and bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include complimentary wi-fi, TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. Garden View Rooms are located in all buildings and offer views of a parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail.

I should also add that the standard room cost is $474 every night of our stay which includes weekends. There was no variance.

BTW, I'm not complaining, we'll pay for it. But it does seem like a big change to me. I called my Dad (who will be joining us with his own room and reservation) to warn him and he was okay with it. This is the first time he's vacationed with us, and the first time to Disney for him in 25 years so I was worried he'd bail. But he's all in.

What is the best way to get to MK from Poly for an 8:05AM adr?

10 days to go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter